bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 7th Nov 2012, 08:55   #1341
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
The big problem with the "analysis" is that it's ignoring the fact that bad things also happen to other drivers. Most recently, Vettel also had a "fuel infringement" and was demoted to the back of the grid. The result of this was that he came back to 3rd whereas Hamilton could only make 8th when the same thing happened to him. Then there's Valencia, when Vettel had a mechanical failure after being 4th on the track, and Monza where Vettel had pole position but failed to finish. Don't forget Malaysia, when Vettel was tagged by an HRT he was lapping, got a puncture and was retired on the last lap due to a team decision.

If you're counting Hamilton's "fuel infringement" as loss of a win, then Vettel's actually down by around 60 points from where he should be. Again, that puts Hamilton out of contention for the WDC.

Arguable? I think that's the right word for the "analysis".
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:07   #1342
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4nky View Post
The big problem with the "analysis" is that it's ignoring the fact that bad things also happen to other drivers. Most recently, Vettel also had a "fuel infringement" and was demoted to the back of the grid. The result of this was that he came back to 3rd whereas Hamilton could only make 8th when the same thing happened to him. Then there's Valencia, when Vettel had a mechanical failure after being 4th on the track, and Monza where Vettel had pole position but failed to finish. Don't forget Malaysia, when Vettel was tagged by an HRT he was lapping, got a puncture and was retired on the last lap due to a team decision.

If you're counting Hamilton's "fuel infringement" as loss of a win, then Vettel's actually down by around 60 points from where he should be. Again, that puts Hamilton out of contention for the WDC.

There's a difference int eh RBR fuel infringement vs the McLaren one.

RBR had an issue that WAS ACCEPTED as force majeur, and then had ANOTHER issue whereby there was enough fuel in the car, but the fuel cells prevented it from being extracted. THAT is why they got the penalty, becuase the rules say that the fuel has to be retreived without the removal of body panels.

McLaren ahd an issue where the car was fuelled low (due to a pump in the wrong setting - outside of the car).
Lewis then ran a lap (which would have placed him 6th or thereabouts in retrospective). He then launched straight into another fast lap. By that time, someone at McLaren SHOULD HAVE picked up that the car was too light, and SHOULD HAVE told him to slow down and bring the car in. INSTEAD, he blitzes the lap and IMMEDIATELY AFTER gets told to slow down and stop...

in short: McLaren was because they were sleeping, RBR was because of a problem.
Looking at the pace that Lewis had at the quali in question (and that pace is NOT acounted for simply by fuel effect), and looking at the longer tyre life that front runners demonstrate this seasons, it's reasonable to expect that Lewis would have taken that race pole-to-flag.

Yes, reliability issues arguably happen to other drivers as well. Webber and Vettel had Alternator issues. I'll concede that wihtout issues.

Also note how the analysis DOESN'T account for several of the collisions Lewis was involved in. The Maldonado one is accounted for, since without the pitstop ballsup that McLaren seemed to make a lot in the early season, he would have been clear of Maldonado.

Of course, 110 points is a "best case" scenario. But looking at the races that JA picked out, and looking at his reasoning, it would be safe to assume that at the VERY least he would still be very much in contention for the WDC and the WCC for McLaren without the pitstop disaster, the fuelling disaster and the team not getting **** right.

McLaren cost themselves this season. That's the point.
When Whitmarsh said recently "We're making it too easy for RBR", he was refering to the collective "We" as in - the other F1 teams... What I saw there was "We - McLaren"
Old 7th Nov 2012, 18:24   #1343
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@BentAnat : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104089

RBR had no issue, they were only thinking they had an issue and that's why they ordered Vettel to stop. But in the end it seems they simply had the same issue as Hamilton - not enough fuel pumped in the car. The only difference is that in case of McL it was a mistake of the guy who handled the pump, while in case of Vettel it seems like the issue is with the pumping system itself.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 06:20   #1344
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Read that just now. Interesting.
The fact remains that Seb's failing to finish the lap was accepted as Force Majeure by the stewards, but was penalised for not having enough fuel that was extractable.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104001

As you point out, though - the McLaren bit was a person's fault, whereas this was a machine fault combined with a misinterpretation of the data by Renault.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 08:43   #1345
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4nky View Post

I wouldn't call them the same, Vettel was handed the 3rd place on a plate thanks to two safety cars, despite his good pace I sincerely doubt he could have made any better than 8th himself. Also shouldn't that Malaysia line read 'when Vettel tagged an HRT and utterly destroyed his own floor by stamping on the throttle in his usual hissy-fit when it doesn't go his way'.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 15:23   #1346
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Also shouldn't that Malaysia line read 'when Vettel tagged an HRT and utterly destroyed his own floor by stamping on the throttle in his usual hissy-fit when it doesn't go his way'.
You know, I wondered if anyone would pick that up. Yes, it was Princess Stampifoot's fault.
Old 12th Nov 2012, 18:31   #1347
faugusztin

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Haha Kimi
http://www.pitpass.com/47867-Raikkon...ts-the-message
Old 13th Nov 2012, 06:01   #1348
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
I really REALLY want one of those shirts for my upcoming birthday. :P

In other news, HRT is up for sale....
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:22   #1349
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
I need one of those shirts!!
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:43   #1350
faugusztin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kimi-Raikkon...item4609ed01f9

Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:59   #1351
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Sniffpetrol did it better.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:10   #1352
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Sniffpetrol did it better.
I was going to say omgiloveyoucanhasyourkidsplx and then i realised that not only would that likely make someone's signature, but it'd also I found this:
Quote:
NOTE: Unfortunately, we do not deliver to the countries below
[countries] Namibia, [more conoutries]
Then I had a sad... and then I realised that I have a brother in Germany, who's visiting in February... they do ship to Germany...
thus: Thank you.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:32   #1353
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Well if your brother has any problems I'll happily proxy one for you.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:32   #1354
Shirty
Home of the Carnival Cougar

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
I was going to say omgiloveyoucanhasyourkidsplx and then i realised that not only would that likely make someone's signature, but it'd also I found this:

Then I had a sad... and then I realised that I have a brother in Germany, who's visiting in February... they do ship to Germany...
thus: Thank you.
Sig'd. For now.
Shirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 10:49   #1355
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Well if your brother has any problems I'll happily proxy one for you.
Thanks, Krikkit.
Just need to talk to the ministry of all things related to my credit card. My brother shouldn't have any problems with this... If he does, I'll get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Sig'd. For now.
Noted.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 13:15   #1356
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
For Sale - Used F1 Team. Not many miles on the clock, hardly run in. Grab a bargin, low starting price, no reserve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20302796

"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 13:21   #1357
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
For Sale - Used F1 Team. Not many miles on the clock, hardly run in. Grab a bargin, low starting price, no reserve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20302796

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
I really REALLY want one of those shirts for my upcoming birthday. :P

In other news, HRT is up for sale....
As implied before.

I am not convince that we'll see HRT next year.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 14:03   #1358
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anything that gets Narain Karthikeyan off the grid is a good move imo.

That guy has an almost 100% rate of failure/crashing/getting into way. I have more faith in Pedro de la Rosa.
[[Asus Rampage III Formula RoG | Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.2 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 12GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | 2 x MSI 560Ti 1GB Twin Frozer II SLi | Corsair AX750 PSU | 2 x Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 3 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 04:58   #1359
BentAnat
Software Dev

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104198
Reading that, my gut tells me that maybe we should look at next year's Mercedes with some optimism.
They seem to have realised early that their platform wasn't right, and focussed on longer-term gains. That's how I am interpreting it anyway.
Old 14th Nov 2012, 23:53   #1360
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just giving a heads up for some pics up on the official F1 site. Look at the uphill and downhill shots of start/finish straight-turn 1 I knew it was a fairly sizable hill but holy crap that looks mental, the apex is higher than the roof of the damn grandstand and pit buildings!

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race...wednesday.html

Up that hill, totally blind apex, super-late braking thanks to the hill. I expect calamity or awesomeness.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode