bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Aug 2012, 18:22   #61
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Thanks for the congrats guys! I am over the moon right now

@Kill the cheater,

There really isnīt anything else to say. The Bit-Tech MOTM is for, as itīs been said, projects in progress and of course if that hadnīt been the case I wouldnīt have been nominated to take part in it. I also participated in the xtremehardware.it mod-n-roll competition and as I posted in here, my worklog (which by the way your comments should have gone in the competition thread, not my worklog) I didnīt make it in time for the deadline, however the judges of such competition still allowed me to participate and I ended up fourth, I didnīt see anyone complain there.

As for the campus party competition, thereīs no rules that say it has to be finished, but it doesnt matter, it will be finished by then as what would the point of going to germany with an unfinished project be?

I hope this solves your doubts, not sure where the anger in your posts is coming from.

Again thanks to everyone who participated in voting on the MOTM June competition!

--------------

On a happier note, 2 of the 3 leaks have been fixed
Luciel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2012, 18:44   #62
Kill the cheater
What's a Dremel?

Kill the cheater has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Luciel, forgive but do not want to offend, just giving my opinion.

On the other hand I'm not modder, I would like to do these things.

Congratulations ofcourse.

But I still say that something is not finished yet is not just a project.
Kill the cheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 02:41   #63
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Hello everyone!

Iīd like to thank all of you who have sent me pms, e-mails and ask me about it on other forums as well. The sad truth is that I simply ran out of funds. Normally when I plan a project I allocate a certain ammount of funds to it that I can afford to spare and not affect my life (i.e. pay bills). Unfortunately this project had more than a few issues along the way which forced to change certain parts which in the end elevated the cost.

Now thatīs explained, a happier note. On the 4th of December Iīll be going for two weeks to Toronto, Canada, itīs a trip iīve been wanting to do for years and I canīt wait, but when I get back (on the 17th) Iīve been saving up to allocate the final funds needed to finish this project and... well letīs just say I have another project already planned.

Iīve also planned the reamaining work needed on this project in a way that I may due a couple of tutorial videos, including the one so many people have asked me for, my age-ing techniques. At first I though that I would never share it, as over the last couple of projects, itīs kind of become my trademark effect, but the fact is Iīve learned so much from this community it just wouldnīt be right to not share, so it is going to happen.

So, I wish you all a great couple of final months of 2012 and I hope to have the last part of this working, finished pictures and a couple of tutorials for everyone before the end of the year so that I may start fresh in 2013 with a new, quite special project.
Old 29th Mar 2013, 23:29   #64
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Hi Everyone,

After almost a year since I started the project, it is now Finished.

Since October Iīve been adding paint effects, ink effects, done some detail changes, added missing details and essentially obsessed over there damned thing. Following the original idea I did 2 casings, one for the psu and one for the gpus, unfortunately I just wasnīt happy with them, I felt they changed the overall look to much. I never wanted it to look clean as it simply doesnīt fit the post-apocalyptic style so in the end I opted for a rough way around it. The last 4 PSU connectors are bare and inked cabling for the GPUs. Iīm sure quite a few of you wouldīve proffered casings but I feel this way is what suits the style of the project best.

I also pretty much "coated" the whole thing with a mix of inks that took me a month to get right for a more old-n-gritty feel as while I was very happy with how the faux wood effect turned out, I felt it didnīt much the rest of the oxidized copper effects, this slight effect ink helps blend these two together and really make it look like itīs been around for a hundred years. If you compare these final pictures to the previous update pictures youīll find you canīt exactly point why, but youīll understand what I mean (or at least I hope you will )

I also realise thereīs no SLI bridge, this is simply because Iīve misplaced mine and didnīt want to wait till I ordered a new one to make the final pictures as I didnīt feel it was that important and... I really needed to end this stage of my life.

APASF is the project Iīve always wanted to do ever since I started painting and modding and while there are somethings that NOW I may have done differently, Iīm extremely happy with the final outcome, Iīm also relieved itīs over, it's taken a huge toll on me and in the end, it was more of an obligation and obsession rather than something I enjoyed doing as sad as that may sound.

Iīd like to thank my sponsors for being so patient with it as itīs taken 6 months more than I originally thought it would and of course for being there with me all the way.

Right, without further wait, here is the final shoot of APASF "A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future".

Thank you all for reading through this long worklog during what for me has been the hardest project Iīve ever done!

Until next time,
Luciel
Old 30th Mar 2013, 09:05   #65
yellowbomb
Supermodder

yellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyanyellowbomb is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks awesome! Glad you finally got it done.
yellowbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2013, 09:50   #66
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Freakin Awesome, love the pipe work, PSU, Pocket watches...I could go on and on. You really captured the whole steamPunk feel.

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2013, 14:50   #67
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Thanks guys,

Yellow, in deed mate, I honestly feel like Iīve gotten a huge weight off my shoulders :S
Old 30th Mar 2013, 20:29   #68
ziza
Multimodder

ziza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is a very cool mod reminds me Bioshock.
per me si va tra la perduta gente
ziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 14:57   #69
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Cheers : )
Old 24th Jun 2013, 16:40   #70
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

So the projectīs been finished for a while but... Iīm quite a happy trooper/bunny right now!

Old 24th Jun 2013, 20:10   #71
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Congrats! You must be really happy.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:38   #72
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice one mate. You must be really proud and rightly so. Stunning build!

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 19:53   #73
Evenge
Hypermodder

Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Congratulations!
Old 28th Jun 2013, 04:01   #74
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Thanks a bunch guys I trully am over the moon with happyness! ^^

View Mode