bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 24th Oct 2012, 09:38   #61
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
Ive hated how this case looked since it was released.

Youve made it more appealing...
Well done, looks wicked so far, SUBBED!
Thanks jeckulz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
please give us more , that airvent is going to be sick
More will come KoSoVar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame View Post
Looking so smart dude, keep it up!
Thx Phame ^^
Old 26th Oct 2012, 14:09   #62
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice job mate and i cant wait how the airvent looks when its finisht.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 13:31   #63
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Nice job mate and i cant wait how the airvent looks when its finisht.
Thanks Pascal

Yesterday I received a very nice package from Gigabyte Benelux which I am very grateful for.

With special tanks to Bernice from Gigabyte Benelux.

Gigabyte has sended me one of there best motherboards they have the GA Z77X UP4 TH

In the box we have a manual driver disk 2 sate cables SLI bridge and I/O Backplate.

All picture where taken very carefully under supervision of Boris.

Sponsored By:

Old 7th Nov 2012, 11:09   #64
alain-s
Supermodder

Small sneak peak

Have bin working on the last part for the side panel. The piece U will see is just a try out. But I need to admit that it is looking great already.

Will make a short Video of how a made it.

Sponsored By:

Old 8th Nov 2012, 22:28   #65
alain-s
Supermodder

Update!!

Last weekend I went to Pascal (Paslis) to get some freshly made parts for my project.

As U can see there are already cuts in the sheet of Aluminium. This was done with a cuttinglazer and will help me to create the air vents in the panel.

Started with making a negative mold for the vent. These pieces where made my lazercutting machine. But they still needed some work before it would be ready to use.
Had to file the shape of the Vent in to the piece. After that it needed some sanding to smooth the edges out.

Finished product.

The rest U will need to follow in these 2 video's I have made. This is the best way for me to show/explain how I made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqUc...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAXa...1&feature=plcp

After a hour of work U get this as end result.

I have also started to work on the top grill of the case. This part will need to get the same look as the front grill of the case.

To give U a Idea of how it will look like.

Just need to find a good way to attach it all.

That is it again, thank U for reading.

Sponsored By:

Last edited by alain-s; 8th Nov 2012 at 22:38.
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 03:00   #66
whyte
Multimodder

whyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwhyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Simply inspiring as always. I cannot wait to see the final product.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 05:23   #67
myrizzle
Multimodder

myrizzle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hot damn!

This looks awesome, how come ive missed this. Watching Bit-Tech every mornin before i go to work.

Now i got ideas of my own! Awesome stuff!
myrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 05:55   #68
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Fantastic Alain! I've often thought about 'shark gill' vents but couldn't figure a way to make them. Mainly making a cut thin enough. But you show us how.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 06:45   #69
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Always wondered how that vent trick could be done manually, awesome pieces.

Could do that without lasers but would have to tweak the idea a touch so I could make a start hole but that's a heck of an awesome jig idea, like it a lot.

Heck of an awesome case mod, you are massively improving this case.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:34   #70
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's NEVER too late to join a party like this!

Subbed.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:39   #71
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is so awesome. You have my vote for the ModM!
Congrats for nomination btw
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 13:46   #72
FannBlade
Minimodder

FannBlade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the auto theme look. Very nice attention to detail.
FannBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 19:21   #73
Johnny71
Multimodder

Johnny71 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks awesome, subbed!
Johnny71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 19:41   #74
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Glorious! Love the front grilles and... everything else.
Your way of making the louver vents was rather ingenious. I would have bought a cheap vent press (and made a dozen bad attempts) instead.
Being friends with Paslis has a strange effect on on the friend's build quality. Your work was always slick, but now...
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 21:20   #75
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte View Post
Simply inspiring as always. I cannot wait to see the final product.
Thank U whyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
Hot damn!

This looks awesome, how come ive missed this. Watching Bit-Tech every mornin before i go to work.

Now i got ideas of my own! Awesome stuff!
Thx myrizzle ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Fantastic Alain! I've often thought about 'shark gill' vents but couldn't figure a way to make them. Mainly making a cut thin enough. But you show us how.
Thanks Attila happy I could show U all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Always wondered how that vent trick could be done manually, awesome pieces.

Could do that without lasers but would have to tweak the idea a touch so I could make a start hole but that's a heck of an awesome jig idea, like it a lot.

Heck of an awesome case mod, you are massively improving this case.
Thanks Waynio U probably can drill a 1.5mm hole and then use your imba Jigsaw to make the cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
It's NEVER too late to join a party like this!

Subbed.
Thanks Nutman
Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
This is so awesome. You have my vote for the ModM!
Congrats for nomination btw
Thank U elAwesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
I love the auto theme look. Very nice attention to detail.
Thx FannBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny71 View Post
Looks awesome, subbed!
Thank U Johnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Glorious! Love the front grilles and... everything else.
Your way of making the louver vents was rather ingenious. I would have bought a cheap vent press (and made a dozen bad attempts) instead.
Being friends with Paslis has a strange effect on on the friend's build quality. Your work was always slick, but now...
Thank U Cheapskate
Old 16th Nov 2012, 19:13   #76
alain-s
Supermodder

Continued the work on the side panel this week. All the pieces are finished for 1 panel I just need to put it together and finish it of.

Had a small issue with using different materials together. The place where the Aluminium and the plexi joins always cracked.

Got my Dremmel and started to cut the shape out. Filled it afterword with 2K Epoxy glue.

Again filling and sanding the panel till it all feels smooth.

Had to repeat the process several times over and over before I could spray some primer on it. With the panel in white I can easily spot the last errors in the panel and fix them.

As U can see there are still some spots that need some attention before the front of the panel is finished. After that I can continue to work on the other side of the panel. This side still need a lot of preparation before it is ready.

Sponsored By:

Old 16th Nov 2012, 19:18   #77
FannBlade
Minimodder

FannBlade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice work! That will really stand out when it's painted.
FannBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2012, 12:29   #78
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sexy stuff!
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2012, 15:34   #79
makarov7
Minimodder

makarov7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great case - great mod
makarov7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2012, 16:45   #80
twister7800gtx
Multimodder

twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.twister7800gtx is definitely a rep cheat.
Great work alain!!
twister7800gtx is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode