bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Nov 2012, 18:33   #41
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Ch2pa has yet to learn the way of the DremelCh2pa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This week-end it was varnishing time:

Here is the render of the first coat:

It was not really dry when I took the picture that's why it shines.
Next week-end I will apply second coat.

Second activity of the week-end was to sandpaper and brush the aluminium sheet that I will use for the covers:

I used an orbital sander first, then hand-sandpapering with 120, 240 and 400 papers.
The goal was to eliminate this ugly scar:

After some pass:

I will show more of it when the covers will be ready

Last thing that I did this week end was to properly insulate the PCIe riser.
I tried to use an antistatic bag for the insulation: (thanks G-force for the idea)

It partially worked. I was able to boot and launch a Furmark stress test but the system went down at half of the benchmark.
So mixed the solutions, using both aluminium foil and antistatic bag with double side adhesive tape.

I started by placing the double side adhesive tape on the riser: (luckily it's exactly the perfect size! )

Then I glued the aluminium foil:

And finally the antistatic bag:

The riser is ready for further benchmarks.

That's all for the week
Ch2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 20:26   #42
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Ch2pa has yet to learn the way of the DremelCh2pa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello,

as usual, here is the summary of the week-end's work.

I finally finished all the cables. Here is a how-to in four steps:

1-Stripping:

2-Crimping:

3-Plug-in:

4-Result: two 6-pins custom GPU cables!

This kind of cable is very quick to make: it took me only 30 minutes to do these two.

Family portrait of all the cables:

From left to right: 24pins mobo, 4pins CPU, 6pins GPU, Mini-Sata for DVD, Sata for HDD and Sata for SSD.

I also modded the motherboard slightly by removing the stickers and adding mine:

Before and after:

With the heatsink and SSD mounted:

See you soon for updates
Old 8th Dec 2012, 11:06   #43
Ch2pa
Minimodder

hello all,

I apologize for the two weeks without updates but I was more busy finishing the mod than posting photos...

The good reason is that I had to finish the mod before yesterday to be able to join the CoolerMaster Case Mod Competition 2012!

The mod is now FINISHED and I count on you to go on the CoolerMaster facebook page and support my mod .

As a conclusion to this topic, here are the pictures of the final assembly and the final pictures of the mod. Enjoy it

I hope you had as pleasure to follow this mod as I had to make it.

Thanks to CoolerMaster for organizing this competition which motivate me to do this mod

Thanks for reading.
Old 8th Dec 2012, 12:43   #44
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This looks great. First class work.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 14:17   #45
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
Love wooden cases! Good luck in the competition!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 14:46   #46
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Damn nice work man! The combination of Alu and wood looks really great!
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 15:43   #47
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Thanks to all .

@Ace_finland: Good luck to you too for the comp
Old 8th Dec 2012, 17:28   #48
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
must... not... FAAAAP!!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 17:35   #49
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweeet! I like it. It looks like an old refrigerator with the heatsink on top like that. The fit work is just fantastic. -and really tight in places.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 08:33   #50
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
must... not... FAAAAP!!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Sweeet! I like it. It looks like an old refrigerator with the heatsink on top like that. The fit work is just fantastic. -and really tight in places.
Thanks. And you are right, there is not a single centimetre free inside the case (except the one I left for ventilation).

For those who don't know it yet, this mod is my entry to the CoolerMaster Case Mod Competition 2012.

I count on you to go on Facebook and vote for my mod
=> https://www.facebook.com/coolermaste...75445412567432

You can win some CoolerMaster stuff by voting!!

Thanks!
Old 16th Dec 2012, 12:54   #51
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Hi everyone,

You still have 24hours to support my mod by voting on the CoolerMaster FaceBook page
=> https://www.facebook.com/coolermaste...75445412567432

Thanks for your vote

View Mode