bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 13th Nov 2012, 12:34   #1
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anyone know how to refresh folders on a Raspberry Pi.

Hi guys, I use my Raspberry Pi to run XBMC Ė which is AMAZING by the way.

However, sometimes I copy something across to a shared network folder for us to watch on the Pi and the folder hasnít updated with the new files, meaning I have to reboot the Pi. Is there a way to refresh single folders without rebooting?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 12:46   #2
Skyphox
Multimodder

Skyphox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm using Raspbmc on my Pi and agree, it's great!

Are you using DLNA/UPNP or accessing the Windows share folders directly using SMB?

If it's DLNA, then I have noticed this issue and it's down to the actual media server itself to refresh the list.

I use a Buffalo NAS drive and it has an option to manually refresh or to refresh automatically every XX minutes (I set mine to 15mins) in the config webpage.

If you are using a Windows share, then I apologise as I'm not sure of the answer. I'd expect it to do it automatically.

Hope this helps!
Old 14th Nov 2012, 18:09   #3
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyphox View Post
I'm using Raspbmc on my Pi and agree, it's great!

Are you using DLNA/UPNP or accessing the Windows share folders directly using SMB?

If it's DLNA, then I have noticed this issue and it's down to the actual media server itself to refresh the list.

I use a Buffalo NAS drive and it has an option to manually refresh or to refresh automatically every XX minutes (I set mine to 15mins) in the config webpage.

If you are using a Windows share, then I apologise as I'm not sure of the answer. I'd expect it to do it automatically.

Hope this helps!
I was using SMB, but I read a blog post by the XBMC guys who said that SMB has a big CPU overhead associated with it, and to play 1080p content smoothly you are much better off using UPNP.

I'm using a Synology DS211j, but surely its XBMC that needs to refresh the folder rather than the NAS?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 18:24   #4
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.dancingbear84 is definitely a rep cheat.
Is there a media manager that you use. I use plex and plex updates every x hours and scans folder for changes and adds any new media files. This caused me hours of hair pulling out when I could browse to the folder and open the mkv from my PC but not from my TV.
My pi had to be RMA'd today as the SD holder broke.