bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Scan Computers

Old 2nd Nov 2012, 16:07   #1
tsutton
Supermodder

tsutton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
RMA - how long should it take?

Just curious... how long does RMA should take?

I returned the items to you on Tuesday 30th Oct, and I know you have received it on Wed 31st Oct as I looked up on the DPD tracking system but you have not confirmed it yet, nor 'booked' them in yet.

It's almost the end of Friday today, does it mean I will have to wait until next Monday for the latest update?

Thanks,

Last edited by tsutton; 8th Nov 2012 at 11:53. Reason: added dates
tsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2012, 11:09   #2
tsutton
Supermodder

Still no further update... nor no email about my RMA parts being "booked in" to be looked at.

Is this acceptable? I'm not sure...
Old 6th Nov 2012, 11:18   #3
tsutton
Supermodder

Called Scan... already booked in, already looked at. And found to be faulty.

They said they will try to send a replacement out today.

Never got the e-mails about that... oh well, still am glad it's being sorted out now.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 11:52   #4
tsutton
Supermodder

Hum ho... still no email updates. Called Scan just now, replacement item still has not been dispatched! They said they will try to dispatch it today.

And they won the "Best RMA & Service" award???
Old 8th Nov 2012, 14:36   #5
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
You'll need to hassle them to get anything from them. Left to their own devices, it'll take months.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 14:38   #6
tsutton
Supermodder

Surely that's not acceptable? How did they won the award??

Ebuyer easily turned round my RMA within 3 days!
Old 8th Nov 2012, 15:17   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutton View Post

Ive had two rma's now with them and both have taken a month or more. The first one I even forgot I sent it. As the person above suggested, hassling them is the only way to get it sorted.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 15:31   #8
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:

Good question when Ebuyer, OcUK and CCL have all been quick and painless without the need of constant reminders.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 15:45   #9
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Strange, RMA'd tons of stuff with scan over the years and never had a problem, not ever had it take more than a few days to process.
XFXScorpio911 PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T CORSAIR HYDRO H50 CORSAIR Force 3 120GB WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit Musings On The Technical World Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 17:32   #10
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Hum ho... still no email updates. Called Scan just now, replacement item still has not been dispatched! They said they will try to dispatch it today.

And they won the "Best RMA & Service" award???
tsutton,

What's your RMA number please, let me look into this for you.

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 17:33   #11
mark@scan

mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.mark@scan is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbh96 View Post
Ive had two rma's now with them and both have taken a month or more. The first one I even forgot I sent it. As the person above suggested, hassling them is the only way to get it sorted.
fdbh96,

Please provide the RMA number(s) you are referring to and I will investigate this for you.

Regards
Old 8th Nov 2012, 17:35   #12
mark@scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin-HHGTTG View Post
You'll need to hassle them to get anything from them. Left to their own devices, it'll take months.
Are your comments based on personal experience? if so please provide your invoice/RMA numbers and I will investigate for you.

Regards
Old 9th Nov 2012, 07:54   #13
tsutton
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark@scan View Post
tsutton,

What's your RMA number please, let me look into this for you.

Regards
RMA Number: 287527

Yesterday morning, I was told it would be dispatched, but so far, no email alert to say that it has been dispatched yet. Which means I won't get it by this weekend to rebuild my system.

Also I sent an follow up email to SCAN on 5th Nov to ask for an update - never got a reply

1092602 - {DD538C61-3A07-4DBE-97A7-AC799CA5E79A}

Thank you.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 10:49   #14
tsutton
Supermodder

Quote:
Still no e-mail updates...

Called Scan once again today... turned out it has been posted yesterday and due to arrive today. Great, thank you for telling me (!!) Where are the e-mail updates about it?

And I am at work. I had to contact my wife who had to give up whatever she is doing and sit at home to wait for it. :/

SCAN - please improve communications with your customers!

Thanks all.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:19   #15
mark@scan

tsutton,

We do not send e-mail updates for returns, tracking is available 24x7 online using our RMA tracking function: https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...invoicenumber=

which provides you with your new replacement outgoing invoice number which you can then track using our parcel tracking service: https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...er=j&postcode=

Which provides all the information required including the 1 hour timeslot that you can expect delivery from DPD (I have removed part of each of your parcel tracking and invoice number for security) this has always been available

Last edited by mark@scan; 9th Nov 2012 at 11:43.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:28   #16
tsutton
Supermodder

Now you tell me.

To my best of knowledge, no one told me about the 'Outgoing invoice number' and using it to track it - this is a confusing system. Why not make these order number an clickable link so we can click to find it.

But still... no one told me how it would work. Please consider this as my feedback for improvments to the system.

Thank you.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:29   #17
tsutton
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark@scan View Post
(I have removed part of each of your parcel tracking and invoice number for security)
The image you posted has the parcel tracking number and my postcode, please remove it. Not acceptable. :/

Thanks.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:34   #18
mark@scan

All identifiable information has been removed to the best of my knowledge?

Your comments about ways to improve the system have been noted and are appreciated

We are currently working on improvements to our RMA tracking system and notifications.

Regards
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:36   #19
tsutton
Supermodder

Please see PM
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:46   #20
mark@scan

I have complied with your request to remove the first part of your postcode due to your privacy concerns.

Regards