bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 12th Nov 2012, 23:53   #1221
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Diana is so strong
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 00:18   #1222
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

vdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
She's coming into light because she's a great counter pick against Kat (who is FOTM/popular).

She's always been strong, but after the nerfs people, as usual, assumed she was now trash and stopped playing her.
vdbswong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 06:33   #1223
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Yup.
Diana is the natural counter-Kat lately... I have been WRECKED by a Kat a few times lately, so it's good to occasionally have an answer for her.

I am lately becoming a bit tired of playing AP-Bot Teemo.
not only does that buld not fit in properly with a regular team structure, but Teemo's also being outclassed on many levels by many others.

So I started playing Bot-Graves, and am doing OK. Not spectacular, but OK. He's good fun to play. My build and gameplayw ith him takes some work, though...

Also, I am finding joy in the solo cue again, simply because sometimes friends can be idiots...
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:00   #1224
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

vdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Also, I am finding joy in the solo cue again, simply because sometimes friends can be idiots...
I know that feeling...
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:57   #1225
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
It's when your usual goto players (people you know IRL) talk badly about other people:
"I am ingame with a bunch of legends!!!" - "who? Friends X and Y?" - "I said Legends, not noobf*gs"

also - I appreciate that I may not have 3000 games as reference, but don't go "STFU - I play way more than you so I know everything about the game better" when I mention that the "honorable oponent" bit seems to be showing diminishing returns.
Edit:
Or because I mention that I Doubt you can get into 3v3 gold bracket y just winning your 5 placement matches.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 10:07   #1226
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

I don't have an issue with the attitude of the people i play with.. guess i normally avoid them if i do.

It's more that i've started playing with a group of people who are fun, but some are still learning their way around the game (i.e. they have the basics and just need to sharpen up on the mechanics and strategies). However when we queue as a group it means that they're often paired with opponents who are simply better than them.

Whilst it can be fun just to play with them, having the particular lane they've fed being unleashed onto the rest of us mid-game can become rather frustrating (especially if i've had a strong early game).
Old 13th Nov 2012, 10:59   #1227
BentAnat
Software Dev

Hahaha. I know what you're talking about... my time is spent about 50/50 between being the idiot that feeds and tries hard not to die and being the idiot that tries to help and gets his btt kicked by 14 other players when he does.

A lot of people in my friends list are substantially better players than myself, which is why i normally don't play with them a lot. It's a matter of me not wanting to ruin their game. And then there's some OTHER firends that enjoy talking smack more than playing the game...

Again, it boils down to the gaming paradox:
Everyone wants to be the best one on the team, but noone wants to play with players worse than them....
Old 14th Nov 2012, 09:21   #1228
BentAnat
Software Dev

The little spiteful asshat in me had a GREAT single game (lost) last night.
I was cueing solo when my mate (the one that's bein an ass lately) asked if I was keen...
so i left the cue and joined with him (didn't wanna go NO!FUASSHOAL).

He played Fiddle in jungle, I played Graves in bot, with a Taric for support.

I managed to get first blood just as the game started, and then managed 3 more kills while the rest of the team got 2. Our Taric let me farm, supported like a BOSS and was generally a fun teammate to have. That's the kind of support you want as ADC BOT.
My mate on the other hand got a load of hate spewed at him. Not from bottom lane, but from the rest of the team. It's not that his score was bad, but rather that his timing sucked.
He'd ult in after our team died, pick up a load of kills, and disappear again until after the next fight. If he'd ulted consistently earlier, we'd no doubt have won the game. This way we lost.

Eventually, my luck also ran out. I got a bit cockey in terms of engaging and made a few silly mistakes (Fiora kept catching me off guard with her near-death disappear BS), but I never stopped enjoying the game and seeing the tables turned on an arrogant mate of mine.

Asshole statement? Perhaps... still felt good.

The asshole in me
Old 16th Nov 2012, 11:24   #1229
BentAnat
Software Dev

First of the Pre-Season patches entered PBE yesterday, featuring visual upgrades for some champs and a new support (Yay XD).
Also, a new jungle, a new middle of the map, reworked shop, reworked items, reworked summoner spells. NOT looking forward to the update download, and I am sure that it'll be tweaked heavily before we see it, but here is a breakdown:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/11...es-on-pbe.html
Old 16th Nov 2012, 19:12   #1230
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Tried Jax. Love him. Not as versatile or irritating as Wukong, but he's a massively amusing champion to play.
Old 16th Nov 2012, 19:34   #1231
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

New items look interesting... not sure how they'll tip the scales of balance as they've stated they wanted to fool around a bit during the pre-season to get a grasp of things.

As for Jax, he's becoming my go-to Champion for top lane, rather strong early game at Level 3 and come Level 6 he can win almost any matchup so long as he's equal level or higher.
Old 17th Nov 2012, 00:56   #1232
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Jax for me trumps even Wukong. Unless there is a ranged top or someone who can outright zone Jax, he's a fantastic top champ.

His kit's fantastic and frankly his e is absolutely wreckingball lol worthy in its utility. I've been debating on changing my Kassadin build from RoA to Chalice/Grail first. Because chalice is not a bad item for the sheer mana regen goodness.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 06:15   #1233
BentAnat
Software Dev

Jax is quite a strong champ.
There's one champ that I know of that reliably hurts Jax, though: Teemo.
Last I checked (a good while ago, so patches might have Fixed that), Teemo's Q (blind), hit Jax reliably, especiall through his whirly dodge->attack bonus thingy. That more often than not leaves Jax in a situation where his next attack misses, he gets no bonus for it,and gets shut down. But it does require near -perfect timing.

I am finding that I enjoy playing Graves more than Teemo lately. My build is getting more and more reliable, and that brings enjoyment with it.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 06:47   #1234
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

I don't really play Wukong much as my friend regards Wukong as one of his mains and we don't usually play either's mains to prevent those annoying moments when someone just doesn't know how to play a Champ you know really well. (I'm sure we've all been there... aka "OMG, why did that guy use that ability first, he should have done this, this and this, he clearly doesn't know that Champ" etc.)

However, I did give him a go yesterday after two Wukong's stomped myself as Jax and whilst he doesn't faceroll as hard as Jax does, the "tricksy-ness" of his kit lets him nullify a lot of Jax's kit so long as they're on even footing.

As for Teemo vs. Jax, i find that the Teemo needs to be super aggressive in lane as he doesn't scale as hard as most other top laners. However it's also a double-edged sword as it leaves him more vulnerable to ganks. Also, if the other laner is willing to trade back harass (even at the cost of a slight disadvantage) so they keep roughly even you can go back and stomp him come Level 6 as Shrooms don't have much dueling power.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 07:27   #1235
BentAnat
Software Dev

^^ and that's Teemo's biggest weakness.
He's either super aggro and gets killed a lot, or he's a strange kind of support that just mines the whole field.
He can be a "bit of both", but not as effectively.

AP Teemo especially has a hard time in lane in mid-game, as the items he needs are expensive, and he's super squishy.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 12:32   #1236
Elton
Proud Model M User

I find that early AD teemo and late game AP teemo is usually a decent combo from what I've seen.

I tried fid for a while, given my relatively low level (I'm not even close to pro) he's easy to use but nowhere near as satisfying as other AP mids. I will say that I love playing Jax as his kit really is useful.

That said, in terms of an ult, Wukong can just bulldoze everyone if you have a properly timed ult or at least have a game changing play. I went back to Kassadin after a few plays with Fiddlesticks. I think I just like Kassadin more, sure his laning phase is pretty bad (actually atrocious as it's almost impossible to get 100+ CS even if you zone them), but his damage output is outright murderous to an ADC because once properly leveled you do about 500 base damage each burst and much more depending on AP scaling and MR piercing.

Plus having an 8 second flash is always handy.
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:48   #1237
BentAnat
Software Dev

Yeah - the only way to play Teemo (though it is a bit steep) is early AD, then go into the AP mid-game and replace AD items the longer the game gets.

After playing a lot of Graves lately, and enjoying him, I figured I'd get off the trodden path of ranged AD/AC for a bit and try some support.

Wanted to try Alistair, but got "tricked" into trying Garen (tricked by someone on reddit calling it the "Lesser Spotted Bush Garen", and the fact that he has a UT skin). Played one prac round, and my impression (besides "bots suck") was positive.
A mate of mine swears by tank-garen, and one thing's for sure: compared to my normal squishies, Garen can take damages... LOTS OF damages. :P
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:53   #1238
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
been playing around quite a lot with jarven and annie.

I've used jarvens ult more than once in a really bad way and lost my team kills/killed team mates, but a nicely pulled off ult is one of the most satisfying ults in the game.

and annie because I wanted someone else to play mid other than veigar, her tibbers/stun combo is pretty fun but I generally prefer to play her with friends rather than with randomers as once her burst is done, she's useless for ~5 seconds or so while her abilities recharge
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 22:52   #1239
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Guys ...

I have been away from home for two months and I haven't played since. I still have almost two months to go before I can play again.

The withdrawal is killing me
a month later and I'm still dying inside ...
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 01:26   #1240
Elton
Proud Model M User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Yeah - the only way to play Teemo (though it is a bit steep) is early AD, then go into the AP mid-game and replace AD items the longer the game gets.

After playing a lot of Graves lately, and enjoying him, I figured I'd get off the trodden path of ranged AD/AC for a bit and try some support.

Wanted to try Alistair, but got "tricked" into trying Garen (tricked by someone on reddit calling it the "Lesser Spotted Bush Garen", and the fact that he has a UT skin). Played one prac round, and my impression (besides "bots suck") was positive.
A mate of mine swears by tank-garen, and one thing's for sure: compared to my normal squishies, Garen can take damages... LOTS OF damages. :P
Garen late game is practically useless if they have a good team. That said, if he can absorb most of the damage, he's a brilliant asset to the team.

I have yet to try jayce but I've realized after all this time, my main has been Kassadin. He's almost the perfect counter to almost all mids (outside AD mids and perhaps katarina) and his kit is hilarious.

Tags
feeders unite, n00bfest