bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 12th Nov 2012, 12:56   #1
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
How do I become a electrician?

Anyone know? I've been out the school/college scene for about 6 years now and even then i didn't get very good grades.

Would i have to go reset my test? i don't have a clue :/ I'm 21.

I've been reading up on information on the internet and can't find whats required and what steps to take its all mumbled up.

Last edited by Evolutionsic; 12th Nov 2012 at 13:01.
Evolutionsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 13:09   #2
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
You would have to go to college most likely your looking for a college aprenticeship

The way that works is you get paid penuts ( its about 80 a week at last check for full time hours )

You work 4 days on the job training as they call it
1 day a week you attend college

This phase lasts for 3 years after that you should get took on by the person who your aprenticeship is with. Who will then send you for more training as and when you require it.

Most of these aprenticeships require a minimum of 5 A-C gcses or above.

Your best start point is to the phone the nearest college and speak to them direct you will most likely have to go in for a chat.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 13:14   #3
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Go to your nearest careers advice centre, they will give you the details of your nearest apprenticeship training facility who you then apply to. Companies looking for apprentices then contact said facility and they put you in touch.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 14:21   #4
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionsic View Post
Anyone know? I've been out the school/college scene for about 6 years now and even then i didn't get very good grades.

Would i have to go reset my test? i don't have a clue :/ I'm 21.

I've been reading up on information on the internet and can't find whats required and what steps to take its all mumbled up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
You would have to go to college most likely your looking for a college aprenticeship

The way that works is you get paid penuts ( its about 80 a week at last check for full time hours )

You work 4 days on the job training as they call it
1 day a week you attend college

This phase lasts for 3 years after that you should get took on by the person who your aprenticeship is with. Who will then send you for more training as and when you require it.

Most of these aprenticeships require a minimum of 5 A-C gcses or above.

Your best start point is to the phone the nearest college and speak to them direct you will most likely have to go in for a chat.
That's brilliant thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Go to your nearest careers advice centre, they will give you the details of your nearest apprenticeship training facility who you then apply to. Companies looking for apprentices then contact said facility and they put you in touch.
I'll be off now to the careers office thanks allot
Old 12th Nov 2012, 15:18   #5
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Or, if you fancy being featured on Rogue Traders at some point in the future, just buy "Electrical Repairs for Dummies" and spend 30 on some dodgy business cards and an ad in the local paper. Then undercut the prices charged by every other electrician by 75%.

The only drawback is that you might die from electrical burns before you get on TV. But the infamy will be worth it, of that there can be no doubt
Old 12th Nov 2012, 15:46   #6
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
I would recommend trying to get into a more industrial line of work rather than domestic or construction since the arse has fallen out of that industry.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 17:39   #7
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Or, if you fancy being featured on Rogue Traders at some point in the future, just buy "Electrical Repairs for Dummies" and spend 30 on some dodgy business cards and an ad in the local paper. Then undercut the prices charged by every other electrician by 75%.

The only drawback is that you might die from electrical burns before you get on TV. But the infamy will be worth it, of that there can be no doubt
I think the Homeserve Electricians subscribe to your method ..
Old 12th Nov 2012, 23:59   #8
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarte View Post
I think the Homeserve Electricians contractors subscribe to your method ..
FTFY.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 00:10   #9
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Stick your finger in a plug and hope for the best...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 02:43   #10
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
if you left school at 15, won't you have some catching up to do or something ?
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:24   #11
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:

You forgot the most important part: obtain forged Part P certification documents so everyone thinks his work is legit
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 10:00   #12
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You have unearthed my ignorance
Old 13th Nov 2012, 11:07   #13
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Shirty, shame on you for that pun! It was absolutely shocking!
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC

Last edited by Carrie; 13th Nov 2012 at 11:35.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 12:51   #14
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I have a friend who in the last 6 months got his full domestic certification. He did a remote-learning course with some college based Bournemouth way. He had to do three one-week long residential courses doing practical installations and some class work but other than that he just studied hard at home.

He now works as a PAT tester and is making a good living on it - although it did take him nearly a year from getting his Part P until he got a job despite many applications and in this time he did the work to get the full domestic and nearly went independent.

Like most markets its a tough job market, but he's always very busy so once you get the job you seem to have a pretty secure future in it.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 14:12   #15
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Shirty, shame on you for that pun! It was absolutely shocking!
Just a spark of inspiration, I was amped when I though of it. Will this thread hijack meet much resistance? Currently not.

Volt.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 14:30   #16
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
I did an electrical apprenticeship but luckily didn't end up being one!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 15:48   #17
Scroome
Hypermodder

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Just a spark of inspiration, I was amped when I though of it. Will this thread hijack meet much resistance? Currently not.

Volt.
See. I told you, you were getting old!

You're now making...........dad jokes.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 16:02   #18
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Guilty as charged.

I'll stop now.

View Mode