bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 31st Mar 2012, 23:25   #61
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spolsh View Post
Rage Against The Machine by Rage Against The Machine. An album without even a single weak track.
+1

Not to mention that audiophiles all over the world use this as a standard test tool - The entire album is a masterpiece and well renowned to be one of the best mastered albums of all time. As such it;s often used by professional music installations and reviewers to test new kit.

Tom Morello once mentioned that the band have used exactly the same kit since they first got together and he personally has used the same $500 amp and guitar his entire life!

A perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step : Was also a fanatically mastered album and a personal favourite.

Spineshank - Height of Callousness : Probably has the most listening hours of my life, I can still remember the first time I heard Sythehetic, and of course New Disease is a sensational cult classic covered by a crazy number of bands.

Bob Marley - Legend : Okay so I cheated slightly there, but dear god it's a fantastic compilation of the man's work.

Last edited by MiNiMaL_FuSS; 31st Mar 2012 at 23:40.
MiNiMaL_FuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 05:42   #62
jammy_fred
Multimodder

jammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysisjammy_fred can run Crysis
Probably one of either
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers)

or Big L - Lifestlez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
jammy_fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 16:44   #63
jrduquemin
Multimodder

jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.jrduquemin is definitely a rep cheat.
Death - Human
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Slayer - Christ Illusion
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
jrduquemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 17:01   #64
CarlT2001
Supermodder

CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.CarlT2001 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Zero 7 - The Garden
Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms
Propellerheads - Decksanddrumsandrockandroll
Portishead - Third
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Emiliana Torrini - Love In The Time Of Science
Underworld - Beaucoup Fish
Unkle - Psyence Fiction
CarlT2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 23:17   #65
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post

Spineshank - Height of Callousness : Probably has the most listening hours of my life, I can still remember the first time I heard Syphillis, and of course New Disease is a sensational cult classic covered by a crazy number of bands.
Now listen to it again
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 00:31   #66
Tribble
Steals Avatars

Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constructacon View Post

There is only 1 album that I like every track on...... Gotye: Like Drawing Blood.
I do agree with the above statement.

my favourite album though still and present is Illusions by Thomas Bergersen

Old 5th May 2012, 00:33   #67
philheckler
Used to be a pc enthusiast

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tom Waits - SwordfishTrombones
Old 5th May 2012, 00:34   #68
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pearl Jam - Ten

Hands down my favorite album. Such a fantastic album with loads of emotion. Not a single track on it that I don't like, and I appreciate each song more the older I get.
Old 5th May 2012, 20:57   #69
Combinho
Ten kinds of awesome

Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Slightly left field, but I cannot fault the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack. Also surprised that this is The Smiths first mention here.

Also, Bify Clyro - Only Revolutions. As the drums kick in for The Captain, you know you're in for one hell of an album.

Got to agree with anything by QOTSA. Feel so lucky to have seen those two bands back to back at Reading a couple of years ago.
Old 5th May 2012, 22:42   #70
enterobsidian
Hopless World Wonderer

enterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
All these are perfect albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.cam108 View Post
, Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Strangely enough, I actually like this album. What if and The Scientist are good tracks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliqu3011 View Post
Jeff Buckley - Grace
VERY good album, and Hallelujah is the best version I have ever heard. So much emotion, and yet so crystal clear.

Others that made the cut:
Springsteen - Live in New York City
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood
Daft Punk - Discovery
Tatu - Dangerous and Moving, 200km/hr
James Blunt - All The Lost Souls
Jeff Wayne's War Of the Worlds (does this count???)
Anything by Neil Young...

Cheers
Enterobsidian

Searching Distant Seas
enterobsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 23:02   #71
Doc943
What's a Dremel?

Doc943 has yet to learn the way of the DremelDoc943 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 by Neil Young

Close to the Edge - Yes
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Doc943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 23:11   #72
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
H.I.M - Digital Versatile Doom

At one point i listened to the album maybe 3 or 4 times a day! non stop!

I wore it out in the end but i still love it
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 23:12   #73
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Or if you let me have a loose trilogy:

Swordfishtrombones/Rain Dogs/Franks Wild Years - Tom Waits

I can never pick between the two.

As a single body of work I think Trout Mask is the greatest, but taken together (as it feels like they should be) I think Waits' trilogy is is marginally better.
It actually feels kind of vulgar comparing to things that are so important to me though.

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 12:42   #74
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Faith No More - King For a Day, Fool For a Lifetime

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...

Last edited by Fizzban; 9th May 2012 at 16:49. Reason: Added Album Cover
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:22   #75
JPicasso
Minimodder

JPicasso has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lots of good stuff here, and some stuff I'll have to check out.

Couple of my Fav's

Janes Addiction: Nothing Shocking
Pixies : Surfer Rosa
Drowning Pool: Sinner

Last edited by JPicasso; 10th May 2012 at 16:24. Reason: listed a best of
JPicasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 18:26   #76
thefriscokid
why s**t so crazy?

thefriscokid has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthefriscokid has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthefriscokid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Green Day: Dookie
Beastie Boys: Hello Nasty

+ many more
i5 2500K | 8 GB Corsair Vengence | MSI GTX560TI | Asus P8P67 Pro B3 | Crucial M4 64 GB SSD | 2x Samsung F3 1TB | Antec TP 750W | Lian Li A05 | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX | Filco Ninja TKL | Razer DeathAdder | Dell U2410M | Senn PC360
battlelog: thefriscokid - bf3s - xbox live: JAS82
thefriscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 23:46   #77
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
My second favourite album of all time is..

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Really don't think I can choose a number 3...so many.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 00:02   #78
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (IMHO, the single best album ever made)
Metallica - Ride the Lightening
Fear Factory - Obsolete
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Slipknot - Slipknot
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 01:53   #79
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.
Liquid Swords - GZA
Enter the 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
Common - Be
Common - Resurrection
Outkast - Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik
Outkast - ATLiens
OutKast - Aquemini
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
Blackstar - Blackstar
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Don Killuminati - Tupac
The Eagles - Hotel California
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - White Album
Led Zepppelin - (All the self titled albums)
Micheal Jackson - Thriller
Micheal Jackson - Bad
KRS-One - KRS-One
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx
Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Radiohead - Kid A
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (I liked it.)
Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled

Many Many more.
Old 14th May 2012, 03:25   #80
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrop View Post
Tool- Lateralus
Amen.

NIN - All that I could have been. Disk 2.
The Matrix - Original Soundtrack. Every. Single. Track. Is. Special.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode