bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Western Digital

Old 27th Apr 2012, 09:47   #21
bleeper
Minimodder

bleeper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitebag View Post
The price always raise fast .It is difficult to lower I think.
It's not difficult to lower the price by now, I just think the manufacturers don't want to. They first had to get production going again, recoup their losses, and maybe they've seen people are willing to pay a lot so are in no rush to reduce prices.

That said, to echo what others have said earlier, I've seen several reports that prices after April are due to fall. I think with the price per GB of SSDs falling and becoming a more attractive option, they will have no choice but to provide competitive prices.

It's the waiting that's irritating, and I feel fortunate that in August I picked up a 2TB drive not knowing what was about to happen :|
Old 27th Apr 2012, 15:05   #22
nom nom montster
What's a Dremel?

nom nom montster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
dont think they will drop down to what they was before the flood for some time.... and i get why... milking it....
Old 28th Apr 2012, 01:07   #23
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I kept holding off on a 3rd F3, always figured I'd have 30 when I really needed one finally managed to get a WD Green on the marketplace for a good price last week. Can't wait to things are back to normal, want to finally get this PC set up properly for editing.
Old 28th Apr 2012, 09:20   #24
cookie! nom nom
Hypermodder

cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
i think it will some time yet...

i think it will some time yet... people are paying the price for the hdds. if the price drops it will only be by 15-20 each time...
Old 14th May 2012, 19:32   #25
mediapcAddict
Multimodder

mediapcAddict has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie! nom nom View Post
i think it will some time yet... people are paying the price for the hdds. if the price drops it will only be by 15-20 each time...
I agree. I think prices will drop gradually as there is probably a back log of demand.

There are probably a lot of people waiting for the prices to fall to whatever price they think is okay. So when prices drop from 80 to 70 more people will start buying and clear out the inventories. Not to mention the lower the price goes, the more oems will start buying again.

In short for each price drop we will see more buyers enter the market. This will clear out inventories and keep prices high - It's only when all the demand back log is gone will we see 50 2tb drives again. My guess is by the end of the year.
Old 1st Jun 2012, 23:43   #26
cookie! nom nom
Hypermodder

cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!cookie! nom nom - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediapcAddict View Post
I agree. I think prices will drop gradually as there is probably a back log of demand.

There are probably a lot of people waiting for the prices to fall to whatever price they think is okay. So when prices drop from 80 to 70 more people will start buying and clear out the inventories. Not to mention the lower the price goes, the more oems will start buying again.

In short for each price drop we will see more buyers enter the market. This will clear out inventories and keep prices high - It's only when all the demand back log is gone will we see 50 2tb drives again. My guess is by the end of the year.

they way ssd are advancing i would think hdd would be dropping faster than what they are.
Old 18th Jun 2012, 12:30   #27
ninjaplease
I don't know what I'm doing

ninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysisninjaplease can run Crysis
SSD prices are dropping noticeably on a weekly basis almost, I fail to understand why HDD prices aren't following suit as within 5 years they're all going to be obsolete anyway.
Old 18th Jun 2012, 12:31   #28
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
There is still a problem with the supply chain probably.
Old 19th Jun 2012, 15:20   #29
maple
Hypermodder

maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!maple - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
how much was a 2TB drive before all this price increase? Is 80 good for a 2TB?
Old 19th Jun 2012, 15:43   #30
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I bought 4 WD20EARX drives few weeks before the floods for 71€/piece.
Old 19th Jun 2012, 15:57   #31
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple View Post
how much was a 2TB drive before all this price increase? Is 80 good for a 2TB?
It was about 65.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 10:04   #32
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I paid 58 for a samsung f4 2tb in april of 2011. I'm still hesitant to buy another drive at 80.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 10:06   #33
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
There is still a problem with the supply chain probably.
I doubt that. I think they are just being greedy tbh. OEM warranties dropped to 1 year on a lot of brands, prices still high, sod them tbh.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 10:15   #34
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
I doubt that. I think they are just being greedy tbh. OEM warranties dropped to 1 year on a lot of brands, prices still high, sod them tbh.
You can hardly call it greed. They are supplying something that is in demand so of course they are going to keep prices high for a while.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 11:34   #35
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
The manufacturers need to recoup the money they lost from stopping production during/due to the floods, as soon as they can get the prices down they will do it as it will increase production which is what they want.

It's easier to make money with bulk sales at lower prices than lower sales at higher prices.
Old 11th Nov 2012, 12:42   #36
Domestic_ginger
Supermodder

Domestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Saw a 3TB sata III caviar green for 140 today (limited offer though).