bit-tech.net

Old 19th Oct 2012, 01:18   #1
meandmymouth
Mod Master

meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.
Folding on laptop

My laptop sits around most days doing nothing and I was wondering whether it's worth getting it folding.

It's a sandy bridge dual-core with hyper-threading, i3 2310m, so it's half decent for a laptop but I know it is not going to get a lot of points, 2000ppd maybe?

Think it's worth it?
Old 19th Oct 2012, 10:40   #2
Taffy
Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Taffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have used my Alienware laptop several times for folding, but put a laptop cooler underneath and this keeps the temperature down. but only on the i5.
Old 19th Oct 2012, 12:38   #3
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmymouth View Post
My laptop sits around most days doing nothing and I was wondering whether it's worth getting it folding.

It's a sandy bridge dual-core with hyper-threading, i3 2310m, so it's half decent for a laptop but I know it is not going to get a lot of points, 2000ppd maybe?

Think it's worth it?
i have a E5200 duel core at 3.5GHz and that pulls around 2800ppd so i reckon you will get 3-4k?

depend on what WU's you get these days
Old 20th Oct 2012, 01:04   #4
meandmymouth
Mod Master

meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.meandmymouth is definitely a rep cheat.
It's up and running and I'm getting just around 3,000ppd. It's sitting on my windowsill which has a small draft (old house and windows) so it is keeping cool enough, around 60-65C. It's good enough.