bit-tech.net

Old 15th Nov 2012, 14:54   #1
Lloydus
What's a Dremel?

Lloydus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Image software

Hi,

Been out of the game for a while.

I use to your photoshop then tried lightroom which I loved for the speed and ease of use but this was many years ago.

what are the best at the moment? Also I need a good photo organising software any suggestions?
Lloydus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 09:29   #2
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Lightroom is great for RAWs. Photoshop obviously is better for more in-depth editing (such as removing stray hair, etc).

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 09:56   #3
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
I like aperture for organising and quick easy post processing.
For anything decent I always go back to photoshop though.
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 10:13   #4
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
New CS 6 is brilliant also there is so many plugins. For photos use alien software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 17:21   #5
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Both! Photoshop for in-depth editing and lightroom for cataloguing and processing.

I'd recommend watching some of the videos on lightroom if you're not used to using it, they will help you understand the program as t's often notobvious on first glance what everything is/does.

http://tv.adobe.com/show/getting-sta...p-lightroom-4/
Old 19th Nov 2012, 18:35   #6
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydus View Post
what are the best at the moment? Also I need a good photo organising software any suggestions?
That's a loaded question, really. Best for what? What do you want to do with the software? What do you want the software to do for you? Are you touching up photographs, creating graphic designs, drawing, illustrating, or a little of everything? Are you just looking for something to organize, or do you also plan to edit photos?

I could recommend Photoshop all day long. It's a great, full-featured program that is capable of doing so much that most people don't use half of it. It's also very expensive (I presume we're all recommending legal options, right?). If all you're doing is casual photo editing, Photoshop Elements (or any of the similar other programs) may be fine. There are also free programs such as GIMP and Paint.net, and both can do quite a bit if you apply a little time and skill.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 19:44   #7
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
I've not used the full photoshop for photographs since I found a mod to add layer masks to element 7, and now elements has layer masks natively. Elements combined with lightroom, especially since adobe pretty much knocked half the prince of lightroom when they went to version 4, makes a really good catalogue, raw editor and pixel editor suite. suits me fine

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2012, 16:35   #8
Silent_Raider
Multimodder

Silent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run Crysis
I use Lightroom for importing/organizing RAW files and doing some tweaks. If I need to process, I like OnOne Photo Suite 7. It has a lot of the functionality of Photoshop, but in a much easier layout.
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | 2x Crucial C300 256GB SSD| 2x MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr III 4GB | Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA | Kingwin Lazer 1000W | LG 10x Blu-Ray Burner | Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D THX | Logitech G500 | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Dragon Age III Edition) | 3 x Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" 3600x1920 | Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 | Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Silent_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2012, 18:27   #9
TheBlackSwordsMan
Moto: Never Justify A Fake Mustache

TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.
I use Lightroom 4 for the moment, I really like it.
Snapseed for Iphone.
Old 28th Nov 2012, 00:02   #10
RinSewand
Useful

RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yup, LR4 here too! With the Jeff Friedl http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies plugins for uploading.
RinSewand is offline   Reply With Quote