bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 12th Sep 2012, 00:57   #1
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Lostconfession has yet to learn the way of the DremelLostconfession has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Decepticon: ShockWave theme build (AMD Scorpius platform unlocked)

So, Its not so much my first mod but its my first true feeling upgrade mod.

I've had to buy a whole new setup since my old system was over 6years old. Not saying it was useless. core2quad are still viable processor, I felt it was time I drove away from Intel and got something a little more power pack.

My spec:

Motherboard: Gigabyte - 990-FXA-UD3
Processor: AMD AM3+ FX 8150
After market heatsink: ETS-T40 Enermax
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 8Gb
Gfx: Radeon HD 6850 HIS(Iceq)
PSU: 585WATT
Case: Thermaltake VN300M1W2N (Full tower) Pro gamer

So I was able to unlock scorpius with the 990Nb and the Radeon which is awesome with a 8core AMD processor. I was able to do a quick overclock to 4.2Ghz in a second. System runs like one bad out of hell. I plan now to mod the case fully one step at a time since I do not earn much.

This is what my system looks like so far

I know it looks like a mess, And the photo is unfocused I apologize my digital camera is busted and I ended up using my Samsung phone with 5 Megapixel no flash.

I of course bought some CCFL from good old eBay. $7 us for a set of 12inch.

I plan on buying more lights later on for the moment I want to improve on some things necessary

I bought this 585Watt PSU off of my friend years back before he moved to china for work.

I didn't know till later on that he worked on extending the line for his full ATX to reach his motherboard. About 4Month ago I've started to notice that my desktop would at random shut off. Like a power spike was shorting out the PSU. Few time the system would not turn on till I removed the tower cover and nudge the line. Recently it is starting to happen more and more often with the new setup.

As I ran my hand over the line I nudge one over extended purple line, this would trigger the system to turn on and off. So I am now fully determined to Re work the cable.

I have around 200feet of 18AWG black line which I will use to replace the badly spliced lines on the PSU

I went ahead and order this on eBay for hmm around $4US

I plan on getting 25feet of this on eBay also for around $8US

And 20feet of this on Amazon for around $4US

All 3 things will arrive somewhere around sept. 14th to sept. 17th In which i will be working on the PSU and taking photo with a new digital camera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

By next year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Preambles watercooling for the Processor till I can learn how to make my own watercooling system

I do plan on learning how to make a good watercooling system.

And I will buy another so i can crossfire for better gaming improvements

I am also going into the market for

Purple

and

blue

Since this paint are transparent you can go a little crazy so It is recommended to shine a blacklight often to see how strong you want the color to stand out. I plan on painting the North bridge and the Southern bridge on the mother board and all connectors. I like both color, it is a commonly used color on mods sometimes they are too dull or to overused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Some time between now and next year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Their is two part on my case that I would like to paint or change since the case is black and baby Blue. The top of the case is two thin babyblue line, from what it appears their snap in. On the feet is a gem shape Baby blue acrylic which also snaps it.

I want to swap them Or paint them With purple maybe blend in blue to give a nice blend color effect go something different. I will also paint the front cool snap in bay drive cover to match the paint scheme.

I was thinking of getting a 12 x 12 sheet of UV reactive acrylic about 1/4inch thick (6.35Mm)

I want to drop some UV light behind this so it glows nicely, giving it a nice look

I want to add to the side panel a scropius icon as well as pain the case break up the complete black of the entire case. I want to drop in some Purple color as well as blue since that is what I plan on going for in the theme

That in total will sum up what I would like to do so far as planning.

For the moment being I will go ahead and buy the parts to work on what truly is necessary. The PSU rewiring with sleeving.

I don't really plan on in small detail what I want to do. I prefer to let my plan come out naturally evolving as I progress with things. And let ideas flow as things comes to me.

But I would love some idea and any feedback if anyone interested. I have never fully planned out mod like this before.

If people want to see what i would like to go for then I can draw it out now that i have this down time.

As for with the PSU i tie wrap the wire to hold it in place. Till i can get the parts

Last edited by Lostconfession; 7th Jan 2013 at 21:39. Reason: Update name
Lostconfession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2012, 03:23   #2
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Lostconfession has yet to learn the way of the DremelLostconfession has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So a friend of mine said I should do proper planning. It is important to have paint scheme planned properly before work on anything because if something should happen or you don't like what it looks like after painting you can not go back and repaint it some other way.

So here is a few simple plans

This is the full black gigabyte AMD 990fx board after the painting plan

On the motherboard above I went with the color scheme I wanted to go with. I scattered and set the color about equal to each other. The RAM holder I think I'm better off either going with one solid color or no color at all (Keep in mind the UV paint are transparent Unless under a black light)

As I said the foot gem and the top of the case I wanted to break up the baby blue color and want to get either a sheet of solid or transparent purple to work with the color. I want to do the same with the foot Maybe dropping some UV light under to show off the cool stand feet.

Looking at the mesh on the bay drive, top and front face I might get color shift and paint them. The one I have now is blue, purple and green shift. If I knew how to work with photo shop I would show you how the color shift might look on mesh.

As for the inside... I don't know yet.... I want to break up those black scheme with purple. But I like the way the blue parts look against mat black... Still planning on doing something on the inside

Hmm...
Maybe cover some of the mat black part of each easy release with purple carbonfiber vinyl or I can cover the bay drive or the HDD tray release front in carbonfiber.

I found this on eBay while looking for purple carbonfiber vinyl.

Chameleon: blue, purple, red

Or

Plan purple texture carbonfiber vinyl.

The outside panel I wanted to highlight some area I like.

I want to paint the black gem on the headphone holder purple, Get some blue paint and boarder the raise and purple the center indent to show it off more.

To me I don't think I might do the whole boarder and paint but I do like the purple gem

The logo area I might not do, instead mask and paint out the name of the case on a transparent film and stick it on the window. Would be fun to do paint with the UV paint. Since it is transparent it will glow nicely under a black light haha.

Of course all the highlight paint scheme was doing on MSpaint. I dont know any other paint software and i am very terrible at using photo shop -.- i had the program for 3years and not even learned how to use anything proper on it. Seriously rubish when it comes to adobe products.. Ohwell

Old 23rd Sep 2012, 16:07   #3
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Great case to start with I love Thermaltake cases they are either smooth and minimalist or all angles and crazy shapes like yours

The best "free" photo editing and painting software is the brilliant "Gimp" (GNU Image Manipulation Program) it's open source software and there are loads of tutorial vids on utube.
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 04:01   #4
Lostconfession
Multimodder

delete message

Last edited by Lostconfession; 1st Oct 2012 at 17:50. Reason: delete message
Old 1st Oct 2012, 05:05   #5
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Well a lot has arrived in the mail about a week back

I've been prepping for the work ahead, I bought 7feet of 1/8heatshrink and 65feet of black, UV purple and UV blue

Here the sleeve were cut 2feet x 24line with ATX color coded set and ready

Well the mod work went semi well that is till the end when I was prepping for pinning the PSU wire. Things got a little "off" and I ended up scrapping the project. Basically what happen is I ended using hook line which has a denser line (32wire bundle per line) and ended up breaking the board and pin and connector :/ Basically leaving me in step 0 (none).

I went ahead and decide to buy a new PSU for my system. Since the one I was working one is now consider dead I went and did some shopping. I thought about the brand and its wise to buy like brand, since my case is a thermaltake I went with a thermaltake PSU what luck 750Watt for $60 US

Well now that I have my new PSU I want to wait for awhile before I can I guess start over
from step 4 of 5 and actually sleeve the line individually before reconnecting the ATX header back on. But ofcourse I need to wait awhile again because I had to back order another 6feet of 1/8heatshrink tube and buy a pin extractor tool since ive been using very old steel extractor plates which has been working great but are very hard to work with sometimes.

With what extra sleeve I had left over, other size and color heatshrink I decide to sleeve my gamer mouse by ZALMAN model: ZM-M300. To be honest the sleeve is nice but the heatshrink is not going to cut it for myself. So I have decide to order 1foot of 3/16 heatshrink in back.

While I was catching a break and enjoying my weekend I caught a spying eye from a lizard friend.

I guess fall is quickly approaching down here in the southern tip of Florida. Yes while all over people are already mid in fall down here were still experiencing summer with like 98 degree temperature and high humidity.
Old 1st Oct 2012, 05:11   #6
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAli View Post
Great case to start with I love Thermaltake cases they are either smooth and minimalist or all angles and crazy shapes like yours

The best "free" photo editing and painting software is the brilliant "Gimp" (GNU Image Manipulation Program) it's open source software and there are loads of tutorial vids on utube.
Thank you I do love the case alot it is very spacy and the crazy shape actually grows on you very quickly. Ahh gimp my girlfriend uses that program I should have remembered about it. Thank you very much on the URL link I will have to learn to use GIMP since im new to using the program I hope its very simple.
Old 7th Oct 2012, 07:51   #7
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I have returned,

I finally got a fresh restock of heat shrinking tube on wednesday the 3rd of October.

Since then I have been prepping myself for sleeving.

I went into my old tool collection and found a mini bag full of this old pin extractor my father has used when he was younger and technology was very tube and wires.

Of course those pin extractor was some millimeter short and a bit to thick to use.
So out comes the grinding wheel and my dremel tool along with some hobbyist filling tools to thin out the points.

After couple of minute grinding and filling and such the end result looks fitting

A test fit on some pin and it was pretty easy to extract this lines now. Of course pliers were necessary to extract the line from the container.

After couple of hour working on the sleeving Keep in mind I am a beginner on sleeving.

Finally after 8hour with distraction from friends, family and netflix horrible French zombie movie's. I even had some extra sleeving and was able to work on my 6pin PCI-e

Finally the reinstall and a test run.

Close-up and yes again sorry my Samsung phone does no justice on the purple sleeving. Barely noticeable.

I of course will continue my mod and I will throw in better shot once I do get a working digital camera.

Well A bit of an update.

I order a set of 6inch UV ccfl the order came today and I went ahead and heatshrink the end after applying some good cylicone sealent. This is to keep the CCFL from having a vacume leak and burning out early

After installing the light And trying to find space for the new additional inverter

My full case with UV light on

Top view of my case internal

Lower view of my case internal

In the new discovery I have again managed to lose another HDD. This time the logic board is broken :/ With this new outlook I plan on buying OCZ SDD drive for my desktop and maintaining all data on my 1ter and 1 1/2 ter. HDD. Sad to have to lose over 250Gb of information

Last edited by Lostconfession; 11th Oct 2012 at 05:40. Reason: updates
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 21:11   #8
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I have returned momentarily. I have not forgotten about my mod. I've been working very hard to earn for some advancement.

I plan before Christmas to buy myself a water cooling kit. What I do not know is what brand of pre-assembled water cooling unit i should get.

I am right now in between the two name brand

I can either go with Corsair -> Great review for the H80 and for the H100 few low mark on issue with the main pump and loud fan (fan can always be replaced)

Or

I can go with case brand thermaltake -> Great review on the thicker radiator block and silent fan with great push/pull configuration but low mark for having plastic mounting brackets (one who posted a you tube on how he managed to strip the mounting bracket on his first break down to replace the thermal pad with his own thermal grease.)

As always I like to take in friends comment about either brand in consideration.

I went ahead and got myself more carbon fiber vinyl since i am on my last scrap yard

Today has been a bit cooler but still warmer then the rest of the country. I decided to work on my shell paint scheme.

I manage to find two spare bay cover for my case.

Keeping with the color scheme of purple, blue and black

I went ahead and painted the mini hex grill mesh off one of my bay cover as a test

What I used was durpli-color chrome and krylon x-metal chromium purple

The outcome came out near to the UV purple wire sleeve as i wanted to. It is a very metallic plum purple.

I of course will look for is some sky blue spray paint to match the UV blue wire sleeve. And work along some of the blue plastic with that color and crystal clear enamel to keep the color from chipping off.

This is all I have so far, It has been a very rocky October for me.

I was not able to trick or treat due to some small factor. One main one is late shipping from china on my mask. I of course do not blame them since sandy has blasted through and made one heck of a mess along the east coast of the State's.

I did how ever received my mask on the 1st of November.

I am a huge fan of cyberpunk

I managed to also find my replica 1950 motorcycle goggle which works out nicely with the mask.

Well that is all I have so far, I will be updating once I received my parts and more idea.

Well I went ahead and order a couple cool new things.

First thing is a necessary tool for me.

Second is this cool UV paint in 15ml canister. I know that is not much but being I will only be painting certain part's on my mobo I do no require more then this. If i do require more ill order another set canister.

I also order another 25 feet of black wire sleeve in 1/8th size.

Continuing with the paint scheme I managed to find the proper paint at a local hardware store.

here you can see the main difference in color tone.

The new color is very close to the UV blue wire sleeve as it can be I am very happy with that

In one of the main background you can see I finally got my new carbon fiber vinyl. It has arrived postal service on saturday November 3rd 2012.

Well you can see in the image I had spare carbon fiber vinyl. I went and took a small part of the scrap left over and covered a friend tablet. I wanted to be nice and also work more with the vinyl which react's better with heat

Well now that I do have my color required I think it is about time I work on painting the outside of the case. I think I will leave the texture semi gloss black on the case and paint the grill mesh

Well that is all I have so far. I will of course be updating my thread with more update.

Well I took my case front and top shell off from the frame and as said paint the Mesh

Personally I think I will need more purple from the front face of the shell.

Today as been a busy day for me new client and more work I can not be any more happier about that.

Last edited by Lostconfession; 5th Nov 2012 at 23:22. Reason: More update
Old 6th Nov 2012, 21:39   #9
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Well i went ahead and over worked on some of the mesh on the front face as well as adding some cool paint detail over the face.

One put together

Kind of remind me of a transformer lol

Is it a decepticon or autobot?

So I went ahead and took the last two day of warm weather to paint the front and back side panel

I also went ahead and painted the headset holder. Its Ironic that thermal take called this a easy release latch. It does nothing at all but hold a headset ha ha

Here is the entire case together with the new fresh painted side panel.

Latch open

Latch close

View of the back side panel. It looks very well almost neon blue like.

I am still waiting for my order to come in. I order 60 feet of UV purple sleeve. Need to order another 25 feet of UV blue and I finally got my order of 25 feet of black sleeve.

I also have to order another 14 feet of 1/8th heat shrink

I got my order of UV paint :/ Not as purple As I would like so I will go ahead and order Clear Neon brush on paint both in blue and purple.

I am yet still deciding to either get Corsair H-100 or thermal take extreme 2.0 water cool.

Like alot of PC mod its all in detail

I went ahead and painted the HDD/SDD tray as well as the latch clip

Of course I layied down some carbon fiber vinyl down

I left the center of the tray un painted because the paint is a bit thick. I figured no one will check under the tray as well as under the HDD lol.

I only had time to paint 2 tray and all the latch clip, the sun is nice and warm but the wind and dry air is a pest. I had to heat cure both tray and all the latch.

Last edited by Lostconfession; 10th Nov 2012 at 19:23.
Old 11th Nov 2012, 23:54   #10
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Well it is official, I went ahead and order water cooling for my desktop.

Got the corsair H-100,

I am also getting myself NZXT 200mm fan

and dual Enermax 120mm silent and twisted blade fan

for the new water cool all with blue LED. I will replace the one's from corsair and replace my blue painted fan. I hope the new water cool will reduce heat build up while i O.C. my AMD 8 core processor from 4.2 Ghz (O.C.) to 4.6 Ghz, The fan will be a silent add on.

With it I also place'd an order for UV purple sleeve and more UV blue sleeve.

I am still waiting for my order pin extractor from hong kong

Well my tool's finally came in, they look nice BUT!

I have to say :/ It's a little disappointing, I did some test run with the tools, trying to get the feel for them. First they feel nice, conferrable in your grip. But as you work on the pin extractor for the 24 pin you feel the metal a little thick for any standard slide in. Second :/ they do not push the small clip on the pin inwards as needed. I ended up ripping a wiring trying to pull the pin out while using the tool with no success. The molex extract is another tool, barrel slide over but is too wide even on the smaller narrow one. The 4 slot tool to extract header from fan wire also to thick to use and does not push the pin down without slipping and popping you in the finger -.- I feel the spend $18 US is just to much to spend for this tool.

Moving on from the disappointment

I went ahead and put back the HDD/SDD slot back in its place.

Closer look

My next project is to take off the easy bay pin-in and paint them to match the case. As well as carbon fiber vinyl the bay outer side to match the theme.

I checked my order on my water cool and fan, I say about wensday if not thrusday is when I will receive my new order can not wait looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. Its the small detail that kills not the work.

Last edited by Lostconfession; 13th Nov 2012 at 22:47.
Old 16th Nov 2012, 03:56   #11
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I am back with great news, I have finally gotten my package in today.

Corsair H-100 water cool extreme performance

I just couldn't wait I had to open it and see.

Well, their was a lot of different review for the H-100 including very loud fan.

With that in mind I went ahead bought some additional fans noted on the previous post.

As also stated I painted the easy release latch's off my bay drive

All together now including the new radiator placement.

Pump/heat spreader Installed on AMD processor.

With the addition of a Enermax fan I wanted a costume look

One main reason why I love this fan, So simple to take apart

After 2 hour

2 am its time for sleep...

10 am wake up by UPS

Looks like my fan has arrived. Including is new nicely looking Logitech speakers

After 6 hour of work

I am barely done with my mod, I still have to sleeve.. A lot of things
Still waiting on a couple more item including more UV blue and UV purple sleeve

In the main time, A run and some temp bookmarks and O.C.

Well here is a close up of the inside of my case without flash on

Close up of the underside of the radiator. I swapped out 4 set of Blue LED for 4 set of UV led light to off set the color . I am using the pull/push method using both 200 mm fan on top of the case and my 120 mm on the underside of the radiator. Will see how it goes in a couple of hours.

As you can also see, It is not as bright as it used to be. I guess this means I will require another 4 inch CCFL blue light system

I still need to sleeve my wire's and get some CCFL.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 21:33   #12
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So a little update

Normal temperature on and AMD using fan cool even with after market heat sink give you a 65 degree Celsius which is around 150 degree Fahrenheit. With water cooling you can see I am running 22 degree Celsius which is around 70 degree Fahrenheit. I say it is a BIG improvement. Ofcouse my AM3+ 8core is O.C. to 4.2Ghz @ 1.28volt

I did a print screen of the CPUID program for x64 OS

I was able to find my UV purple sleeving on a Mod store site

Cost of sleeve per foot $.59 US Was able to buy 30 feet and a dog tag from the same company tag in the image

I also place'd an order for some Blue cold cathode tube in 4 inch

And

7feet 1/8 heat shrink tube

All which should be arriving by next week to the following week ahead.

I am still working with the tools i purchase on eBay, I am hoping I can work around with them

So a bite of an update

I've been trying to work with the tools I got off eBay. They seem to go much smoothly the more they are used. Its what we consider "breaking them in"

My sleeve's came in this week, I bought 25 feet of black sleeve, 25 feet of UV blue sleeve and 30 feet of UV purple sleeve for a total of 80 feet of sleeve. I also received my dog tag in the mail

For friends who are in the US tomorrow is thanksgiving day (11/22/2012), I would like to extend to my UK and Asian friends Happy thanksgiving

I will be in AFK mode while I celebrate and become a little more chubby this winter. I will return after the fall break and again after the winter break with hopefully updated photo of my mod project.

I hope a lot of you enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

Well I finally got my 7 Foot long heat shrink and with it I got my lights

With the scrap left over of UV blue sleeve, I decided to sleeve my new lights. I might sleeve the other one UV purple.

After a few minute. I decide to continue using UV Blue sleeve. I also sealed off the ends of the light with heat shrink and silicon to prevent leaks.

Last edited by Lostconfession; 25th Nov 2012 at 00:05. Reason: update 11/24/2012
Old 28th Nov 2012, 00:14   #13
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Well back again, this time with a small update.

I went ahead and spent this passed two days sleeving the PSU, Going back and forth working on outside lights for Christmas, inside tree decoration helping the nephew and old parents out and fixing gift's early as well as working on client mobile device

After 3days I was finished and loving the outcome, I also setup my new lights in my case

Back end view of the light's in my case

Front lower

Front upper

The entire case. I personally think I should go with one set of Blue light.

I took the blue sleeving off the mouse and instead decided with the little amount left after sleeving the PSU to re re-sleeve the mouse. I think the black looks way better on the mouse.

Some steps close to the end result.

I think I found a name for my case, Since it does resemble in some way to a transformer I will research some name to the bot to match my case name

I still need one final thing before I am truly finished and that is an SSD card.

I am hoping with all this cyber Monday, black Friday or what it's deal down here in the Southern tip of the US. I will see if i can find a good card roughly over 100 Gb for a nice cost.
Old 28th Nov 2012, 13:55   #14
Jay88018
Modder

Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jay88018 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice work man. Ps Its got purple in it, so Decepticon
Old 29th Nov 2012, 00:54   #15
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88018 View Post
Nice work man. Ps Its got purple in it, so Decepticon
Lol thanks and yes I am trying to figure out the name for my Decepticon PC XD

Might vinyl stamp and Decepticon logo on it
Old 5th Dec 2012, 01:35   #16
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I have returned for the moment being

It's been and interesting week

Beginning December, The rain has started up down here on the tip end of the eastern part of the U.S.

Seem's at the moment I am financially stuck without funds :/

So I am putting a hold on the SSD

But does not mean I can not further on with different mods

I am one of those people who love to say and practice the "reuse or recycle"

Since I am a big believer of reducing waste I have decide to hold onto the old PSU sleeve and am using them on some Black SATA cable 1/4 inch sleeve

Also to boot

Since before starting this project I was running an old core 2 QUAD processor A freak but often to common power surge fried my old board :/

It also damaged my external 1.5 Tb WD book essential
The damage was fix-able with an addition of a fan to cool down the HDD and a replacement of the USB and POWER cable which burned in the process during the surge.

I am holding both the burned out power supply and the burned out USB cable for other project s

This is all I was able to do, I am working on multiple work for client including repairing and Iphone 4 with broken digitizer and glass. Along with an HP DV6 laptop with a broken HD webcam.

So I decide to take a small break and finally get some gaming on my PS 3. Been playing the new call of duty blackops2 I know resent talk about bad server on the game but it does have a nice feel. Bored after running two capture the flag and some kill confirmed I've decide to work on my emblem.

I know I know its a waste of good FPS game time. But the Icon i chose is to recreate my favorite
FPS that I normally used to play.

Recreation of Black light:Retribution.

The gaming is just the same as call of duty in most of everyway Minus the maps. Black light offer none but does offer some cool X-ray vision To scoope out and find people hiding behind walls and around corners

As soon as I get more headway on project I will post more

Till then I would like to wish alot of people out their a

MERRY CHRISTMAS

and

A HAPPY NEWYEARS!

cheers

Last edited by Lostconfession; 8th Dec 2012 at 03:12.
Old 15th Dec 2012, 01:54   #17
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I finally Figured out the name for my Case

Doing some of time research while I work around buying Christmas holiday gift and trying to be a great uncle to my nephew who is 9 years old (They grow up so fast)

I finally found my Name....

Meet

SOUNDWAVE

The evolution of soundwave

So we all remember this as the soundwave (original 1984)

And now the latest look for soundwave "Transformer prime" (2005)

Lets not forget the look change off the movie version

After the movie "Transformer: revenge of the fallen" (2009)

Epicness of soundwave classic

And the new soundwave toy

I of course will be doing some etching using this image

Or

This image.

I know this image isn't as dark as the other but it does look great.

I will be doing some test etching while on holiday break. Right now I am 100% broke :/ *sigh*

Well being got a bit of insomnia 2 A.M. us eastern time I am a little wired and idea keeps flowing through my head.

I've decide to edit the image of the Decepticon icon, Went on MS paint and decide to make my boarder around so area so when it comes time to etch this on some plexi glass I can see where my line will be

Last edited by Lostconfession; 15th Dec 2012 at 06:57. Reason: Late night/ Very early morning Update
Old 15th Dec 2012, 07:08   #18
Lostconfession
Multimodder

I was thinking of etching and painting the Decepticon Icon around My case. Showing some of that Decepticon Pride haha

Since my Insomnia kicked in My mind is full of different Idea. One of them being, After buying a SSD taking the top off and placing Light around the Inside with a transparent top. Etched on will be of course the brand of the SSD and with it the Decepticon Icon.

As well slap this nice Decepticon Chrome vinyl on the side panel but not sure if I should go with chrome blue or chrome purple

Link to the " Decepiticon Vinyl "
Old 17th Dec 2012, 01:19   #19
Lostconfession
Multimodder

So I finally was able to do some cool editing with Gimp Thank you to ShinyAli for the suggestion in the first part of my PC mod

After some studding on how to layer and transparent I finally managed to make this

Its still a little transparent then I would like :/

After an hour on MS paint doing the outline Love MS paint

The next step is to reverse the image then make a printout so i can copy and etch

I will be doing some test etches on scrap plexi glass so I would know how it will look like when I am done

Last edited by Lostconfession; 17th Dec 2012 at 02:49. Reason: Update
Old 27th Dec 2012, 22:04   #20
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Well I have returned for the moment. I got a couple christmas gift from my freinds who are like family

Two of my gift was a cool wallet and free decepiticon decal Very awesome the right color I needed

Being decal their is a backing and a vinyl cover

Of course a placing is necessary tape boarders where I want the logo to go (Back side panel)

After squegging the air bubble from the back of the decal and letting it rest to let the glue tack I started to peal off the vinyl

A great shot with flash on. High lights the nice purple against that nice sky blue almost looks neon

Well the front I wanted to place the front 6 inch x 6 inch decal but found no right placement :/

So i went ahead and placed the nice 2 inch x 2 inch in the corner I chosen at the beginning of the mod to post a logo

Since the decal is a small and has perfect detail I had to work a little harder in squegging the air bubble through

And finally a nice shot of the decal once the vinyl was carefully pealed off. Also with it a shot of my nifty new Bacon wallet. What man can not resist the charm and loving smell of Bacon.

My finally plan for next year is to get myself a PS Vita and an SSD card with size

I think I might got with OCZ instead of a Samsung but I will do proper research and look for a good read/write capacity. Size I will be getting with a nice low price will be somewhere around if possible 64 Gb to 124 Gb

Once then I will reinstall Window7 on my new SSD and be finally done with my build.

For the mean while now I will carry on with other things and work

Well got a nice surprise in the mail today. One of my last Christmas gift for my family came in today 12/29/2012
This is a gift for my father a nice beer stein The old man will enjoy it so

Of course it has to be gift wrapped. None of my family has touched any of the gift yet under the still standing Christmas tree. We are all waiting to reunite to pass out the gift for each other.

So yes the change in weather down in the summer state of Florida has turned my sea almond a nice dark pitch of red. The leaf's are starting to fall off bit by bit. When winter finally approaches usually late in mid of January the leaf's start to turn a very beautiful bright shade of red before the tree goes bald.

The last growth of purple wild flower are also in bloom.

The last of wild orchid flower on my orchid tree finally bloom as well in late fall

My basil is starting to tree out Need to do some cutting and laddering so the top does not start to fall sideways.

All in the end of fall I know everywhere else its either mid of winter or ending of winter but where I live its still the ending of fall. Winter here is very short I say about 1 to 2 or 3 months Spring is nice and summer is always long.

I will be downloading google sketch and trying to work out some Idea for the SSD till then,
To all my friends out their

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Last edited by Lostconfession; 28th Dec 2012 at 19:39.

View Mode