bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 6th Nov 2012, 14:24   #781
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroome View Post
So, new dlc announced for Skyrim. Dragon Born.

Haven't seen the trailer yet, but it's supposed to be more substancial than Dawn Guard.

Has anyone played Dawn Guard, by the way? Is it worth it?

I'm also guessing that PC users will have to wait until the new year to play this, as it's on the Xbox from December 4th?
Dawnguard is worth the money, imo. It's nice to have a follower who is attractive and has a somewhat humorous(dry humour) personality.

To be 100% honest, I would consider it overpriced if it wasn't for the voice acting. Mods just don't have good VA.
Uni Box:i5 2500K@5GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 240|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz(in blue)|EVGA GTX670SC 4GB+EK FC670|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Denon 5000|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 16:13   #782
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
That's the issue I'm currently having.

When Dragon Born comes out, I'm guessing that it's going to be very much priced to Dawn guards tag. If so, that's going to be nearly 30 for both dlc. You can purchase the main game for that, which lasts hours longer.

I know this sort of pricing system has been around for a while now and it's a case of "get used to it" from developers, but I feel almost dirty having to pay those prices. I have got around it, by waiting for sales etc but Dawn guard has been out for three months now, without a mark down. I'm guessing they'll do it around Christmas, which will probably be too early for Dragon born.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 21:45   #783
Cerberus90
petrolhead

Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
That's the issue I'm currently having.

When Dragon Born comes out, I'm guessing that it's going to be very much priced to Dawn guards tag. If so, that's going to be nearly 30 for both dlc. You can purchase the main game for that, which lasts hours longer.

I know this sort of pricing system has been around for a while now and it's a case of "get used to it" from developers, but I feel almost dirty having to pay those prices. I have got around it, by waiting for sales etc but Dawn guard has been out for three months now, without a mark down. I'm guessing they'll do it around Christmas, which will probably be too early for Dragon born.
But if you look at it like this, it's better.

The more people who buy the DLC at this cost, the better the next Elder Scrolls game should be, and that it's worth putting time into for Bethesda. (In Theory, )

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 15:16   #784
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The method I've always used for DLC packs on games like this is to wait until they release the "GOTY" or special edition version, as it typically contains all of the DLC plus the game for less than the cost of a couple of the DLC packs. Means I end up owning the game twice, but get a good deal on the DLC, though I do end up having to wait a while...
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 15:18   #785
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wait until all the DLCs are out then get them in a Steam sale at 75% off. I don't see the point in paying more for DLC than the original game cost and probably get less content/gameplay time.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:06   #786
Ferino
Supermodder

Ferino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for presidentFerino should be considered for president
Think I will wait for the DLC to go down in the Christmas sale (hopefully) bit steep at the moment.
Ferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:57   #787
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus90 View Post
The more people who buy the DLC at this cost, the better the next Elder Scrolls game should be, and that it's worth putting time into for Bethesda. (In Theory, )
Considering the general downward trend of the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind was the peak), i'd wager Bethesda would be more likely to spend all that DLC money on speedboats and hookers than actually move the franchise forward.
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 18:10   #788
Cerberus90
petrolhead

Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cerberus90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
Considering the general downward trend of the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind was the peak), i'd wager Bethesda would be more likely to spend all that DLC money on speedboats and hookers than actually move the franchise forward.
Elder Scrolls Online looks like it's going to be pretty epic.

Also, Skyrim was the fastest selling game on steam (from what I can tell, still is). So that's got to be a good sign.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 12:37   #789
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
I was actually quite surprised with Skyrim.

I mean, besides the mediocre graphics and the clear favouritism towards console gamers Bethesda didn't do a bad job. Skyrim certainly felt like an elder scrolls game to me.

I'm in agreement that Morrowind has certainly been the peak of the series, but I'm happy to know that the franchise hasn't gone totally teenage fan boy.

I'm not totally convinced about an online version of the series, but that's down to personal taste. For me, playing an elder scrolls game is about that solitude to begin with. The world seems so large and you seem so small.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 14:33   #790
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Have to agree with Scroome: An online version, though an awesome idea, will inevitably be dragged down by A**hole 14y/o kids screaming for help/gold/swearing at random people/noobs/trolls/etc. Then there's the goldfarmers, the spamers, phishing site adverts.....

Also being a MMO will mean that our ability to mod the game will be severely limited - so no more quick fixes to quests and the like from the community. Have to wait for Bethesda to patch that!

ya, thanks Bethesda, but im fine where I am now
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 14:57   #791
Scroome
I don't do red...

Ugh, I can picture it now.

Some jumped up 14 y.o with a maxed out player going around and wiping noobs out for the sheer fun of it. I supposed that the flip side of that, is that hopefully enough decent players with an actual moral compass will gang up on idiots like that.

We'll see.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 15:17   #792
Shirty
Home of the Carnival Cougar

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
I won't play the online version, I'll just wait for TES 6.
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 06:21   #793
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
...hopefully enough decent players with an actual moral compass will gang up on idiots like that.
Who are then reported by said 14y/o for "ganking" him

Only if the Majority of players (like 3/4 at least) are mature, and have that moral compass will want to paly that game.

I know there are a ton of people like that that play MMOs. Problem is that we are generally outnumbered by the rage trolls.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 12:19   #794
Tangster

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Revamped my ENB setting last night. Got some beautiful screenshots.

Uni Box:i5 2500K@5GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 240|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz(in blue)|EVGA GTX670SC 4GB+EK FC670|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Denon 5000|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:37   #795
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Would you share your presets with us?
Old 29th Jan 2013, 18:25   #796
N17 dizzi
Packet of mints and a Phillips head

N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.N17 dizzi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork View Post
Would you share your presets with us?
This!

What's the cheapest way of getting the main game and Dawnguard currently?
Main: Silverstone PS07B | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.7 1.3v | Arctic Freezer i30 | Geforce GTX 780 Ti 3GB | Asus Maximus V Gene | Patriot Viper 8GB 2133Mhz | Crucial M4 256GB | Corsair AX860 | Dell U2412M | Qpad 3202 | Corsair M60 |
N17 dizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 13:06   #797
Draksis
Code Monkey

Anyone played Dragonborn DLC yet? Heard it's bigger than Dawnguard, with new skills, armor, weapons, the lot.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 14:49   #798
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
I have not had a chance to get on it yet but I've had a quick nosey through the wiki, 2 new weapon sets, 4 armour sets (plus plenty of unique items of both) and 2 new areas. The island of Solstheim looks to be pretty big and if it is anything like it was in Bloodmoon, there should be plenty of exploring to do.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 16:06   #799
adzc1987
Supermodder

adzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I finally took the plunge and got skyrim! I remembered i read an article on here about some good mods so i made a workshop pack for people.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=125424091

article is here

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2012/...rfect-skyrim/1

Hope its some use

Drop me a PM if you buy an account and I can share the reward with you
adzc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 16:45   #800
Tangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post
Anyone played Dragonborn DLC yet? Heard it's bigger than Dawnguard, with new skills, armor, weapons, the lot.
Started, but I've mostly been trying to recover my ENB setting that I stupidly deleted. All I've managed is to be attacked by the cultists.

Too much bokeh and the blur is messing up in actual gameplay...erk.

Should've gone to Specsavers?

This one is nice

If anyone wants a play, I can upload my current ENB settings in a zip.
BT Feedback