bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:39   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Zalman Reserator 3 pictured ahead of CES

Sealed-loop cooler destined for CES launch.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-reserator-3/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:46   #2
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
400w....

That's not even possible?
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:48   #3
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why?

(Not an attack, just interested to see why you think it can't dissipate that kind of heat)
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:30   #4
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
400W is possible, but it depends upon the Delta-T they've chosen. If it's 400W at 50C delta T with 2000rpm, then it's not impressive at all. It does also depend upon the flow rate.

Check the graphs at the bottom of this page for how "proper" 120x3 radiators do with a 10C delta T and the watts dissipated. The flow rates are probably higher in these examples too, so the 0.4GPM graph is probably most representative. What can be seen is that 120x3 radiators at that flow rate get about 350-400W dissipated at 2000rpm. Assuming that a 120x3 performs 3 times better than a single 120 (which it probably doesn't quite), then Zalman are looking at a pretty large Delta T for 400W...
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:36   #5
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well it certainly looks good. I wonder if the will bring out a 120x2 version and then all we need is price.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:38   #6
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My original reserator is still working fine cooling a 3.00ghz P4 and 7950GT (AGP). Its actually been connected for more than 5 years now and I haven't opened it up since fitting it. Thats pretty impressive reliability I think.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:03   #7
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think it's mad for Zalman to continue the Reserator moniker given how poor their previous XT model performed. The sticking flow rate indicators that would throw the system into an alarm was hopeless, even after replacing the part, mine still had problems. I have to switch mine to manual upon booting up as auto would cause the fan and flow rate to drop to alarm inducing speeds. Even after a de-gunking and fresh coolant.

Hopefully these prove to be more reliable. Their fanless Reserator 2 was excellent (it cooled a Pentium D 945 @ 4ghz + 8800GTX just nicely) and I've only just recently passed it on to a friend.

Any clue as to what coolant will be used? as their blue additive gunked up worse than Porkin's home furnishings.

Edit: shame no 775 socket support
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )

Last edited by B1GBUD; 21st Nov 2012 at 13:04. Reason: Edit: shame no 775 socket support :(
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:28   #8
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have a Reserator 1 V2 in sat in my cupboard doing nothing, but it happily cooled my old GTX580 heavily OC'd. Is this the sort of thing that people still want to own? The thing with Zalman is that their engineering is usually epic, but the products themselves are often a let down.
Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:59   #9
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that's one sexy cooling system
Old 21st Nov 2012, 14:11   #10
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I really liked my Reserator - it had a real industrial look to it. I ended up plumbing in an extra radiator for some extra cooling : http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=187355

My Flickr Photostream
gcwebbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:18   #11
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
[QUOTE=waterblock-cum-pump[/QUOTE]

It's interesting that they don't use water like regular water cooling systems !
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:35   #12
MrGumby
CPC 464 User

MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's interesting that they don't use water like regular water cooling systems !

I lol'd
MrGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:42   #13
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think it looks ace but I have been known to pick up the occasional bint.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:51   #14
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
Personally, I think the interesting thing here is that the radiator assembly /appears/ to fit completely into the footprint of a 120 fan. For people with 120 fan mounts that are recessed in some way preventing the installation of standard 120 radiators, this is an improvement!

I only wish it came in a red LED variant...
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 00:05   #15
xxxsonic1971
W.O.T xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xxxsonic1971 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The water in this is wetter i wonder??
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 02:06   #16
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i wonder if this could be compatible with GPU units ( like the h70 was with custom plates ) id love to see a proper gpu cooling setup similar to the artic cooling one ( albeit without the insane price cost )
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 03:08   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
My original reserator is still working fine cooling a 3.00ghz P4 and 7950GT (AGP). Its actually been connected for more than 5 years now and I haven't opened it up since fitting it. Thats pretty impressive reliability I think.
I hate to think what's grown inside

Wasn't the whole point of the reserators that they were external? I gotta admit the originals were a piece of art to have sitting on your desk/floor.

I ran one for a while waaay back maybe 10 years ago. The blocks were pants but the res/rad/pump was pretty pimp.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 05:03   #18
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
it's nice that they've put their on twist on the CLC concept, you can tell just by looking at it that it's a zalman based on the shape of the fins

otherwise THIS IS NOT A RESORATOR, why couldn't they have come up with a new name instead of tarnish a known branding with what will likely end up being a sub-par product
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 07:59   #19
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
acually the Resorator means combined radiator and reservoir...and by the look of it
thats a combined reservoir and radiator XD

and dont dismiss it before you see final cooling numbers..im sure the same thing was said when they demo'd the first tower coolers, the first all in one water coolers etc etc etc
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:47   #20
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now I can't wait to see the Bit-Tech / Custom PC tests on that!
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liquid cooling, reserator, reserator 3, sealed-loop, watercooling, zalman