bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 3rd Nov 2012, 22:36   #1
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Canon lens (replacement part?)

Just been given a lens for free, its a standard canon 28-90mm, not the greatest but FREE, however the rear mount is slightly broken and I was wondering if anybody knows somewhere where I can buy the replacement part for it.

There are 3 bits of plastic which click in when you rotate the lens onto the body, however two are broken...

Any advice welcome guys !

^+1
Energy saving light bulb agrees with the incandescent bulb.

Last edited by modd1uk; 3rd Nov 2012 at 22:47.
modd1uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:15   #2
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I think the only way you are going to be able to repair the lens is luck.

If I'm not wrong, the lens needs a whole new lens mount, which can be really hard to find. Ebay, directly from Canon or some shop that sells camera spare parts. Also scout Ebay for a similar broken lens which has a good mount on it.

After that I'm out of ideas, but make also sure that it is worth it to fix in the first place. I know it's free, but you'll have to spend at least some money to get it fixed.

Darkened

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:20   #3
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Actually...

Clicky here...

Again, I'm not sure if it's worth it, because mint lenses go around 50, but you be the judge of that...

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:21   #4
Darkened
Hypermodder

Damn double trouble post, can be removed...

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+

Last edited by Darkened; 4th Nov 2012 at 00:26.
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:26   #5
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.modd1uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah I found that one, I think what i will do is just use it until it breaks completely then replace it with a better lens. At least that way it hasnt cost me a penny and I have got to play with a new (to me) lens for a bit
^+1
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:27   #6
Darkened
Hypermodder

Sounds like a plan, but also you could go around your local shops and see if they happen to have a spare mount for it from the "olden days". Or if they have a broken lens with a decent mount they could part with.

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 4th Nov 2012, 13:52   #7
Prime
Multimodder

Prime has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrime has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrime has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Contact Canon and see if they can repair it?

You can certainly get replacement mounts for Nikons, the online parts store having atleast a few. Can't see why Canon wouldn't offer similar options
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 15:55   #8
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

Found one, 12.99 + postage so bought it, easy as pie to change its just 4 screws and two tiny screws. I know its not the best lens in the world but its only cost me about 15 after repairing it.
^+1
Old 5th Nov 2012, 16:43   #9
TheBlackSwordsMan
Moto: Never Justify A Fake Mustache

TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.
I know i'm a noob ( at photography, don't get me wrong punks ! Loll) but from what I saw it seems there is a lot of bargain on the broken/repairable parts market for who he know how to repair them.

Last edited by TheBlackSwordsMan; 5th Nov 2012 at 16:51.
TheBlackSwordsMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 15:41   #10
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

New part on, its like brand new now ! Bobby Dazler.
^+1
Old 13th Nov 2012, 17:37   #11
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Nice little fix that! Out of interest where did you get the replacement part?
Old 13th Nov 2012, 19:11   #12
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Nice little fix that! Out of interest where did you get the replacement part?
I used this company...ordered it last monday and it arrived today, would use again if I wasn't in a rush.

Not had chance to try the lens out yet but I shall be doing shortly, won't be the greatest but its only cost me about 12 all in
^+1
Old 13th Nov 2012, 21:34   #13
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
Link to 'this company'?

Old 13th Nov 2012, 21:51   #14
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideNeil View Post
Link to 'this company'?

Sorry buddy my heads not with it today, lost my house keys and going mad trying to find them, tore the house upside down and still cant find them.

http://www.cameraspareparts.co.uk/le...ens-5182-p.asp
^+1
Old 14th Nov 2012, 08:17   #15
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice fix well done
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote