bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 8th May 2012, 18:01   #1
happysack
goodateverthinger

happysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysis
[Guide] : Configure to Optimise Windows 7 for Windows Media Center to use with HTPC

Afternoon Guys,

Im a huge Windows Media Center Fan when it comes to HTPC's.

Ive put together a short guide on how to get the most from the HTPC sat in your living room.

Please let me know what you think on youTube or here.

Also please make suggestion for future videos.

My channel is http://youtube.matthorner.co.uk

Last edited by happysack; 8th May 2012 at 18:07.
happysack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 18:45   #2
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
happysacks! rep.. nice guide
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 18:55   #3
happysack
goodateverthinger

happysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysishappysack can run Crysis
Thanks bud! If you have ideas for other vids let me know thing this is quite appropriate to the forum.
Thanks again
Old 8th May 2012, 21:03   #4
davefelcher
Supermodder

davefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysis
You can set Media Center to run on startup from the settings menu within MC. Easier than remembering a registry key.

Sent from Bittech Android app
davefelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 21:15   #5
happysack
goodateverthinger

That loads windows explorer too. Not as flush in my Opinion
Old 8th May 2012, 22:58   #6
davefelcher
Supermodder

davefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysis
OIC. Might give that a go, thanks.

Sent from Bittech Android app
davefelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 23:39   #7
Tigernos
Resident Roman Soldier

Tigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run Crysis
Pretty good guide, I'll possibly be building a HTPC later in the year for my parents. I didn't know about the direct boot into media centre like that.
MY FIRST BUILD Case:Corsair Carbide 400R | MoBo:Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H | CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.23v | Cooler:Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 | RAM:8GB (2x4GB) LP Corsair Vengeance Blue | GPU:Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1.2GB | PSU:600W Corsair Gaming Series | Monitor:Dell U2412M
Tigernos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 06:22   #8
Gaming_freak_10
PC Resurrector

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm just concerned on something.. most people don't know how to ctrl-alt-del to shut down the computer.. is there an shortcut to shut down the system?? when booted directly into the media center of course
Old 9th May 2012, 06:45   #9
happysack
goodateverthinger

I believe you can shutdown whilst in media centre of you make your off switch one your remote do a shutdown.
Personally I would leave the off button on my media center to make it sleep.
That way it boots quick and can be woken by most remotes.
Old 9th May 2012, 06:50   #10
Gaming_freak_10
PC Resurrector

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysack View Post
I believe you can shutdown whilst in media centre of you make your off switch one your remote do a shutdown.
Personally I would leave the off button on my media center to make it sleep.
That way it boots quick and can be woken by most remotes.
Could you show us how to? I'm still getting familiar with doing this type of stuff.. lol
Old 9th May 2012, 09:45   #11
happysack
goodateverthinger

Sure, ill post up a vid tonight. It really simple to shutdown direct from windows media center (if you browse through the menus pal!)

Cheers,
Old 9th May 2012, 09:47   #12
happysack
goodateverthinger

wrong post - Deleted.

Last edited by happysack; 9th May 2012 at 12:42.
happysack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 19:16   #13
happysack
goodateverthinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_freak_10 View Post
Could you show us how to? I'm still getting familiar with doing this type of stuff.. lol
Hi Gaming_Freak,

Firstly you will need to install the driver for your remote. (should be plug and play with windows 7 Thought - specially if its a 'media center' one)

once you have done that you can use the up down left right buttons to control around the interface.

Pulled together a quick video to show you how to get to shutdown or sleep.
I prefer to use sleep as i can then press the 'on' button on my remote and it wakes up the PC.

Here is the vid i made you.

Old 9th May 2012, 19:39   #14
Gaming_freak_10
PC Resurrector

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysack View Post
Youtube snip
Oh thank you.. that video explained it all! Thanks! have some +rep.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:52   #15
happysack
goodateverthinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_freak_10 View Post
Oh thank you.. that video explained it all! Thanks! have some +rep.
no problem dude, if you need another video please see the thread in the link below. Accepting requests there.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...28#post3049228
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 19:32   #16
Jamr
What's a Dremel?

Jamr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Auto shutoff??

Nice tutorials. Are you a programmer?
I am looking for something to make my HTPC shutoff automatically after recording or doing a auto update. Do you know of anything?
Jamr is offline   Reply With Quote