bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Nov 2012, 11:38   #21
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
I am pretty pleased with how its turned out although I must admit the huge black cabinet does look a bit out of place in a light coloured room! I will be painting the side of the big base unit the same colour black and I will change the crappy tiles on top to something better suited then I will be re-painting the whole back wall again as well as its a bit of a mess now, so yeah please ignore the colour mish-mash for now!

Everything is running sweet and funnily enough it seems to run quieter than it used to in the metal 12u rack, think I am going to soundproof the servers a bit more internally and I need to add the front dust filter into the NAS box (when I find it!) and clean the dust filter on my VMware host!

Heres the pics I took last night although they are not final as I just wanted to see how everything fitted, also there are internal pictures of the NAS and my VMware ESXi 5.1 box.

There will be a few small changes and improvements being made and I still need to screw in the servers properly but ran out of cage nuts plus I need to install a twin port KVM
I removed the base from the Virgin SuperCrap, oops I mean 'SuperHub' so I could fit it in and I think it looks OK although the plugs come out the top so cant use the top 1U space

Anyway feel free to make any comments good or bad as im always open to a bit of constructive criticism

** Oh top pic was after it had a second coat hence the lines, its not streaky now dry! **

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 15:59   #22
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very neat and tidy, I like it
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 20:29   #23
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
very nice box.
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 20:02   #24
BennieboyUK
CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.
Really like, how is the cooling holding up? is the exhaust at the back good enough to dump the heat? Wonder if in the peak of the summer you'll run into heat issues? Maybe look at some form of extraction fan - even if it's just used on those hotter days?
i7 980x @ 4.4Ghz|12GB Dominator GT 2133mhz|Rampage III|4gb GTX 680 Classified's SLI|830 256GB|Antec 1200w|PF1000|R3|U2711 Hyper-V 2012: Dell 1900 | Dual Xeon E5320 | 32GB DDR2 ECC | LSI @ Raid5 5.452tb WHS: 8gb HP N40L 10tb x8 WD 2tb RED's Raid 6+1 on SRCSASBB8I with BBU
BennieboyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 22:26   #25
coolamasta

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks very much guys, I know its nothing like the greatness of most of the projects happening here on BT but if it helps anyone else out its all worth it

Ben - cooling is working really well actually, the Red HDD's are all sat around 26-27 degrees, CPU in the NAS and the VMware host hover between 28-43 degrees, motherboards are around 50 degrees, if you put your hand over the rear vent you can feel slightly warm air coming out so for now im happy temps are good, the house is pretty warm as the Mrs has cranked the heating up so hopefully is will be all good in the summer P.S. you sent that cash yet mate

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
Old 16th Nov 2012, 22:29   #26
coolamasta

Few new pics from tonight, now added a 2-port Belkin USB/VGA KVM so I can get on the server console's if there are problems, now have cage nuts for the servers and sorted out the filters so all looking a bit better, the Microserver for baking up is now living else ware hidden away

Old 16th Nov 2012, 22:49   #27
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very nice!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2012, 19:21   #28
BennieboyUK
CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
P.S. you sent that cash yet mate
Bollox! I will send it over this weekend! I am sure I said that last weekend didnt I!?

I am pleased that the temps are good, the RED's are great drives (so far) you should be really pleased with them. I have 6 of the 2tb's with your old raid card (Raid 5+1) and they perform really well. Maybe I should have got the 3tb's - dunno why I didn't to be honest!

B
i7 980x @ 4.4Ghz|12GB Dominator GT 2133mhz|Rampage III|4gb GTX 680 Classified's SLI|830 256GB|Antec 1200w|PF1000|R3|U2711 Hyper-V 2012: Dell 1900 | Dual Xeon E5320 | 32GB DDR2 ECC | LSI @ Raid5 5.452tb WHS: 8gb HP N40L 10tb x8 WD 2tb RED's Raid 6+1 on SRCSASBB8I with BBU
BennieboyUK is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode