bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Scan Computers

Old 9th Nov 2012, 13:28   #1
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My details passed on to Reevoo - but no way on your website to opt out? Not happy!

Hi,

I just received a message from Reevoo on Scan's behalf asking me to review a product I recently purchased.

When I click the opt out link provided, it doesn't work.

When I visit your own website the only communication preference I can apply to my details is whether I receive ScanShot or not.

I am most definitely not happy about my details being passed to any third party - especially not details of what I actually purchased.

Please provide a preference box on your My Account system so that I can express this preference and keep my private details private.

Thanks.

Last edited by Zoon; 9th Nov 2012 at 13:34.
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 13:36   #2
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
I just had one too........

The link in the email to unsubscribe worked for me.

Still not happy with passing details of purchases to 3rs parties though......

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 8.1 (update1) Pro 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 13:58   #3
Zoon

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wouldn't mind if there was a box which said "Scan wants to share your details with carefully selected partners etc" and I had left it checked.

There isn't, and if it was there, I would definitely deselect it.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 14:17   #4
suragh
Derp

suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.
I just had this as well, I am going to have a word with Scan on the phone when I get home. I happily wrote a review on the product I bought but I don't want my details to be exploited at a greater level.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 15:53   #5
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Hey All,

Thanks for your feedback regarding Scans partnership with Reevoo.

Here is our rationale :-

Over a fair amount of time we have received lots of feedback from our customer's asking us to introduce a customer written, product review section to give impartial help with their buying decisions.

We initially did this by linking the HeXus X icon, on matching product reviews. Unfortunately we have more products than reviews on HEXUS. Due to the thousands of products we sell online and the thousands of customers we have, we wanted legitimate product reviews for a majority of our products from genuine customers.

We are now using Reevoo to support us in collecting rating and reviews to help shoppers make better purchasing decisions.

We understand your concern but we have not sold data to Reevoo. We simply use them as a data processor on our behalf. Restassured you will NOT receive any unrelated emails and if you feel strongly about this move, then please unsubscribe.

We also take every measure to ensure confidentiality in line with the data protection act and supply data in a secure and encrypted form.

• Again to reiterate
• We have NOT sold any data
• Reevoo is working with Scans internal systems
• You are free to Opt out of receiving the Reevoo Email.

Best Regards
Old 9th Nov 2012, 16:17   #6
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks for the heads up but this should not have been implemented either retrospectively and/or without informing us that it was going to happen and giving us the chance to opt out first Yes I got an email today too for an item I bought a few months back , not recently, so to you, Scan!
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC

Last edited by Carrie; 9th Nov 2012 at 17:28.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 16:34   #7
Zoon

Hi ChrisP,

I understand your stance and I'm sure its well within legal frameworks and your privacy policy. I am sure any company worth its salt would consult with the appropriate authorities - so I am not accusing you of doing something wrong per se, more something I don't want you to do with my data.

Its not like I spend a huge amount of money with you - I have a mortgage to pay - but over the last couple months you've had 2000 from a colleague of mine who bought a brand new PC on my recommendation and I've built PCs for others from you. A company who would not take my communication preferences into account is not a company I'd want to use, nor that I would any longer actively recommend to family and friends.

So please, I urge you to do what many companies do and have a check box "We would like to share your data with specially selected partners" etc and let me say 'no' to this, and that then be respected when you make partnerships like this - some of us never wanted to be opted in, let alone have to try and opt out manually.

In the meantime, due to a technical fault that the Reevoo website gives me every single time I attempt to opt out, I am currently unable to do so. I'll report back if I ever manage to get this done. And I will ring to complain if it never works.

Thanks.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 16:48   #8
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
To clarify, is there any way that we can opt out from you sharing our personal information with Revoo?

If the only way to opt out from this is to take such drastic action as never doing business with you again, that's a step that I would have to consider.
Old 10th Nov 2012, 15:27   #9
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Certainly an active thread!

Given our response yesterday, we felt it would be better to see all the responses over a period of time to get the general sentiment and try to eliminate some biased views.

We feel we give lot to Hexus on all accounts, and open up the operation to constructive feedback so we can help better service our customers.

Following from our post yesterday we’d like to clear up points made on this thread :-

1) Reevoo being Spam marketing :-
a. Spam is generally an unsolicited marketing email sent from an unknown source.
b. In the case of Reevoo, we have clearly outlined our intentions. The email says on “Behalf of Scan”.
c. This email is part of our Order tracking comms and is mandatory as part of our order process.
i. You all know we send stages 1-4 for order status
ii. Stage 5 is from DPD who are to deliver you parcel
iii. Stage 6 – is from Reevoo asking for a qualified product and service review!
d. The unsubscribe option is for scanshots and newsletters.

e. We do not class Reevoo as marketing as is related to your post sale experience, much in the same way how we work with DPD. The mail from Reevoo is not trying to sell you anything.

f. We have made it clear that Reevoo will not send you any further information other than a post purchase review request.
2) Exchange of details and privacy policy “4. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.”
a. Reevoo is an authorised Scan partner. i.e they are only sending post-sale review emails. They are connecting to our internal systems. i.e we have granted then access to our data to send the email and that is it.

b. Users do not have to complete review and can “opt out” from receiving future emails. (we sense this point could be misconstrued and refer it be read in context of our point 1 above)

c. This is no different to DPD who send out delivery schedules.

d. The is no commercial gain as such as Reevoo is simply getting your opinions on the products you bought and the service you received. Good or bad. It is unbiased!
i. Example there was a post about a forum member posting he had to return an IIyama screen. In which case, the Reevoo email would have allowed his experience to have been shared.
ii. BTW – Only basic identity of the reviewer shown. i.e First name and Town. Any further information is shown at the reviewer discretion.
Summary:-

Point taken on how we have implemented Reevoo, but other than run all our commercial decisions past a “Hexus Forum Board”, it’s a tough call.

With Reevoo, there are clear gains to help customers more and this has always been Scans full intention.

We really appreciate the feedback from Hexus and will always continue to support the forum members where we can!

Again,

Thanks for your feedback regarding Scans partnership with Reevoo.

Here is our rationale: -

Over a fair amount of time we have received lots of feedback from our customer's asking us to introduce a customer written, product review section to give impartial help with their buying decisions.

We initially did this by linking the HeXus X icon, on matching product reviews. Unfortunately we have more products than reviews on HEXUS. Due to the thousands of products we sell online and the thousands of customers we have, we wanted legitimate product reviews for a majority of our products from genuine customers.

Hexus Care.:-

Hard to always consult

We are now using Reevoo to support us in collecting rating and reviews to help shoppers make better purchasing decisions.

We understand your concern but we have not sold data to Reevoo. We simply use them as a data processor on our behalf. Rest assured you will NOT receive any unrelated emails and if you feel strongly about this move, then please unsubscribe.

We also take every measure to ensure confidentiality in line with the data protection act and supply data in a secure and encrypted form.

• Again to reiterate

Best Regards

Here are our answers to specific questions:-

3) Reevoo being Spam marketing
4) Exchange of details – Clarify
5) “4. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.”

Old 10th Nov 2012, 16:12   #10
sp4nky

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Chris,

I am not certain that you understand the concerns raised here. I shall try to clarify based on what people have written and on my own personal concerns.

1. Nobody has alleged that this is spam marketing. Nobody mentioned spam until your post to "clear up points made on this thead".

2. It appears that Scan has released personal information (names, email addresses, purchase history) to a third party. Since the emails containing this information were sent by Revoo.com it seems unlikely (edited part follows) that these were from Scan's internal systems, especially when the email header says it originated from mta6599.mxmfb.com whereas Scan's emails originate from mx1.scan.co.uk

3. There was no prior warning to the release of this information.

4. There appears to be no opt-out facility for your sharing our personal information with Revoo.

5. You are making a big show of not selling our personal information. You do appear, however, to be sharing our personal information for commercial reasons.

6. This is not Hexus. I see what you have done is to post a respond to their concerns on their forum and the copy/paste it over here without looking at our concerns.

Last edited by sp4nky; 10th Nov 2012 at 21:44. Reason: missed half the sentence on 2.
sp4nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 20:16   #11
bawjaws
Supermodder

bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.bawjaws is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd like to add that I am not happy at all about my details being passed on to any other party without my consent, and that unless Scan implement an opt-out at point of sale, I'm simply not prepared to continue shopping with Scan.
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 13:29   #12
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4nky View Post
2. It appears that Scan has released personal information (names, email addresses, purchase history) to a third party. Since the emails containing this information were sent by Revoo.com it seems unlikely (edited part follows) that these were from Scan's internal systems, especially when the email header says it originated from mta6599.mxmfb.com whereas Scan's emails originate from mx1.scan.co.uk
From a legal (i.e. DPA) standpoint if a company uses a data processor to perform a function on their behalf, as appears to be the case here, then there is no 'release' of information to a third party. That remains the case regardless of which systems the data processor uses to send out mail shots, emails, newsletters etc. Or to put it another way, from a DPA point of view there's no difference between Scan sending out these emails and running the review system themselves and Scan contracting someone to do it on their behalf.

[QUOTE=sp4nky;3210142]
Quote:
3. There was no prior warning to the release of this information.

4. There appears to be no opt-out facility for your sharing our personal information with Revoo.
There doesn't need to be.

Quote:
5. You are making a big show of not selling our personal information. You do appear, however, to be sharing our personal information for commercial reasons.
Again, as far as the law is concerned they're not sharing or selling. That only applies when you're looking at the transfer of personal data between two data controllers, and not between a data controller and a data processor.

None of the above however changes that from a good business/customer service point of view they should've made it clearer they were going to introduce a new system and possibly allow an opt out.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 13:51   #13
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Even if it is legal, I don't like it. Its different from DPDs emails as DPDs emails are actually useful but these are just spam emails, ie offer no relevant info.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 23:37   #14
sp4nky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazeh View Post
From a legal (i.e. DPA) standpoint if a company uses a data processor to perform a function on their behalf, as appears to be the case here, then there is no 'release' of information to a third party. That remains the case regardless of which systems the data processor uses to send out mail shots, emails, newsletters etc. Or to put it another way, from a DPA point of view there's no difference between Scan sending out these emails and running the review system themselves and Scan contracting someone to do it on their behalf.
There is a hell of a difference. Scan's privacy policy explicitly states that it will not "sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase."

Reevoo's "about us" statement claims a 18% average sales uplift created by Reevoo social commerce services. Therefore by entering into this arrangement, Scan are most definitely doing this for commercial reasons and thereby breaching their own privacy policy.

By doing this, Scan are using information collected from me for a purpose other than the reason it was originally collected. I don't know whether this makes their actions illegal or not but it sounds like something that may warrant a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Personally, I will wait and see what Scan say first.
Old 12th Nov 2012, 17:38   #15
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
There is a hell of a difference. Scan's privacy policy explicitly states that it will not "sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase."

Reevoo's "about us" statement claims a 18% average sales uplift created by Reevoo social commerce services. Therefore by entering into this arrangement, Scan are most definitely doing this for commercial reasons and thereby breaching their own privacy policy.

By doing this, Scan are using information collected from me for a purpose other than the reason it was originally collected. I don't know whether this makes their actions illegal or not but it sounds like something that may warrant a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Personally, I will wait and see what Scan say first.
You appear to be missing my point. While you may perceive there to be 'a hell of a difference' the DPA doesn't. As far as the DPA is concerned there is no sale, rental or exchange of personal information when considering a data controller - data processor relationship (as appears to be the case here), it is treated the same as if Scan had chosen to do this themselves rather than contract a third party to do it on their behalf.

As for whether Scan are using information collected from you for a purpose other than the reason it was originally collected, I guess you could argue that being asked to provide a review/feedback of your purchase is a new purpose but equally Scan could argue that the review request is part of the sale and it's not unreasonable to expect them to use your details to ask you about your purchase.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 19:43   #16
sp4nky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazeh View Post
You appear to be missing my point. While you may perceive there to be 'a hell of a difference' the DPA doesn't. As far as the DPA is concerned there is no sale, rental or exchange of personal information when considering a data controller - data processor relationship (as appears to be the case here), it is treated the same as if Scan had chosen to do this themselves rather than contract a third party to do it on their behalf.

As for whether Scan are using information collected from you for a purpose other than the reason it was originally collected, I guess you could argue that being asked to provide a review/feedback of your purchase is a new purpose but equally Scan could argue that the review request is part of the sale and it's not unreasonable to expect them to use your details to ask you about your purchase.
Is Reevoo merely a data processor here? The terms & conditions for the reviews given make no mention of Scan but state that the information provided will be used by Revieworld Ltd. If the t's & c's referred to publication on Scan's website, I would be more amenable to believing that Reevoo was actually a data processor. Since they don't, I do not believe Reevoo is acting merely as a data processor and that Scan has indeed passed my personal information on to a third party.

As for whether it's a new purpose or not, 6 months ago, when I made my purchase, Reevoo was not part of the system. If Scan were operating this system only for new purchases, I would not see so much of a problem, so long as they amended their Privacy Policy. However this is not the case. Therefore the information I gave 6 months ago is now being used for a new purpose.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:54   #17
TheDodoKiller
Supermodder

TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not too happy about this either. Whilst I do think than scan needs to have user reviews on products, I don't like my purchase history being sent to third parties, in any capacity, Without my consent. Whilst some companies allready do this, I don't hold them in the same repute as scan.

The principle itself, I don't mind, And I don't mind being emailed asking me politley to review a recent purchase. However the problem here for me, and I'm assuming the rest of us, is that we, your customers, were not asked first if you could share our data.

I think instead of justifying your (or your companies) decisions, you can apologize to the users of scan emailed, and ask them for their consent- A simple 2 hyperlink buttons in the email to allow or disallow the sharing of our personal purchase data, as well as getting emails for reviews of products.

The thing is, their are other retailers that have it down to a T, for instance a certain large
e-tailer named after a forest has it- their system is not perfect- it allows people to review products they haven't purchased, and so I can see a huge advantage with your system.

Follow what your customers ask, is all I can say.
TheDodoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2012, 17:11   #18
BennieboyUK
CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.
I've just had this, and came to the forum to create such a post! I can't really add much more from what has already been said, other than to add myself to the increasing list of people that aren't overly happy about it.
i7 980x @ 4.4Ghz|12GB Dominator GT 2133mhz|Rampage III|4gb GTX 680 Classified's SLI|830 256GB|Antec 1200w|PF1000|R3|U2711 Hyper-V 2012: Dell 1900 | Dual Xeon E5320 | 32GB DDR2 ECC | LSI @ Raid5 5.452tb WHS: 8gb HP N40L 10tb x8 WD 2tb RED's Raid 6+1 on SRCSASBB8I with BBU
BennieboyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 10:40   #19
thelaw
Cynical B*stard

thelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysis
Hmm i sort of side with scan on this one given they have gone to length to explain how reevoo works...thought it should have applied to new purchases since the introduction of the system rather than older purchases.

Easy way for people to avoid these emails in future...shop else where...simple.

Its part of there shopping experience and process now, the owners choose to implement it, its there business(still private remember rather than a corp.) ...live with it or go elsewhere.
Main rig : I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz / Asus P8P67 Pro / KUHLER H20 620 water cooler /16 GB 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 1.5v Ram / 2x Gigabyte GV-N460SO-1GI GeForce GTX 460 1GB super overclocked edition SLI'ed BABY / OCZ Vertex 2 60gb Sata 2 SSD + 2x 750GB samgsung drives / Coolmaster 700w gold series psu / antec 900 case with 120mm sickleflow fans / NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller / 2x 22 inch benQ full HD G222HDL 1920x1080 monitors and pair of Razer Carcharias for my sounds :-)

Last edited by thelaw; 16th Nov 2012 at 10:48.
thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 11:27   #20
Shirty
Home of the Carnival Cougar

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm all for it. As long as Revoo don't do anything else with my details then I will review everything I buy from Scan (I have three times already).

In my opinion the hassle of having to delete an unwanted email is not really worth typing a complaint about, and I'd be far happier purchasing products from Scan with good reviews written by my fellow enthusiasts.

Reevoo are being paid (handsomely I'd imagine) by Scan to provide a service to them, just as their web host, ISP and suppliers are. I can't see the problem personally, the process is and always will be entirely optional and anonymous.
Shirty is online now   Reply With Quote