bit-tech.net

Old 4th Nov 2012, 10:56   #4241
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
Nele Eye.
One that jumped out from a shoot I had on friday. Used a single Elinchrom d-lite 2 as light, camera right. You can see it clearly in her eye, maybe too clear? Like it though.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 11:30   #4242
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Been after a shot of a Navy Chetak for ages now, pretty pleased with this one.

Indian Navy HAL Chetak IN 483 by angad84, on Flickr

Trishul Recovery by angad84, on Flickr

Hooking Up by angad84, on Flickr

Pumping Gas by angad84, on Flickr

Replenishment at Sea by angad84, on Flickr
Old 5th Nov 2012, 22:36   #4243
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Had the kids at the fair/bonfire so the DSLR & tripod was out of the question for some long exposure piccies. Instead I grabbed the X10 and did a bit of point and shooting including having a play with the panorama mode with the intention of trying something in PS later. This is it.

Old 6th Nov 2012, 06:51   #4244
stonedsurd

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That is... weird. How did you do it?

Threw a couple of my shots on airliner.net. They're supposed to be very picky about what they accept, so if something goes up, I'll know it's good.

Meanwhile, more navy.

Frigate Crossing by angad84, on Flickr

Indian Navy Westland Sea King by angad84, on Flickr

The Trident and the Horse by angad84, on Flickr

Shtil-1 by angad84, on Flickr
Old 6th Nov 2012, 08:52   #4245
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
That is... weird. How did you do it?
Start with a panorama and resize (untick constrain proportions) so the height matches the width and rotate 180 degrees. Then go to filter > distort > polar coordinates and choose rectangular to polar.

Ideally you need a level horizon and of course a full 360 degrees pano with the edges connecting
Old 6th Nov 2012, 09:44   #4246
stonedsurd

Deceptively simple. I like it
Old 6th Nov 2012, 09:47   #4247
veato
I should be working

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Deceptively simple. I like it
Very true. The post work is simple. The trick is getting the pano right in the first place.
Old 6th Nov 2012, 10:26   #4248
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Word of the day: Sparkles.

Had some fireworks for the wee man, he seemed to like them. Wife wouldn't get too close so this is 3200 iso and wide open.

DSC_3354 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr
Old 6th Nov 2012, 12:22   #4249
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2012, 22:06   #4250
zschow
Wish I had a Dremel!

zschow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Made this for dinner, an adaptation from a Guardian recipe.

Roast Asparagus Risotto with Wensleydale and Red Leicester cheese, served with foil roast herbed chicken breasts by zhisheng_chow, on Flickr
zschow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 05:21   #4251
stonedsurd

That. Looks. AMAZING.

Last edited by stonedsurd; 7th Nov 2012 at 05:26.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 18:09   #4252
Tribble
Steals Avatars

Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Tribble - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
everything is just right for me in this picture just awesome.
Old 7th Nov 2012, 18:54   #4253
haggisathome
Supermodder

haggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i agree , very nice shot .
not quite picture of the day but more like three days ago

IMG_3092 by haggis@home, on Flickr
haggisathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 20:27   #4254
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribble View Post
everything is just right for me in this picture just awesome.
Thanks mate !
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 23:13   #4255
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Thanks Madam!
FTFY
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 23:51   #4256
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
A PR shoot for a stage production of The Libertine.

Nikon D800
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8

MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 512GB Samsung 830 SSD 4TB of HDD Storage 4GB EVGA GTX670 Superclocked SLI Corsair 650D Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP Logitech Z623
EARTH| Celeron E3200 Gigabyte G31M-ES2L LSI SAS9260-8i 3TB RAID5 Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 04:58   #4257
stonedsurd

Ooooh, NICE!
Old 8th Nov 2012, 23:24   #4258
dead beat
Rippin six 4 life

dead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
ASUS ROG Maximus V Extreme Z77 | Intel i7 2600K @ 5.1Ghz | 4x Radeon R9 290s Quadfire | 8GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM @ 1866Mhz | Corsair AX1200 PSU | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD's | Dimastech Easy bench Dual V2.5 | Dell 3007 WFP-HC 30" monitor | Custom dual radiator waterloop
Photography gear: Nikon D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VRII | Nikkor 35mm F2/D | Nikkor 50mm 1.8D | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikon TC-14E II | SB-700 Speedlight
dead beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 01:43   #4259
eddie_dane
Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

eddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for presidenteddie_dane should be considered for president
It's been a while since I posted anything here so here's a show I recently worked.

brantley.gilbert-34 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr

brantley.gilbert-74 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr
<specofdust>More later, I have to go do something forbidden now
shutterdoggy.com
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 11:19   #4260
dead beat
Rippin six 4 life

dead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
This is Will Asher, currently ranked number 3 in the world. I took this at my ski club's annual slalom competition.

ASUS ROG Maximus V Extreme Z77 | Intel i7 2600K @ 5.1Ghz | 4x Radeon R9 290s Quadfire | 8GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM @ 1866Mhz | Corsair AX1200 PSU | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD's | Dimastech Easy bench Dual V2.5 | Dell 3007 WFP-HC 30" monitor | Custom dual radiator waterloop
Photography gear: Nikon D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VRII | Nikkor 35mm F2/D | Nikkor 50mm 1.8D | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikon TC-14E II | SB-700 Speedlight

Last edited by dead beat; 10th Nov 2012 at 18:10.
dead beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no skimlinks, stonedsurd? hell yes!