bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 30th Oct 2012, 18:02   #1
ferret141
Hypermodder

ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.
Is there anyone making an order at Farnell?

I need these: http://uk.farnell.com/murata/lqh43cn...-10/dp/1515476, 2 of them maximum 4.

I know it's a big ask but I was hoping someone was ordering from Farnell and wouldn't mind ordering themwith their stuff and posting them to me.
ferret141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 01:41   #2
identikit
Ultramodder

identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If you can't find anyone with a Farnell acc, I think other stores like Conrad will have them, bit more expensive tho. Good luck!
Lemonade Magazine | Folding @ Home | CPC & Bit-tech folding stats (team #35947)
identikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 12:44   #3
ferret141
Hypermodder

ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.ferret141 is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks for the suggestion identikit. Conrad's serach system isn't too great so it looks like it will take me a while to find what I'm looking for.

EDIT: They have something with the right characteristics but in a different size to what I need.

It's looking like I will have to suck it up and buy 10 at 5.28 from RS

Last edited by ferret141; 11th Nov 2012 at 12:52.
Old 11th Nov 2012, 12:48   #4
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
http://www.conrad-uk.com/ce/en/produ...LQH43CN680K03L ?

Google is your friend.
Old 11th Nov 2012, 21:46   #5
jamsand
Hypermodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
I have an RS store near mu uni i'll check on tuesday for you if you like???
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 22:27   #6
ferret141
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
What were your search terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
I have an RS store near mu uni i'll check on tuesday for you if you like???
Thank you very much for your kind offer but I have one near me too and they offer free delivery in the first place.

Here's why I need them:

I had a spare DG834N lying around the house and my mate wanted to get more out of his line and his ageing Speedtouch wasn't up to the job so I lent the Netgear router to him.
He managed to get an even better sync at really low SNR on his line using the Netgear but it was overheating. He had a couple of spare chipset and AGP heatsinks lying around so I gave him the go ahead to stick them on. Long story short the heatsinks were sitting loose before being glued and at some point the router was moved and a heatsink took out one of the inductors. He's paying for the components to fix it but so far the repair is looking uneconomical since the router barely costs 15 on eBay.
It's part of the ADSL balancing circuit so I only need two. Four at most.

Prices so far:
  • eBay: [~2 ea]
  • RS: 5.28 for 10 [0.44 ea](no smaller quantities, thus total cost gets ramped up)
  • Conrad: 6.73 for 2 inc shipping [0.39 ea] - This was promising since their office is close to me but components come from Germany so shipping must be paid or so they said on the phone
  • Farnell: 32p for the two I need [0.16 ea] - But there's a 20 minimum spend for non-account customers hence I was hoping someone had an account with them or was making an order.

You can see why the repair is looking uneconomical.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 22:50   #7
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret141 View Post
What were your search terms?
https://www.google.sk/search?q=conra...LQH43CN680K03L
Old 17th Dec 2012, 18:27   #8
WALKYRIE
Minimodder

WALKYRIE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I already ordered in the Farnell online shop two times in the past Months, and both orders were between 20 and 30 pounds (not much), I was surprised when I realised the shipping cost of both orders was for free, I still don't understood why was for free
WALKYRIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 20:32   #9
ferret141
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALKYRIE View Post
I already ordered in the Farnell online shop two times in the past Months, and both orders were between 20 and 30 pounds (not much), I was surprised when I realised the shipping cost of both orders was for free, I still don't understood why was for free
Farnell does free shipping. Only problem is you have to spend a minimum of 20.

I had nothing else to buy from there and 32p is very far from 20.
So I was looking for someone who was making an order large enough who didn't mind ordering the two components and then posting them to me.

I could have tried getting the components elsewhere but it would cost me over 4. Which is like half the value of the router I'm trying to fix. Which would mean fixing it is not really worth it.
Intel i5 2500K | Thermaltake Frio | 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP | ASUS P8P67 Pro | EVGA GTX680 2GB SC Signature 2 | Silverstone ST85F (850W) | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | 1.5TB Samsung F3 | 2TB WD Caviar Black | SONY-NEC BD-5300S BD-RE | Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution (RV02E-BW USB3.0) | ASUS VG278H 3Dv2 | Win7 Ult. 64bit | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum Champion Series | Speakers:Logitech G51 | Headset:Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro + ModMic 3.0 | Keyboard:Logitech G15 | Mouse:Logitech G9x
Plusnet | Loadout

View Mode