bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 8th Aug 2012, 11:58   #341
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Love the staggered sli stack, that's just absolutely awesome use of the space in such an awkward shape, flipping excellent work mate, really is.

Lighting is very nice too & you bet the photography is appreciated.

Big wow inducing form, performance & function all rolled into 1, marvellous design & modding.

More comments inbound I'm sure, not seen the car wings yet, appreciate the slow release of awesome too, good thinking, my words would have been a big old spurge of woooooow, like this but far too much ramblah all at once.

---
Ninjad

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh that's utterly badass coolest car mod I ever seen that is insanely awesome, you should get some hefty good recognition for this dude.

Love it. I now need to calm down a touch.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 12:02   #342
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The truck shots are complete win.
Old 8th Aug 2012, 13:11   #343
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks amazing , mate , Love it all strapped to the car, you using a PCIE cable to attach the cards to the board ? Also what are running temps like ?
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 13:17   #344
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
words simply can not describe......

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 14:04   #345
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
awesome rig! I'm so jealous right now :P
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 21:18   #346
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Can't wait for the "more still to come"... Looks fantastic
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Holy. SH*T.

What I said when I designed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Indeed

You never thought it could be done by 1 person but you are awesome whether you know it or not & at least had a feeling you could do it which driven you on to do it & you done it amazingly good without resorting to spending money for others to do it & not gaining the skills, you levelled up a good few & become a mightier modder.

Looks fantastically badass, most go for an easier challenge when doing CF, not you, difficult geometry, you like the challenge & you got it right & sir, you smashed it through the galaxy, congratulations dude.

Don't forget the shots of it on your motor too, want to see your motor with wings.

Really looks saaaaaweeeeeeeeeet, congratulations, look forward to seeing the other shots too.
Thanks for all the support along the way. I really loved gaining the skill of learning how to do composite construction. It has opened a new door for me in life in regards to all my inventions. I only hope that this inspires people and spurs their creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Yay, it is finished.

Looks so cool.
Thank God it is finished for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Oh,total awesomnes.

I loled when I saw this pictures os plane on car.

Nanananana,Batman.
Hahaha! I get people twisting their neck to look at it.

Quote:
Love the staggered sli stack, that's just absolutely awesome use of the space in such an awkward shape, flipping excellent work mate, really is.

Lighting is very nice too & you bet the photography is appreciated.

Big wow inducing form, performance & function all rolled into 1, marvellous design & modding.

More comments inbound I'm sure, not seen the car wings yet, appreciate the slow release of awesome too, good thinking, my words would have been a big old spurge of woooooow, like this but far too much ramblah all at once.

---
Ninjad

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh that's utterly badass coolest car mod I ever seen that is insanely awesome, you should get some hefty good recognition for this dude.

Love it. I now need to calm down a touch.
Without the help of a 3D render, I really don't know again if it was possible without blueprints and such. The 3D render let me see the positioning and the overall size the build was going to have to be. If I wanted to use 3 or 4 cards the wingspan would have to be like 10-12 feet so it would could out geometrically pleasing to the eye. Than there would be the weight factor with the additional width and height, plus I dont have a wall in my apartment that long, ugh. So this build could only be a 2 card design.

The most efficient way to move this case is by mounting it on top of the "motor" as you chaps call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Looks amazing , mate , Love it all strapped to the car, you using a PCIE cable to attach the cards to the board ? Also what are running temps like ?
I will be using custom made PCI-E cables. I haven't got them made yet, they will cost about $175. They are made be Adelex out of California, USA. I cannot yet comment on what the temps will be. Though Carbon Fiber acts as a heat sink so they case inadvertently will dissipate heat along with the radiators, which is, Really Awesome!!!! Will report back to the community when I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
words simply can not describe......
haha! Epic! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
awesome rig! I'm so jealous right now :P
Thanks! I wonder if people will try to "copy" me. You may build your own one day, Dream Big Mod Big!
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 07:15   #347
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Congratz on a unique build man! Very well done!
Love the picture on your car, that's priceless!
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 08:39   #348
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hadn't checked in on this build for a while, amazingly complex and like all the little details.. crazy good!.. the original pics didnt give a good concept of size, until you strapped int on the truck
Old 9th Aug 2012, 12:06   #349
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
Congratz on a unique build man! Very well done!
Love the picture on your car, that's priceless!
Thanks! Time to create the album on facebook in the user group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
hadn't checked in on this build for a while, amazingly complex and like all the little details.. crazy good!.. the original pics didnt give a good concept of size, until you strapped int on the truck
real estate hog it is. I will be taking more pics in the future and I'll throw some in there of size relation to a normal case. Thanks!
Old 13th Aug 2012, 08:31   #350
jakobfrimmel
Supermodder

jakobfrimmel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
get some RC jet engines and make a flying computer....
Motherboard: Gigabyte 890xA-ud3
RAM: 4gb ddr3 1600 OCZ @1600
jakobfrimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2012, 13:00   #351
Phyonics
Modder

Phyonics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely fantastic!!!

A great contender for MOTY

Oh and it brings a whole new meaning to car pc
Phyonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 09:54   #352
GeordieGoose
Multimodder

GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GeordieGoose - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
On another level mate.

Rep rep rep!

I bet you get some looks when you we're driving around with that bolted to your roof. Get it fastened to the top of a Smart car or a mini for some extra laughs.
GeordieGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 11:21   #353
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Voted for this on that Asus thing for New York, a project like this will wow people for sure.
Old 14th Aug 2012, 11:35   #354
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
Massive most epic build :eek:

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 10 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 12:05   #355
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobfrimmel View Post
get some RC jet engines and make a flying computer....
With some modification this airframe design I truly believe could take flight. Than I really get to test to test out radar sites and get arrested by the feds for FAA violations and spend time in jail. eeerrrrr, let's just keep this a dream Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyonics View Post
Absolutely fantastic!!!

A great contender for MOTY

Oh and it brings a whole new meaning to car pc
Thanks!!!!! MOTY is going to be real tough!! Waynio's Lean n Green is truly inspiring and I'm calling the probable winner. I'll be happy just to make it. If someone else picks up carbon fiber and trys it because of me, than I did my job.

You got a point about the Car PC!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeordieGoose View Post
On another level mate.

Rep rep rep!

I bet you get some looks when you we're driving around with that bolted to your roof. Get it fastened to the top of a Smart car or a mini for some extra laughs.
Ya, if I do that, the car will actually fly, haha!!!!! Thanks

Quote:
Voted for this on that Asus thing for New York, a project like this will wow people for sure.
Thanks Bro!! Really appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramil View Post
Massive most epic build :eek:

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
Thanks! Dream Big Mod Big!!
Old 12th Nov 2012, 21:53   #356
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Tempature Reading.

Hello. I know it has been quite sometime since I have finished the build. My motherboard never worked so I had to RMA it and RMA it about 5 times more before I got one that worked this past weekend.

The rest of the system had already been assembled. Time to report on the temperature readings.

The motherboard reading from Thermal Radar on the Asus reports mid 20's to 30's for the overall board.

The real test in trying to keep cool the power hungry 480GTX Fermi's. In Aelro, the standard idle temps were in the 50's. As a game was played it got all the way to 80-90C.

In SSR-X, idling in about 40C and playing is about 48C with the cover of the case on.

The major factor here in design is the twin 360 radiators. Whether or not the carbon fiber is having an affect is possible but I can't say for sure. I do know that carbon fiber has a high thermal conductivity rating. Which makes it better than Aluminium.

Thanks for tuning in! Over and out!
Old 12th Nov 2012, 22:27   #357
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
lol at pics, like you are a CIA agent recovering a drone.
Old 14th Nov 2012, 22:40   #358
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Very nice temps Dave
Old 25th Dec 2012, 14:26   #359
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

MOTY nominee! I believe modders should break into new ground and work with new materials. Composites are going to be apart of the future of modding, as along, as the PC doesn't die. I can't say when for sure composites will take hold maybe 5 years or 10.

Tags
carbon fiber, de-molding, gelcoat, molding, vacuum resin infusion

View Mode