bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Bit Tech Squadron name?
Bit Faction 3 12.00%
Bit Cartel 1 4.00%
Bit Sec 12 48.00%
Bit Butchers 0 0%
BIT 3 12.00%
Bit Syndicate 2 8.00%
Bit Technologies 4 16.00%
Bit Sovereignty 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th Nov 2012, 23:09   #221
dolphie
ken sent me

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Can't believe how big its getting! Surely sends a clear signal to mainstream publishers too.
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 23:36   #222
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm still in shock, I really am.

Final crowdfunding number was $6,238,563

Absolutely incredible, and for a game we are so passionate about. Really is a special day.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 08:19   #223
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I forgot my credit card changed during the KS campaign and my payment failed - I have managed to add another card though so that was quite a relief!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 08:45   #224
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
For anyone that hasn't pledged yet:

Quote:
If you have a membership, regardless of whether you have previously purchased a tier, you will be able to pledge at the current prices through this weekend. We will keep the limited add-on ships available through that time for everyone who tried to purchase one but wasn’t able. Everything will switch to the new pricing structure on Monday November 26th
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 10:13   #225
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
And a guy put together a trailer from all the clips that RSI has released:
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:00   #226
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Got a lovely email from Chris Roberts this morning;

After finally getting a good night’s sleep the team and I here at Roberts Space Industries would like to thank you for helping us make history.

It's gratifying to see Star Citizen mentioned across the gaming and mainstream media; how its broken records, how it shows that people still believe in PC games, how they want to play a space sim, how it is another nail in the coffin of the traditional publisher model.

We hope that you will feel the same way. Even though a lot of press and commentators are praising our skill in running a campaign, the secret sauce that really made Star Citizen happen was YOUR dedication. Your belief in this game energized us as the days got long. Your desire to play kept us going as we faced technical issues and growing mountains of work to do. The community YOU built made sure WE stayed believers. You made this game your own; big publishers may someday look back at this as the beginning of the end, a day when the players took over the development process and made it their own.

So from all of us at RSI: good work, Citizens!

For more info on Our Pledge to you, the grace period we've implemented, and more - please go read the full post at http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...-grace-period/
Thank you!

Chris Roberts at Roberts Space Industries

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:18   #227
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I got that mail too - damn, I thought I was special!

It's a weird thing to be so excited about a game that isn't out for another 2 years! Usually when you have this much anticipation the end results are quite the opposite of what you wanted. I do think however that in this case there will be something very special at the end.

With this and the new Elite I am slowly getting to gaming Nirvana!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:31   #228
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Well I for one don't have the money available to even entertain buying any of the add ons etc

I havent pledged and most likely will buy the game in the future I will wait and see how I feel after I see some actual gameplay footage.

I am sick and tired of waisting money on games I never play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:09   #229
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, this would be "waisting money" on a game you wouldn't be ABLE to play

Big difference

=P
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:10   #230
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
I got that mail too - damn, I thought I was special!

It's a weird thing to be so excited about a game that isn't out for another 2 years! Usually when you have this much anticipation the end results are quite the opposite of what you wanted. I do think however that in this case there will be something very special at the end.

With this and the new Elite I am slowly getting to gaming Nirvana!
Agreed. though for me Planetary Annihilation is the other game that has me SUPER excited.

I'm still not sold on Elite though. The pitch is just far too weak, and I can't help but feel they are relying far too much on nostalgia to fund their game. I'm also still not convinced they want to make the game for they joy of it, rather than the cash.

Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:15   #231
mrMonkeyChunks
EVGA Cheesecake

mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.mrMonkeyChunks is definitely a rep cheat.
I've pledged towards star citizen on kickstarter, however I am tempted to fork out for a add-on or two in the coming days which as I understand it has to be done through the RSI site. Any of you know how this cross-site pledging/add-ons stuff works?
mrMonkeyChunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:21   #232
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMonkeyChunks View Post
I've pledged towards star citizen on kickstarter, however I am tempted to fork out for a add-on or two in the coming days which as I understand it has to be done through the RSI site. Any of you know how this cross-site pledging/add-ons stuff works?
Yeah, so you can do that, and in the coming week both your kickstarter account, and your RSI (main site) account will be integrated as one.

Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:27   #233
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I also need to wait for kickstarter and RSI to link up to get some upgrades...
Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:02   #234
Jedra
Supermodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
I'm still not sold on Elite though. The pitch is just far too weak, and I can't help but feel they are relying far too much on nostalgia to fund their game. I'm also still not convinced they want to make the game for they joy of it, rather than the cash.
Fair enough! Although I have to say that DB's latests videos show his desire pretty well. Also there is nothing in DB's history that suggests he would do this kind of thing (cash grab that is). I think he was encouraged to do it by the success of other projects certainly and as he says in his videos, if the project does not make it's target then there isn't as much public desire for it as he thought.

I have pledged to SC, PA and E : D so I am hoping they all get made!

Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:58   #235
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Fair enough! Although I have to say that DB's latests videos show his desire pretty well. Also there is nothing in DB's history that suggests he would do this kind of thing (cash grab that is). I think he was encouraged to do it by the success of other projects certainly and as he says in his videos, if the project does not make it's target then there isn't as much public desire for it as he thought.

I have pledged to SC, PA and E : D so I am hoping they all get made!
I think what I'll do here, is be one of those people that wait until the end of the campaign, when all the info is on the table, before making a decision. I'm keeping an eye on it (hey, its British and its a space game, so I want it to succeed).

I just need some more concrete details before I'm willing to part with my cash.

EDIT: I've realised why I haven't backed this campaign yet, is because they haven't put any work into it yet. All of the successful kickstarters so far, already have a concept video at the very least. I think thats what is needed for me to take them seriously.

Old 21st Nov 2012, 14:06   #236
Jedra
Supermodel

Quote:
I think what I'll do here, is be one of those people that wait until the end of the campaign, when all the info is on the table, before making a decision. I'm keeping an eye on it (hey, its British and its a space game, so I want it to succeed).

I just need some more concrete details before I'm willing to part with my cash.
Good plan! I did the same with PA - wasn't really sure about it until I felt the buzz!

I think Eliteangerous suffers as it's only really old gits like me that remember it properly - it's campaign will ride on them convincing people who are less geriatric that it is a worthwhile cause. It is probably why after an initial surge there has been a marked slowdown in funding and I guess DB realised that hence the 60 day campaign. If it fails then I will be more sad for DB as it is his dream to make it and the realisation that not enough people want it would be crushing.

Still, this is the Star Citizen thread and as soon as they link my KS account I will see about expanding my fleet over the coming months!

Old 21st Nov 2012, 16:12   #237
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Still, this is the Star Citizen thread and as soon as they link my KS account I will see about expanding my fleet over the coming months!
Sweet!

I’m totally stoked about dropping in with the BT crew and exploring over 100 systems together!

Between us, we should be able to hold our own in the more dangerous regions of the galaxy.

Old 21st Nov 2012, 16:21   #238
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I will be aiming to get my own carrier if they allow it. I've always been a sucker for logistics and support. Other people can do the dogfighting, I'll make sure they're locked and loaded. I do the same in pretty much any game. Planetside 2 is my current vice with that. Transport? No problem. Vehicle pickup? On it. Mobile base? I'm there.
Old 21st Nov 2012, 16:23   #239
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:

Agreed. though for me Planetary Annihilation is the other game that has me SUPER excited.
What the hell! How did I not heart about this game?
|OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (Solid State Drive - Boot)|OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (Solid State Drive - Games)|
Blogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 16:48   #240
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blogins View Post
What the hell! How did I not heart about this game?
Don't know to be honest! We had a massive thread on it!