bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Oct 2012, 08:14   #41
metalglasses
Minimodder

metalglasses has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmetalglasses has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmetalglasses has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey, I wanna know about the sticker template that you used, how can I get that stuff? I could try that on some of my projects.
metalglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2012, 17:00   #42
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
You auto picked what I was going to say.

The round grill bit though I also like the detail from the slight roughness that you can only see from right up close.

Finishing & patterns are looking great.
Yeah, the grill looks kinda good rough. Thanks Waynio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Wuuuuh! You used something Danish:P
I might add some of those red hot dogs aswell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalglasses View Post
Hey, I wanna know about the sticker template that you used, how can I get that stuff? I could try that on some of my projects.
Ill have to quote myself here just for the fun of it: "Check my old "R-Kaid-6" thread for more info about it."

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2012, 19:00   #43
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I really do genuinely hate you because this is so good...lol. I love the colours and the pattern on the top panel. Top modding dude, looking forward to seeing it finished
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 20:47   #44
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
I really do genuinely hate you because this is so good...lol. I love the colours and the pattern on the top panel. Top modding dude, looking forward to seeing it finished
Thank you mate! Glad you like the pattern... I like when I get a chance to add graphic elements to a build.

Old 16th Oct 2012, 21:10   #45
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Just wish I didn't fear home anodising to see how creative I could get with masking for the dye process after anodising, be so awesome to do stuff like that on aluminium maintaining the surface detail.

Feel I should look into it again but deeper, still a bit scary though with not being science minded, need a teacher on the subject really.

It's the disposal of the chemicals I'm not keen on the thought of, well that & some health risks, but if fully researched it should be all good, don't need none of that with wood though which is very nice.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 21:31   #46
FatPandas
Minimodder

FatPandas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice job man. All the cuts look really clean and sharp which is a hard thing to achieve in woodwork like this.
Gonna keep an eye on this
FatPandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 23:59   #47
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Just wish I didn't fear home anodising to see how creative I could get with masking for the dye process after anodising, be so awesome to do stuff like that on aluminium maintaining the surface detail.

Feel I should look into it again but deeper, still a bit scary though with not being science minded, need a teacher on the subject really.

It's the disposal of the chemicals I'm not keen on the thought of, well that & some health risks, but if fully researched it should be all good, don't need none of that with wood though which is very nice.
I think its a good thing to fear home anodising. Chemicals are tricky... But yeah, what you could do with a surface if you did though

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPandas View Post
Nice job man. All the cuts look really clean and sharp which is a hard thing to achieve in woodwork like this.
Gonna keep an eye on this
Thank you. How nice of you to notice the clean cuts... I am a perfectionist

Old 18th Oct 2012, 00:13   #48
quizz_kid
Squid

So, when starting on the final assembly I begun to feel that something was really really wrong... Took some seconds, but then I noticed it. During re-veneering, I glued two of the sides mirrored. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!!!

This is the order the fan/speaker is supposed to be, but opposite...

The fan should be close to the front, on the left, cooling the projector, not to the right!!
I dont know how to fix this, but I guess Ill manage somehow. I feel soooo stupid

I started to glue some stuff anyway. Heres the front with grill and lens protector.

Lens protector detail.

Also glued the frames to the chassi

Close up.

Blah!!

Old 18th Oct 2012, 20:36   #49
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Crapper, all fixed together too.

Only thing I can think of is cut the wrongly done panel out with a lot of care & remake that panel & then fix back in place, hope that's doable.

Massive "oh sheet" moment though but I think you have had worse modding nightmare moments like when the case fell on the ground & you fixed that.
Old 18th Oct 2012, 21:56   #50
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Crapper, all fixed together too.

Only thing I can think of is cut the wrongly done panel out with a lot of care & remake that panel & then fix back in place, hope that's doable.

Massive "oh sheet" moment though but I think you have had worse modding nightmare moments like when the case fell on the ground & you fixed that.
Yeah, i thought about that... But I dont think Ill be able to make that look nice. I came up with a solution today though, just by cutting the metal of the speakers. So Im good to go again!

