bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:34   #1
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Rebirth ..... Completed... Total cost 132..

Some of you may remember Bulldogs box LINK .

Well since it was finished it's ended up moving house twice and been shoved in cupboards and basically taken a bit of a hammering. It's been raped for it's insides, bits have been pilfered for other builds and it's ended up a bit of a sorry looking mess.

So I've decided a rebuild is in order, the idea being to spend as little money as possible and use the bits that I have laying around.

So with out further ado heres a few pics of what it ended up looking like.

Back in the good old days it was like this..

And this is what it ended up like...

Not what you'd call pretty really is it.

I haven't got much much done due to the crappy weather , but basically my plan is to totally redo the case.

Now as this build is being controlled by an 8 year old there no telling what direction it will end up going, but 1 of the first things I thought about was that huge grill on the top and how best to take advantage of it, so I made a nice big hole and slapped a 200mm fan it.

Thats it for today, the weather called a halt to it all before I get get anymore done.

WHat i did forget to mention is that this build is been sponsored by TEELZYBUB and CARRIE, who very kindly donated a lot of the bits being used, so a big thank you to both of them from myself and Dylan.

Last edited by bulldogjeff; 24th Dec 2012 at 19:40.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:46   #2
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice one jeff glad to see you back in the game mate and of course a father and son team what could go wrong

Good luck on the build mate.

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed

Last edited by Teelzebub; 11th Jun 2012 at 23:22.
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:52   #3
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Best of luck with the build, I know Dylan will love the finished product. Jelly beans featuring in it or not?

Oh, and the answer to your question is today, the day the death knell tolled
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 18:59   #4
bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Nice one jeff glad to see you back in the game mate and of course a father and son team what could go wrong

Good luck luck on the build mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Best of luck with the build, I know Dylan will love the finished product. Jelly beans featuring in it or not?

Oh, and the answer to your question is today, the day the death knell tolled
Thank you both for giving me the bits to get this one off the ground. it's most appreciated and it's great to have mates like you 2 around..
Old 5th Jun 2012, 19:09   #5
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oooh, scrap heap challenge!

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 19:55   #6
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
oooh, scrap heap challenge!
Thats pretty much what this builds going to be ....lol
Old 5th Jun 2012, 22:55   #7
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Shame to see the old girl in such bad shape.
But still, seeing a restore job like this is going to be great! Can't wait, and many thanks Tel and Carrie!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 23:52   #8
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have no idea why you're thanking me kid but re Jeff that's what friends (real friends I mean) do for one another
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 12:23   #9
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Shame to see the old girl in such bad shape.
But still, seeing a restore job like this is going to be great! Can't wait, and many thanks Tel and Carrie!
Might be slightly more than a restoration mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
I have no idea why you're thanking me kid but re Jeff that's what friends (real friends I mean) do for one another
Dylans well happy with it all in a temp case and has had some mad ideas for a paint job already
Old 7th Jun 2012, 09:23   #10
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
These are always interesting.

Subbed!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 10:38   #11
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
These are always interesting.

Subbed!
No more fridges....lol
Old 7th Jun 2012, 12:33   #12
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
there better be LED's by the wheelbarrow load ..
Old 7th Jun 2012, 12:38   #13
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
And Fire Vinyls along with the paint-restore...
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 12:46   #14
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarte View Post
there better be LED's by the wheelbarrow load ..
Dave you're talking to the king of bling here mate. Would you really expect anything less...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by .//TuNdRa View Post
And Fire Vinyls along with the paint-restore...
We done flames in heatblast, but it's been designed by an 8 year old so expect some thing quite loud and lairy

I still think Heat Blast is my favorite build, it was pretty simple but there's just some thing about it that looks so right.
Old 7th Jun 2012, 13:20   #15
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Something Scifi could be nice

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 13:50   #16
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
The only issue I see so far is that 200mm fan is on intake...

Might want to flip that the other way up.
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 14:48   #17
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
come on where are the updates......get your skates on....
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 15:41   #18
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Something Scifi could be nice
Don't go giving him ideas Tel..lol He's got enough of them already
Quote:
Originally Posted by .//TuNdRa View Post
The only issue I see so far is that 200mm fan is on intake... Don't panic young one it's only a test fit

Might want to flip that the other way up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
come on where are the updates......get your skates on....
And as for you, you impatient git.....lol

Dam rain just won't give up, I managed about 20 mins on the build today Arghhhhh !!!
Old 7th Jun 2012, 16:16   #19
munkey
Modder

munkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's good to see a previous mod being redone/improved. Look forward to seeing what a young jr modder can come up with.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 16:43   #20
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Dave you're talking to the king of bling here mate. Would you really expect anything less...lol.
LEDS were your mouth is sunshine .. LOL
Proof of Excessive LED over kill, is inducing an epileptic fit on me when I browse your work log

View Mode