bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Nov 2012, 12:10   #41
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
Great job! The only problem about the USB hubs is that if you plug some device that is a wider than normal, it's impossible to plug any more thing... ^^'
Thanks. Yep, but it's just a Raspberry... The Original RasPi has Only 2 USB ports. And now, there are 5!
I think it's enought for a Medeia Center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
It's excellent think I'll have to do a Rasbmc with 1 for a present, so small I could use scraps.
Thanks too. Have you already one RasPi? Be careful in your conception, they are no holes to screw in RasPi Motherbord... But with your skills, i'm sure you'll do a fantastic Pi case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_freak_10 View Post
This could be useful for an Media center.. where do I find the Raspberry Pi?? There's no Canada resellers around here..
Hey, try here...

http://fr.rs-online.com/web/generalD...id=raspberrypi
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 17:18   #42
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
This could be useful for an Media center.. where do I find the Raspberry Pi?? There's no Canada resellers around here..
I found better for you, Canadian Citizen :

http://www.alliedelec.com/lp/120626raso/

Last edited by Canardwc; 12th Nov 2012 at 19:06.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 01:03   #43
Gaming_freak_10
Hypermodder

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
I found better for you, Canadian Citizen :

http://www.alliedelec.com/lp/120626raso/
Thanks Canard! have some +rep!
Old 13th Nov 2012, 05:01   #44
jay2
Indonesian Modder

jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
My Mod is cheaper than yours...

The heat, foam would not transfer heat... high possibility it would reach high temp after a few HD movies...
jay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:05   #45
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.
Agreed, they get hot. You could add a couple of small heatsinks and a small fan run rigged to run from the other USB port internally. That is kind of what I'm thinking with mine. That said, after around 5 months of owning one I still haven't done anything about making a case.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 16:05   #46
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Thanks Canard! have some +rep!
you're welcome
Old 13th Nov 2012, 16:13   #47
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2 View Post

The heat, foam would not transfer heat... high possibility it would reach high temp after a few HD movies...
like I said, it's just a 1st model that reaveled some errors. The final case will probably be in wood and aluminium, or only aluminium, or acrylic.. Don't know yet. But your remark is true and i heart it. I'm moddelind (in 3D) a new case with new specs, and holes on top and bottom plate to do a naturel air convection effect...
Old 13th Nov 2012, 20:10   #48
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear84 View Post
Agreed, they get hot. You could add a couple of small heatsinks and a small fan run rigged to run from the other USB port internally. That is kind of what I'm thinking with mine. That said, after around 5 months of owning one I still haven't done anything about making a case.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 20:35   #49
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm really not on the ball at the minute, sorry. I have been looking from my phone and the pictures are small on that.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 21:24   #50
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
I'm really not on the ball at the minute, sorry. I have been looking from my phone and the pictures are small on that.
Don't worry, be...
Old 6th Dec 2012, 13:32   #51
Psyance
Supermodder

Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.
First post
I've been a long time lurker but have decided to register as I am getting a Pi as one of my Xmas pressies and this thread has given me some great ideas.
Subbed and looking forward to new updates.
Psyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 05:44   #52
Gaming_freak_10
Hypermodder

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
Any updates on this??
Old 24th Dec 2012, 00:55   #53
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyance View Post
First post
I've been a long time lurker but have decided to register as I am getting a Pi as one of my Xmas pressies and this thread has given me some great ideas.
Subbed and looking forward to new updates.
Congrats for your future Pi.. Post your project! And glad i gave you some ideas..

Quote:
Any updates on this??
Yes! It coming soon, probably now
Old 24th Dec 2012, 00:59   #54
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

So, it's been a long time i didn't post new pictures...

I can say now this scratch build is finished...

Enjoy

Old 24th Dec 2012, 01:22   #55
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice Canard
Tricky motherboard to make a nice case for with having outputs on all sides, excellent case.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2012, 01:50   #56
AlderonnX
Multimodder

AlderonnX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this is cool.

Also If you get a friend request from a Giant drinking a Mountain Dew on Facebook thats me...
AlderonnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2012, 02:01   #57
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Very nice Canard
Tricky motherboard to make a nice case for with having outputs on all sides, excellent case.
Hi Waynio, always looking everywhere!!!

Thank you, and it's an honor from you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderonnX View Post
this is cool.
Thanks you too

Have nice Xmas day guys and happy new year, we're still alive
Old 24th Dec 2012, 02:35   #58
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2 View Post

Quote:
As you can see, i modified some specs of the case.. Aluminium and holes.. Like that, the RasPi can breath...

Last edited by Canardwc; 24th Dec 2012 at 02:43.
Old 24th Dec 2012, 18:57   #59
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Just a reply to move up in the top of the forum list!!!
Old 24th Dec 2012, 19:39   #60
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Just a reply to move up the thread in the top of the forum list!!!

View Mode