bit-tech.net

Old 10th May 2012, 14:06   #121
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfer View Post
That's pants. I wanted a kid free cinema to go watch this! Now I will have to wait and see it late at night so I don't get pissed off with kids talking thru the show.
I find opening weekend crowds are usually pumped for the movie and the talkers tend to not be there (as it's hassle to queue, book etc). This was also true of the Avengers (aside from a dude next to me getting his brighter-than-the-sun mobile phone out at one point)

Go on opening night and you should be fine
Old 10th May 2012, 14:07   #122
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
im planning on doing the midnight showing with some pals. should be epic.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 14:30   #123
Lorilath
What's a Dremel?

Lorilath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Planning on going to the IMAX to see this (hopefully in 2D as a friend cannot see 3D images) is going to be amazing
Lorilath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 16:25   #124
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
im planning on doing the midnight showing with some pals. should be epic.
This.

The cost of IMAX tickets plus the journey London is too much to spend on a film no matter how much I want to see it.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 08:45   #125
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfer View Post
That's pants. I wanted a kid free cinema to go watch this! Now I will have to wait and see it late at night so I don't get pissed off with kids talking thru the show.
Odeon have an over 18 lounge and seating area in some IMAX screens. They serve beer and as much popcorn and nachos you can eat. Look for the icon with the recliner next to the IMAX logo.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:19   #126
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
Odeon have an over 18 lounge and seating area in some IMAX screens. They serve beer and as much popcorn and nachos you can eat. Look for the icon with the recliner next to the IMAX logo.
.... in london?
Old 14th May 2012, 11:42   #127
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
It's called 'The Gallery' in the Norwich Odeon, costs about twice the price of a normal ticket but...

There's a bar you can buy alcoholic drinks from, but all the popcorn, nachos, tea/coffee & soft drinks you want are free

You get shown into the cinema by an usher a couple of mins before the actual film starts so don't have to sit through the adverts and trailers, plus the seats are huge and uber comfortable (my gf can sit cross legged in them!)

It actually works out cheaper than buying a normal ticket + large drink & popcorn!
Old 14th May 2012, 12:07   #128
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
It's called 'The Gallery' in the Norwich Odeon, costs about twice the price of a normal ticket but...

There's a bar you can buy alcoholic drinks from, but all the popcorn, nachos, tea/coffee & soft drinks you want are free

You get shown into the cinema by an usher a couple of mins before the actual film starts so don't have to sit through the adverts and trailers, plus the seats are huge and uber comfortable (my gf can sit cross legged in them!)

It actually works out cheaper than buying a normal ticket + large drink & popcorn!

Ah a fellow Norwich'ite.

I just pay half the usual price (borrow a friends DLA card, so buy 1 get 1 free), take my own snacks, and sit in the gallery regardless. I've been doing so for many years and they haven't moved me yet.

The great think with the Odeon is that you can then go see all the other films free as your already behind the barrier!
Old 15th May 2012, 22:10   #129
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJudd View Post
Thanks to bit-tech retweet...

http://t.co/XYD5BEVd

Alien Anthology on Bluray for less than a tenner...
Rep for that, finally ordered it to add to the collection - not watched them for years.

Added DVD of Bladerunner while I was at it, 3.26 I couldn't say no.

Anyway, Promethius, I'll be off when it's released, it's the sort of film the GF doesn't mind being dragged along to so all's good.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 12:33   #130
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tickets booked for the midnight showing here in the local cinema. 3D is forced, but still, should be awesome
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 21:25   #131
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.

Soon brothers, soon...
Old 29th May 2012, 21:55   #132
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As much as I want to watch all these trailers and clips, I refuse to until after I see the film on Thursday
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
Old 30th May 2012, 09:12   #133
Hamfunk
I AM KROGAN!

Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.Hamfunk is definitely a rep cheat.
Going to a midnight showing on Saturday at Cineworld and have opted for D-BOX seats which supposedly move about, lets hope it adds to the experience rather than detracts!!!
Old 30th May 2012, 09:15   #134
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I would be interested to know what you think of them!
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 09:18   #135
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
My lad has an exam Friday morning so the midnight showing tomorrow night was a no go. So I'm going Friday night 21:30 and can't wait
Old 30th May 2012, 09:21   #136
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

The IMAX lounge thingy you can find if you go to Odeon website and choose an IMAX or IMAX3D movie and if there is an option for an IMAX3D screen with a chair next to the IMAX3D then it's the Lounge
Old 31st May 2012, 12:58   #137
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The reviews are starting to trickle in and for the most part they're less than glowing.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:28   #138
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Den of Geek are particularly harsh.

Quote:
It’s therefore a shame to report that Prometheus: The Movie doesn’t come close to delivering anywhere near the thrills, excitement and clarity of Prometheus: The Marketing Exercise.

[snip]

Unfortunately, it’s after all of these characters are brought out of cold storage – and as the ship lands on the surface of planet LV-223 – that Prometheus really starts to come unstuck. With a script that’s both baggy, confusing and filled with way too many non-essential speaking parts, it simply fails to develop a clear focus.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/21531/prometheus-review
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 14:48   #139
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Just over 9 hours to go

Desperately trying to not get my hope up too high, whilst still really looking forward to seeing it.

Won't read reviews or otherwise until tomorrow.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:58   #140
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
Spoiler tags or GTFO, people- I'd rather find out / decide if it's good or not myself.

Tags
alien, aliens, lv233, nerd-gasm, prometheus, ridley scott, squeeeeeee!, trailer

View Mode