Today I attached the brass fitting to the projector

The projector, with the metal fittings

The moment of fear. Epoxy on the tiny lens of a $700 worth of equipment.

Almost no margins to work with there.

Later!

Old 21st Oct 2012, 22:08   #51
quizz_kid
Squid

Todays work:

Cut som mesh pieces today and sprayed them in gold... The mesh is not that fine, so Im putting them in layers by two crossed over each other for less transparency.

Some dust filter for intakes, my girlfriend might get mad at me for this

Glued with epoxy

It will look better later, against darker background.

Same procedure for the intakes on front sides. Looks good with the frame I think.

Also welded outtake and projector adaptor into one piece.

Laterz!

Old 23rd Oct 2012, 23:26   #52
quizz_kid
Squid

When playing around with the controller pads today one of the audio plugs broke. I didnt knew they were so fragile... So Im going to change docking system and use magnets instead. More about that later.

Started on the assembly a bit... Just a test really, to see if everything fitted. It did

... and got a first glimt of the front with projector in place. Im very satisfied!

Old 23rd Oct 2012, 23:39   #53
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Look really nice. Good job,mate.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 02:52   #54
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Looks gorgeous & is packed with awesomeness.
Old 24th Oct 2012, 23:46   #55
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Look really nice. Good job,mate.
Thank you Pranja!

Quote:
Looks gorgeous & is packed with awesomeness.
Awesomeness it izzzz! ... Ive got some days of soldering in front of me. Not as fun as wood working, but is good for variation.

Old 25th Oct 2012, 02:34   #56
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Wow now thats the kind of modding I wanted to see! This is original, awesome, functional, innovative, just woooow!!!! Mod on bro, you are really good at it for SURE!!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2012, 17:04   #57
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Wow now thats the kind of modding I wanted to see! This is original, awesome, functional, innovative, just woooow!!!! Mod on bro, you are really good at it for SURE!!!!
Thank you AnG3L! Much appreciated... Let's just hope it works.

Right now I'm waiting for some parts, next week I'll continue

Old 31st Oct 2012, 00:19   #58
quizz_kid
Squid

Heres a small update:

Been focusing on the soldering a bit. Ill spare you of soldering pictures, but I think a actually used 3m of tin today. Shorten cables, extending cables... Ah, all these cables!!

Heres one of the USB cables

And heres a strange looking chain of comand. Amplifier and such.

Attached to the bottom piece, with more cable work. Im trying to hide most of the cables under the mobo. Ill have to order a 50cm IDE cable to hide that aswell.

And heres the mobo with the amp on top, secured by a mount attached to the CPU cooler

Heres a pic of the I/O panel... Cables everywhere!

The tiniest VGA cable Ive made so far... It has an angle aslo, so that was tricky ricky.

In position...

I also made a lot of strange looking cables today. Heres one of them. 12v to the amp.

Im going to have a small VGA cable under the console for switching from beamer to external source(monitor, tv etc). I ordered two d-sub connector shells in black plastic, but they were from another planet I guess... That really didnt fit

So I decided to make them out of walnut instead Took a piece, cut it in two halves and started milling.

This is after milling. Better than that plastic sh*t.

This is after gluing, sanding and some minor shampfering.

The screws are just temp. Now I have to make a nice fitting cable too. More to come...

Laterz! / Quizz

Last edited by quizz_kid; 31st Oct 2012 at 00:27.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 22:05   #59
quizz_kid
Squid

A small update... The VGA cables done. Hope youll like it!

Bought a small 10-pin cable and put a silicon tube over it for smoother flexibility.

Sleeved it with a nice brown shoe lace

I made a "minimalistic" connection, only using 8 pins. 5 GNDs soldered together like this.

FInal cable... Cute!!

Another shot.

This is where itll be placed.

Laterz!!

Old 9th Nov 2012, 09:05   #60
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
mister you have some nice skills i must say
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode