bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 30th Oct 2012, 21:19   #101
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Own brand new plasma or laser is not an option for me just now. I spend over 2 grand on my cnc already, but I was thinking about swapping spindle for plasma cutter. but I'm not very sure about the idea, tbh
If thats the case then the conversion could be relatively simple (assuming you have a bedded CNC like most DIY people make). Though I would imagine you might get a cleaner cut with laser over plasma (or that was the case in my professional experience). The other option you could take is investigating water jet cutting. I haven't put a ton of time into researching it, but I know the quality of cut can be top notch.
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2012, 03:36   #102
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
On your site it lists it as a product - how much?

Could you make it a bit wider so I can fit a PCIe card in? A short PCB GTX 670 would be perfect
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 14:25   #103
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
hey Bindi

280 GBP including fans and DVD slot loader. There is no need to make it wider as Tenuis is designed to take PCI express card via 90 degree raiser (which I can supply). GTX 670 pcb will fit in.

however I'm not going to make any more of hand build versions, as I just cannot keep up with orders (I can still make one for you). Major part will by fabricated by contractor in future, but I don't now exactly how much will it cost yet.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 16:42   #104
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Incredible! I like it very much. Can you give us some pics of the inside with the components installed?
How difficult was the wiring - did you have to use wiring extensions?
Do you have internal USB ports for wireless dongles (keyboard, mouse, etc)?
I really like the stealthed drive and the hidden ports - well done!
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:52   #105
Rgart
What's a Dremel?

Rgart has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's very nice...

And i decided to inspire to your project

I don't need of dvd player and don't put the botton and I/O in the top of tower for simplify the project but if you want you can give us a foto of the joint between wood and steal in the lateral face...

I don't understand how did you do it...
Rgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 23:46   #106
Gtek

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
sorry for late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrek View Post
Incredible! I like it very much. Can you give us some pics of the inside with the components installed?
How difficult was the wiring - did you have to use wiring extensions?
Do you have internal USB ports for wireless dongles (keyboard, mouse, etc)?
I really like the stealthed drive and the hidden ports - well done!
Thanks! I will post new set of photos, including internals soon. hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgart View Post
It's very nice...

And i decided to inspire to your project

I don't need of dvd player and don't put the botton and I/O in the top of tower for simplify the project but if you want you can give us a foto of the joint between wood and steal in the lateral face...

I don't understand how did you do it...
Thank you. There is no wood on that photo, it's just aluminium chassis, but if you ask how I joined wood to alu, answer is that i simply glued it together, using Rhinobond. It's a PU adhesive, and it's really reliable from my experience. Here is a test bond, 5mm walnut + 5mm alu. It's almost impossible to separate them without using brute force, that would most likely destroy at least one of them . No chance wood panels falling off Tenuis or something

Old 21st Dec 2012, 21:43   #107
Gtek

Hi all. I took some fresh photos of another Tenuis, so I thought I could share them

Old 21st Dec 2012, 21:47   #108
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
SO MUCH GORGEOUS!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 21:57   #109
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Veeeeeeerrrrry nice.

Didn't know about the slide out piece for IO access, nice.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 22:39   #110
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Ooo I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside when I see this
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 01:58   #111
theshadow2001
Mod Master

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
OK, so this may be some kind of design sacrilege but if you scaled the dimensions slightly to fit a micro-atx mobo, such as a nice asus gene 5. You could totally put a watercooling loop in there and have a sexy gaming rig.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 04:54   #112
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
In some of those shots it looks so good its almost a render
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 18:30   #113
Gtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
SO MUCH GORGEOUS!
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Veeeeeeerrrrry nice.

Didn't know about the slide out piece for IO access, nice.
\

Thank you Wayne. I need to take a pick of the mechanism behind it one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Ooo I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside when I see this
Thanks Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
OK, so this may be some kind of design sacrilege but if you scaled the dimensions slightly to fit a micro-atx mobo, such as a nice asus gene 5. You could totally put a watercooling loop in there and have a sexy gaming rig.
Yeah, some people asked me for microATX version, but... I'm working on completely new design for microATX system, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
In some of those shots it looks so good its almost a render
Thanks. Good to hear, because I'm rubbish photographer
Old 24th Dec 2012, 14:03   #114
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.
Incredible, I had not seen this until the MOTY nominations (you got my vote of couse!).

I was just going to see if you were selling these pieces, then saw plenty of discussion here already. IMHO 280 odd is a great price for something this well crafted that would likely last upwards of 10 or 20 years in a house before looking outdated. Have you tried different wood types? Black stained oak is a personal favourite (but perhaps all-black would be a bit much).

If you were looking to go public and sell multiple numbers of these I would suggest approaching a high-end audio store such as one of the Bang & Olufsen franchises (or maybe somewhere like Richersounds), as this is the kind of thing that would appeal to these customers. These shops often like having interesting window displays...

Stunning.
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 14:30   #115
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've voted this for MOTY, so elegant, well done.

You could build and sell the barebones cases, I reckon the demand on this forum would be very high if you came up with an easier to build/slightly dumbed down version!
Old 26th Dec 2012, 22:59   #116
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
You could build and sell the barebones cases, I reckon the demand on this forum would be very high if you came up with an easier to build/slightly dumbed down version!
A kit for buyer to assemble? Good idea, potentially cheaper too.
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 23:10   #117
Gtek

Thanks guys!

Different woods, I can do mahagony, but I don't really like that wood. Black stained oak is very nice, maybe with combination with silver, or polished alu, but I would have to find supplier who can do 5mm thick boards... cheap.

When It comes to other variations of Tenuis and other form factors, I'm working on 34mm thin-ITX version with options of i3, i5, i7 desktop chips and up to 16GB 1600 memory, as I see a lot of potential in this new form factor. other than that... miniITX desktop/barebone version? I don't
know... maybe

Self assembly. Would be possible if there was no wood
Old 19th Jul 2013, 10:03   #118
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Obviously Tenuis 2 has been built since...are we likely to see any more of the Tenuis available? Did you have any luck out-sourcing to build more? I'd still love one of the originals!
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 02:43   #119
G-force
What's a Dremel?

G-force has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I actually like this original version better than the Tenuis 2. Stupid yes, but somehow the thickness and girth of the original feel more "powerful" and more strong for such a tall tower. Such a great build, both of them, but I prefer this one. Again, both are fantastic engineering mixed with decorate elegance. Very well done.

EDIT: I just realized. I think its the NES / famicom thing all over again. Americans like bigger cases to feel like they get a more robust/better product. It's all I can come up with.

Last edited by G-force; 22nd Jul 2013 at 02:45. Reason: New thoughts.
G-force is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode