bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Nov 2012, 18:51   #41
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Never thought domesday would look so nice.
Excellent stuff quizz.
Thank you Waynio!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
Don't ask why, but it reminds me of Discworld, from Terry Pratchett! LoL
Great job!

I think that you would have to low your camera's ISO/gain! It will improve that grey grain!
Discworld?? I donīt know why, but Iīll just take that as a compliment. About the pictures, I have a really old compact camera and itīs full of sh*t... The grain comes from bad resolution and a lot of sharpening in PS. But I actually like to keep the WIP-photos bad... The final shots will make a really good impression that way

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 18:59   #42
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Small update:

Glued the I/O panels in the bottom and used a filler for the gaps.

Milled a hole in the plateau for I/O cables

Two 16mm holes for the hoses...

And this is for hiding those ugly chromy I/O sockets on the mb. Some pieces of 7mm walnut.

Cut and glued them together in an angle.

Sanded another angle from the back, and added a fitting backpiece.

This is how itīll look like. I like it!

From behind.

Laterz!

Old 12th Nov 2012, 19:07   #43
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like it as well

I'm following this one with great interest...
Old 13th Nov 2012, 03:39   #44
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Nice

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 19:25   #45
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkos View Post
I like it as well

I'm following this one with great interest...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
Nice
Thanks a lot!

Old 14th Nov 2012, 19:33   #46
quizz_kid
Squid

Iīve come up with some designs for the foot, but I canīt really decide. Any thoughts?

Alt 1. The classic one... Youīve seen it on previous builds. But I like it, itīs plain and elegant.

Alt. 2 The reaching one. A bit more "up" to it I guess

Alt 3. The organic one... I donīt know about this one, but itīs something new.

Alt 4. The six legged one... Looks like a squid somehow, but I kinda like it anyway.

Hereīs an animation I made for you guys, just for the fun of it

Old 14th Nov 2012, 22:05   #47
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Alt 4 I think quizz, the others are nice but 4 looks good to me.

Animation made me lol, can picture the giddy rig scuffling around a room LMAO, needs a techno beat & flashing lights.

Oh yeah, the IO cover looks awesome BTW.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 22:10   #48
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the dancing computer option.

I would vote that you do Alt3, but with six legs. Definitely six legs is the way to go.
You do great work!
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 09:55   #49
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I kinda like Alt2 - but maybe with 6 legs? kinda agree with the others: six legs seems to work better than4.
Old 15th Nov 2012, 15:39   #50
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Alt 3 - with 5 or 6 legs. I think the curvy shape of the feet would look good with the dome on top.
But 4 legs is just wrong, just like 4 spokes on a rim for a car!
Beautifull work man!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 15:50   #51
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
I agree on alt3 as Angle says, because the curved legs go with the curved dome.

Great work.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 17:31   #52
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Im with Wayne on this one. alt 4!

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 17:56   #53
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Alt5... do it!

My vote would be Alt4, if Alt5 isn't attainable (the animation )
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:32   #54
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Alt 4 gets my vote.
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:38   #55
quizz_kid
Squid

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciated!!

Ok, so itīs alt.5 then, the dancing fidgety rig

Seriously, Iīll go for six legs then. Personally, Iīd go for alt 4, but thatīs me thinking safe I guess. The curved one would look more interesting in a way, but itīs almost too much, especially with six legs I think. Very squiddy-like. Alt 4 WILL look more stable and clean, and it kinda resembles the roots of a tree. Hmm... Got some more thinking to do. Thanks again mates!!

Old 16th Nov 2012, 12:43   #56
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.
Great wood working skills, I'm looking forward to seeing more keep up the good work and I think Alt 3 is nice.

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:07   #57
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
Great wood working skills, I'm looking forward to seeing more keep up the good work and I think Alt 3 is nice.
Thank you friend!

I finally decided to go with alt 4. I like the simplicity and steadiness. This is how I made the foot:

Made a six sided rod out of birch on the table router. Had to be accurate, and this was acctually a bit hard to make.

Took a piece of walnut

Sanded it

Split it in three

Then just cut the three into six. I also turned a bit of the rod on top for mounting it later. Then I cut it to the lenght of 130mm.

Walnut is very light weighted, so I made some small metal rods for extra weight.

Put them in there.

When I tested the construction, the pegs where too long and created a gap between rod and feet. But I liked the expression of it very much, so now Iīm thinking about using it. Iīm thinking about using 6mm copper rods instead of regular pegs. What do you guys think?

From under

From above

Close up

Some paint work done aswell.

From birch...

.. to black!

Also painted the inner construction

Took what I could find and used orange as primer

Then two layers of "ancient white"

Close up.

Laterzzz / Quizz

Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:24   #58
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice progress! i think copper would look awesome!

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 15:51   #59
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Nice work! The pegs don't look bad, but I think I would use regular dowel instead of the fluted ones, but that's just me. I won't lie, though, I was hoping to see some sliding dovetails ;-)

When you say you sanded the walnut, did you actually sand it to that shape? No band saw to remove most of it? That must have taken some time...
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 19:31   #60
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
nice progress! i think copper would look awesome!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Nice work! The pegs don't look bad, but I think I would use regular dowel instead of the fluted ones, but that's just me. I won't lie, though, I was hoping to see some sliding dovetails ;-)

When you say you sanded the walnut, did you actually sand it to that shape? No band saw to remove most of it? That must have taken some time...
Youīre right, sliding dovetails wouldīve been ideal for this foot. Would look great from under also... if you were ever to look there But the dowels made me noticed that gap effect, so Iīm glad I did it. Btw, as I wrote above, Iīm not going to use those wooden dowels, but copper ones. Itīll look nice I think. And yeah, I put it in a bandsaw before sanding. Iīm just lazzzzy when typing... You my friend, are very observant =)

View Mode