bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:01   #21
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What build of XMBC is that? it looks lovely compared to the Xbian one im running

Also subbed as a fellow pi owner!
AMD Phenom X6 1605T @ 4.5Ghz |Corsair H80 |Gigbyte970A-UD3 | 2X4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast | ASUS AMD 6950 2GB DirectCU II & Arctic Accelero Hybrid | Corsair HX750 | Liteon Blue Ray Drive | Samsung HD103SJ 1Tb | Crucial M4 SSD 64GB |Crucial M500 120GB| TP-Link 450MPs WiFi adaptor | Coolermaster Storm Trooper | Win 7 Pro 64it | Roccat ARVO | Logitech G500 | Bamboo 1 | Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW
legoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:03   #22
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
I'm still waiting my raspi delivery

an XBMC+android raspi would be great..
My Mod is cheaper than yours...
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:05   #23
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What build of XMBC is that? it looks lovely compared to the Xbian one im running

Also subbed as a fellow pi owner!
Raspbmc. Follow this :

http://www.raspbmc.com/download/
Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:13   #24
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
A RasPi in aluminim coc@ col@ bottle??
You know me

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:27   #25
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
You know me
Just an intuition
Old 8th Nov 2012, 20:38   #26
Knighthammer
Multimodder

Knighthammer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
subbed for sure! Also fellow Pi owner.
Knighthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:12   #27
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
You only need the video ID in the youtube link (udh7F6L3vMc in this case)

Last edited by Mosquito; 8th Nov 2012 at 23:11. Reason: removed my video posting
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:45   #28
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
You only need the video ID in the youtube link (udh7F6L3vMc in this case)
Many thanks for the tip... First time. I tried 3/4 times.. I have no more hairs..

I'll fix it know.

Last edited by Canardwc; 8th Nov 2012 at 21:52.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:51   #29
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Time to think about the encloseure of the pPi.

First idea and first test (always neat ), use black foam board. But it seems complicate (Because I don't like Maths)

Old 8th Nov 2012, 23:12   #30
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
Many thanks for the tip... First time. I tried 3/4 times.. I have no more hairs..

I'll fix it know.
Always glad to help
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 01:42   #31
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

After tests, I 3D render my Idea via SketchUP.

Last edited by Canardwc; 9th Nov 2012 at 02:13.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 03:04   #32
dark_avenger
Raspberry Pi owner

dark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysis
Sub'd
I like the USB hub mounted on top keeps the form factor nice and small.
One day I'll get around to building a case for mine haha
dark_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 02:40   #33
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Done the first Model Case in foam board

Drawings:

Cuting:

Removing first layout of paper and foam:

Old 10th Nov 2012, 07:56   #34
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.
That looks really good. To be honest my only suggestion would be to move the power input to the rear to improve the cabling of things. I know you can't physically move this port, could you achieve something similar with a micro USB extension cable run inside the case to a point on the rear

Edit.
I'm an idiot that has just woken up, it was the audio port I was looking at. You've moved the power. D'oh.
Old 10th Nov 2012, 10:58   #35
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear84 View Post
That looks really good. To be honest my only suggestion would be to move the power input to the rear to improve the cabling of things. I know you can't physically move this port, could you achieve something similar with a micro USB extension cable run inside the case to a point on the rear

Edit.
I'm an idiot that has just woken up, it was the audio port I was looking at. You've moved the power. D'oh.
Thks
Old 10th Nov 2012, 11:34   #36
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Cool thing
You made me thinking of buying a Raspberry Pi too. How does it perform? I would use itnas a media centre...
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 12:44   #37
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
Cool thing
You made me thinking of buying a Raspberry Pi too. How does it perform? I would use itnas a media centre...
thks for ypur support. I bought RasPi 6 mounths ago and there were no correct distribution for media center or only slow and very complicate OS based on Openelec. Since few weeks, Rasbmc is operationnal, easy to install, auto updating via internet and is just the fastest and the easier way to do a media center on Raspi; for my opinion. It s fluid and reactive. Have you see my video & music test?

Last edited by Canardwc; 10th Nov 2012 at 12:49.
Old 10th Nov 2012, 13:12   #38
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great job! The only problem about the USB hubs is that if you plug some device that is a wider than normal, it's impossible to plug any more thing... ^^'
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 10:48   #39
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
It's excellent think I'll have to do a Rasbmc with 1 for a present, so small I could use scraps.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 10:54   #40
Gaming_freak_10
Ultramodder

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
This could be useful for an Media center.. where do I find the Raspberry Pi?? There's no Canada resellers around here..
Originally Posted by creative View Post
if you dont draw blood whilst working on a car... then your not doing it correctly! That and learning the mechanics language... Basically swearing at it until it fits, whilst drawing blood...

Last edited by Gaming_freak_10; 12th Nov 2012 at 11:22.
Gaming_freak_10 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode