bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 13th Nov 2012, 13:30   #1
Chanc3
Minimodder

Chanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Slightly different to your normal photographs :D

Well, since I have access to some great IR cameras as part of my job, I thought I'd snap an IR pic of our company's mascot.

Bit-Tech, meet Max the lab:

Not sure if anyone knows much about IR imaging or the equipment used to take photos, but basically, we're limited to a tiny res of 640x480, as essentially, each pixel is a tiny thermometer. Newer cameras are now on the market with a res of 1024x768, which we're looking to buy one, but at 40k a pop, its not cheap! - our current camera cost us 26k!

We are one of the only IR companies in the UK (if not the only) that produces images of this quality like this:

^ Bonus rep if you can tell me what building this is. This is actually a composition of many images, that were stitched together by hand and using a program.

Last edited by Chanc3; 30th Oct 2013 at 12:34.
Chanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 13:41   #2
obaidbd
Supermodder

obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!obaidbd - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
this is really something very interesting and creative !! thanks a lot for sharing
obaidbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 13:52   #3
Chanc3
Minimodder

Chanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No worries, here, have another:

Old 13th Nov 2012, 17:04   #4
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow, that's awesome!
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 18:40   #5
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The stitched images are great, not seen anything like that before.
Old 14th Nov 2012, 21:42   #6
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah! Predator style!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 16:26   #7
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Those are cool, can I borrow your toy?
Old 15th Nov 2012, 16:41   #8
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
At the risk of sounding like everyone else here, those pics are totally cool

What's the big heat source on the roof of the National Archives building?
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:29   #9
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That's awesome!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 11:28   #10
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
At the risk of sounding like everyone else here, those pics are totally cool

What's the big heat source on the roof of the National Archives building?
ac?
Old 17th Nov 2012, 11:48   #11
M_D_K
I Mod, Therefore I Own

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Definitely different from the norm, I like the building shot.

I would class this as Thermography rather then IR or what I call standard IR being an IR sensor capture the IR spectrum rather then the Radiation (heat).
Old 17th Nov 2012, 20:04   #12
dynamis_dk
Grr... Grumpy!!

dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.
So how many times have you smuggled the camera home to take photos of a new PC cooling setup
Old 30th Oct 2013, 12:46   #13
Chanc3
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamis_dk View Post
So how many times have you smuggled the camera home to take photos of a new PC cooling setup
Reviving an old thread because I took these not too long ago and thought you guys might find them interesting! Brownie points if you guess the Cooler, Case, GFX card and Mobo!

Old 30th Oct 2013, 19:36   #14
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
H50, P6T Deluxe, GTX480, 800D...

Maybe.
Old 30th Oct 2013, 22:11   #15
JazzXP
Eh! Steve

JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I need one of those... so I can throw a model in front of it

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

there is no such thing as "Fool-Proof" just "Idiot resistant" - Pflumingo
JazzXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 12:20   #16
Chanc3
Minimodder

Haha, believe it or not, but thermography can also be used to do breast exams!

mars-bar-man pretty much nailed it - all correct!
Old 9th Nov 2013, 13:21   #17
M_D_K
I Mod, Therefore I Own

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXP View Post
I need one of those... so I can throw a model in front of it
For a breast exam
Old 9th Nov 2013, 18:55   #18
aLtikal
1338-One step infront of the pro's

aLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dominator RAM too?
aLtikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2013, 03:16   #19
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That P6T Deluxe has a different shape of chipset heatsink than the one on my desk at the moment... No signature curvy fins on that one - sure it's not a standard P6T??

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infrared, ired, thermal imaging, thermography