bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:09   #1
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Crysis 3

unimpressed so far.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:10   #2
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.MiNiMaL_FuSS is definitely a rep cheat.
get back on battlefield, we're missing you on mumble. There's nobody as excitable.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:16   #3
Telltale Boy
Designated CPC Jetwhore

Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.
Crysis 2 with a bow.

The whole "choose your path" thing sealed it for me. The fact that you can choose from three different paths makes no difference, it's still linear gameplay if you're not the one who's able to experiment and dictate exactly how you want to deal with a situation.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:26   #4
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
get back on battlefield, we're missing you on mumble. There's nobody as excitable.
I am on my way.

I don't think it looks to bad tbh.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:27   #5
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telltale Boy View Post
Crysis 2 with a bow.

The whole "choose your path" thing sealed it for me. The fact that you can choose from three different paths makes no difference, it's still linear gameplay if you're not the one who's able to experiment and dictate exactly how you want to deal with a situation.
it could be a graphical representation attempting to depict freedom in a minute long trailer but i need to see more, will i pick it up? dont know tbh.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:36   #6
aLtikal
1338-One step infront of the pro's

aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.aLtikal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why and how can the player use a full sized bow/arrow inside a narrow vent-duct? It obviously wouldnt be possible or fit.

I wish that surrounding environment would act to limit certain weapons/methods.

For example:
Narrow ducts or spaces should stop users equipping a bow, rocket launcher or assault rifle (restricting to hands only, or pistols)

Water could make some guns temporarily break if you equip them in wet- areas or under-water. A drying time could be introduced before they work again.

Stuff like that...it brings a touch of metal gear solid into it IMO, adds realism and REALLY makes people think about what "path" they want to chose based on what weapons could be suitable for the terrain and environment.
aLtikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:42   #7
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
I suspect it might be a bit closer to Crysis, but still limited. I now see it being one start point, one finish point, one big square filled with guns, enemies and explosives between. Invisible walls 'r us to stop you from going too far.

I'm getting far to pessimistic.

Admittedly; The Bow and Arrow looks good for Novelty, but against Armour? Jog right on. Unless he's having to use the full-force of strength mode to even pull back that string; it's not going to do jack against most stuff, plus the arrows would have to be so monumentally beefed up you'd need a 105mm cannon to get them moving anywhere.
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 03:00   #8
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
You idiots. We don't want a path, we want to make our own.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 03:06   #9
spectre456
Ultramodder

spectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
perhaps one of the things that depresses me the most is when i see Crysis 2 and 3 and think to myself...

"if those games were designed for the pc like the first then just imagine how improved they would be on a visual and technical scale"

Anything past Warhead makes me a SadPanda.
mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Cpu: AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 @ 3.00ghz Gpu: EVGA GTS 450 RAM: OCZ Reapers DDR2 4GB storage: Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb 7200rpm 32Mb cache Case: NZXT Apollo black OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 keyboard: MS KB mouse: Cooler Master Storm Inferno mousemat: OCZ mouse mat headset: Creative SoundBlaster Arena headset speakers: None
spectre456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 03:07   #10
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
I suspect that was just "Ohey look! We have all these different routes!" then dumb it down to three so the misjointed, idiotic console masses can also understand it. I'm hoping there'll be more than just three routes to each section. And that we don't have those stupid lockouts where it goes "HERE IS A NEW FEATURE. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE UNTIL I SAY SO. NOW USE IT. USE IT HARD." then giving you control back after you feel thoroughly violated.
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
Old 5th Jun 2012, 03:22   #11
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The reason why the devs throw these limited games at us is, that we're still buying the crap they offer, simple as that. And this goes for PC and consoles alike.

Vote with your wallet I say and show them that we don't want those crap games anymore.

I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 to get my FPS-fix. And it doesn't even need bleeding-edge graphics to satisfy me, but offers fun gameplay instead

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 04:10   #12
silky
Banned

silky has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maximum yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Vote with your wallet I say and show them that we don't want those crap games anymore.
I wish that would happen but I don't think it ever will. EA will just pay everyone off and when a game gets hyped like crazy with full screen ads over every website for 9 months prior to release, and every review gives it 110% because it's so awesome and perfect (like Skyrim), and it also happens to have some of the best graphics you can get - then it's going to be a big hit no matter how boring the gameplay really is.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:14   #13
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

ok, someone just dropped this into my inbox, certainly looks impressive and if thats not a bullshot and an accurate representation of the scale of the environment then it could be good. my only concern is the suit, nanosuit 2 was about as agile as a blamange.

Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:23   #14
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

Certainly impressive graphics. I wonder if we'll have DX11 out of the box that doesn't look like ass?

Sadly I don't think we're going to return to the awesome of Nanosuit 1.0, perhaps 2.5 might fix things, but I suspect it'll still be the same screwed up system. At least put armour mode back in as the default, please, Crytek, rather than forcing us to run around with basically no defence most of the time.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 20:20   #15
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That does look very impressive. I just hope they give the illusion of it being a sandbox game like the first one. That was the biggest problem for me in crysis 2. Also new nano suit please. For me the nano suit needs to be very similar to the first one but only 3 settings. Armour, stealth and strength (strength including speed).

Last edited by bagman; 5th Jun 2012 at 20:28.
bagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 20:52   #16
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I knew this day would come. This is just the best linear scripted open-sandbox game ever. Linear games will never be the same again now you can choose one of 3 paths. I wonder what will happen if I go through the entire game choosing only path 1?

If I can get through it all on path 1 I might replay it choosing only path 3.

F*ck path 2.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 21:24   #17
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
Crysis 2 was sh*te, this had better be better!
Old 5th Jun 2012, 21:33   #18
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasked View Post
Crysis 2 was sh*te, this had better be better!
You can sort the *******s out if it isn't.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 22:49   #19
Er-El
Supermodder

Er-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is that cockney guy supposed to be Psycho? Sounds nothing like him if it is...
Er-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 03:01   #20
silky
Banned

silky has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the graphics and the setting. But Crysis 2 was so boring :\
silky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crysis, crysis 3