bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 29th Oct 2012, 20:47   #1
Roboduck
01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Roboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run Crysis
MakerBot Replicator- Mod part ideas

So I now have my very own MakerBot Replicator 3D printer!

So now I'm looking for ideas of cool Mod related things to print, so leave a comment!

Ideas so far:
-Mini-ITX case (yes the whole thing!)
-Cable organizers
-Fan Grills
-Case feet
Roboduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 21:49   #2
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Right angle ATX 24 pin adapters.
Right angle 8 pin 12volt adapters.
Always a pain to have these coming from in front of the board.
Old 29th Oct 2012, 22:32   #3
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
These! I still can't believe they are not being mass produced in china yet! imagine how clean the cabling would be with 90deg connectors!

--

Awesome printer by the way dude!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 00:13   #4
ferret141
Ultramodder

ferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyanferret141 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
These! I still can't believe they are not being mass produced in china yet! imagine how clean the cabling would be with 90deg connectors!

--

Awesome printer by the way dude!
I think there's some difficulty to be wokred out with how the connector wires up internally.
ferret141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 04:53   #5
obagiseler
What's a Dremel?

obagiseler has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow it looks nice
obagiseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 16:25   #6
Roboduck

Roboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Good suggestion, I'll have to try to make some! Or maybe I can come up with a good cover that could clip onto the stock straight connector that has the cables exit at 90.

If anyone has a 3D file they would like to see printed send me the file as an .STL and I'll see what I can do. MakerBot gave me the printer and bunch of filament so I'm just looking for something interesting to print.

Edit: If anyone has a model of a Subaru WRX they would be willing to share (and possibly modify to help with printing) I would be willing to send them a printed car. PM me if you are interested and have a model.

Last edited by Roboduck; 30th Oct 2012 at 16:44.
Old 30th Oct 2012, 19:28   #7
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
3d filigree fan guard? I've been wanting to draw up a complex gear fanguard forever.
Maybe a spin res insert for the Aqualis.
I'd love to dig up something for printing, but I don't have the time to repair the surfaces/etc.
Maybe some blocks that let you mount stuff at odd angles, like acrylic corner cubes.
180 degree g1/4 bend fitting?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 03:11   #8
yoishiro
Minimodder

yoishiro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboduck View Post
Good suggestion, I'll have to try to make some! Or maybe I can come up with a good cover that could clip onto the stock straight connector that has the cables exit at 90.

If anyone has a 3D file they would like to see printed send me the file as an .STL and I'll see what I can do. MakerBot gave me the printer and bunch of filament so I'm just looking for something interesting to print.

Edit: If anyone has a model of a Subaru WRX they would be willing to share (and possibly modify to help with printing) I would be willing to send them a printed car. PM me if you are interested and have a model.
http://3dbar.net/?p=4747 there is a subaru wrx ( u didnt told year lol ) and about the atx connector , im right now working with a prototype and , yes , the best way is the cover / add on for a regular one .
yoishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 12:09   #9
Roboduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoishiro View Post
http://3dbar.net/?p=4747 there is a subaru wrx ( u didnt told year lol ) and about the atx connector , im right now working with a prototype and , yes , the best way is the cover / add on for a regular one .
Have a pic of what your working on?

I had an 02 bug eye like that (just a WRX not an STI) but if someone could find a 2007 WRX Wagon I would be forever in their debt!
Old 31st Oct 2012, 14:02   #10
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Not envious of your 3D printer much

I don't know what size items you can make but "Fonne" on this forum has made some water cooling parts from POM although he has machined them not printed them, can you print parts this big from a suitable material?

ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 12:38   #11
Yaka
Hypermodder

Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
U can but I am certain machining will be better for water cooling than printing.
Yaka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 18:47   #12
Roboduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAli View Post
Not envious of your 3D printer much

I don't know what size items you can make but "Fonne" on this forum has made some water cooling parts from POM although he has machined them not printed them, can you print parts this big from a suitable material?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaka View Post
U can but I am certain machining will be better for water cooling than printing.
Yaka is right you could print water cooling parts but I'm not sure of the chemical resistance of the ABS/PLA plastic and as I have found out the hard way, its a pain to tap.
Old 4th Nov 2012, 00:02   #13
yoishiro
Minimodder

yoishiro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well 3d printing is just for one thing .... fast prototyping , not mass production , after the testing and all the trials , u could send it to someone who can make mold injection moldings and start producing
yoishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 19:53   #14
Xye
Supermodder

Xye has yet to learn the way of the DremelXye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoishiro View Post
well 3d printing is just for one thing .... fast prototyping , not mass production , after the testing and all the trials , u could send it to someone who can make mold injection moldings and start producing
Incorrect.

Well partly anyway. You wouldn't use it to build thousands of parts there are cheaper easier ways of doing that. But the other end of the market (high value low part count) it is used already.

What kind of build area do you have RoboDuck?
CNC Controller: E8500@3.3GHz (unable to push further)| Asus P5N-D|8800GTS|Barracuda 250Gb| Condensation (Case)
Xye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 12:00   #15
Yaka
Hypermodder

Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
would you seriously consider using printed parts for water cooling I've machined acetal parts?

Last edited by Yaka; 8th Nov 2012 at 18:54.
Yaka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 12:52   #16
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be great to print vga custom backplates for example!
What an impressive machine... what is the average time of printing one object?
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 10:41   #17
LukeDaly
733t n00b

LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.LukeDaly is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
How about making me some nice gtx 580 back plates?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
:: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja :: Mionix Naos 5000 :: 2x Dell U2711 ::
LukeDaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 15:45   #18
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Custom SSD housing would be nice.

You could aslo make custom fan blades.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 01:51   #19
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
like custom fan idea
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode