bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 24th Oct 2012, 01:49   #21
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Hardware mounting looks interesting, nice progress quizz.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 22:04   #22
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Looks sweet! Nice work preventing tear out with the sacrificial pieces when doing the vents. What do you use for milling that? Is it a metal mill, or one specific for wood?

I don't know how I missed all this... But glad I found it :-)
Itīs called a zink machine(or dovetail machine), and itīs for wood... You use it for all kind of milling, but mainly for copy production and dovetailing I guess. Best machine EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Hardware mounting looks interesting, nice progress quizz.
Thank you mate =)

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2012, 08:29   #23
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fabulous work so far! I like the color/material scheme as well.
I'm not sure about the stand - I'll have to wait and see what you had in mind. (an idea: Google "twisted trunk" --> maybe something along those lines - with a mix of copper wire/tubing, black wire, and walnut wood...)
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 10:11   #24
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrek View Post
I'm not sure about the stand - I'll have to wait and see what you had in mind. (an idea: Google "twisted trunk" --> maybe something along those lines - with a mix of copper wire/tubing, black wire, and walnut wood...)
Thank you Karrek, glad you like it! I'm not sure about stand myself. The twisted trunk idea is a nice and very interesting idea, but I'm looking for something "less interesting" and sparse here, something very simple. Going to keep it in mind though. And I might use that for another project.

Old 29th Oct 2012, 17:02   #25
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Insanely nice woodwork!
Old 30th Oct 2012, 09:55   #26
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Again, this is a very neat idea AND goes very well with the concept. Mayyyybe... Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
Insanely nice woodwork!
Well thank you, Jipa!!

Old 5th Nov 2012, 22:24   #27
quizz_kid
Squid

I thought Iīd try the lazzzer today...

I wanted to try modding the GPU a bit, so I made two new acrylic fan mountings, replacing that big ugly black plastic... Also cut some I/O extensions from 4mm MDF while I was at it.

GPU before

GPU after

From above...

I like it, the clear arcylic pieces are almost invisible when the fans are running. I might do something about those stickers though.

Cut some holes in the bottom piece for the I/O mountings.

And placed them with precision.

Hereīs the placement of the pump and res

Iīm going to add some material under the res later.

Also made some taps for connecting the cylinder with top and bottom.

Glued in place...

Taaada!

Laterz!! / Quizz

Old 8th Nov 2012, 10:11   #28
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I couldn't wait a week to check out some updates, sweet progress quizz.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 14:34   #29
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Starting to look really really good!

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 15:36   #30
Karrek
Multimodder

The quality and detail of your work is amazing - I'm looking forward to following this! Keep it coming...
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:23   #31
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I couldn't wait a week to check out some updates, sweet progress quizz.
Thanks Waynio! ... and right back at yah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
Starting to look really really good!
Thanx friend!

Quote:
The quality and detail of your work is amazing - I'm looking forward to following this! Keep it coming...
Thanks again Karrek, appreciated!!

Update time!!! Made some progress with the dome today...

Started off drawing some on a sheet of 6mm ply.

Cut the hole for the dome. Made a small mistake with the router, but fixed it with this little piece...

Drilled some holes and sanded the outer diam.

Placed the dome inside... Perfect fit Drilled three holes in the acrylic and attached M4 skrews to secure it to the ply.

As you can see the acrylic had to be sanded

Used the vertical sander.

Better!

Fitted on top of the shell. The ply will be painted black later.

Another angle.

Used the ply to pin the holes into the taps

Drilled...

Used the ply as mallet for the bottom aswell.

... and drilled some more.

Also put the cover in place and drilled some holes to connect it with the walls underneath.

Under the cover plate.

Laterzzzz / Quizz

Old 8th Nov 2012, 22:02   #32
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I want to see mooooore!

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 10:06   #33
Karrek
Multimodder

yes, keep it coming. This is easily one of my favorite projects right now...
Old 9th Nov 2012, 12:52   #34
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
this is looking great! Very original!
Old 9th Nov 2012, 16:14   #35
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
looking great

I have to ask, is that your shop? Or a workplace shop? Looks so nice!

Edited for typo

Last edited by Mosquito; 10th Nov 2012 at 17:32. Reason: typo ... our should have been your
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:16   #36
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
I want to see mooooore!
Quote:
yes, keep it coming. This is easily one of my favorite projects right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkos View Post
this is looking great! Very original!
Thank you guys!

Quote:
looking great

I have to ask, is that our shop? Or a workplace shop? Looks so nice!
Thanks Mosquito! ... Forgive me, but I donīt understand the question. Our shop?

Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:31   #37
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Thanks Mosquito! ... Forgive me, but I donīt understand the question. Our shop?
Dang it, typo... your* shop (home/personal shop)
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:39   #38
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Dang it, typo... your* shop (home/personal shop)
Oh... Thatīs the shop of my school, not a personal one Iīm afraid. One day maybe

Old 11th Nov 2012, 18:35   #39
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Never thought domesday would look so nice.
Excellent stuff quizz.
Old 11th Nov 2012, 19:17   #40
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't ask why, but it reminds me of Discworld, from Terry Pratchett! LoL
Great job!

I think that you would have to low your camera's ISO/gain! It will improve that grey grain!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode