bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Nov 2012, 20:07   #61
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Youīre right, sliding dovetails wouldīve been ideal for this foot. Would look great from under also... if you were ever to look there
Just had an idea... clear acrylic vertical with sliding dovetails... that would be such a PITA to cut in the acrylic, but think about how sweet that could look! Not saying you should do it, or anything, more of a "hmmm...."

Quote:
Iīm thinking about using 6mm copper rods instead of regular pegs. What do you guys think?"
was that really in there when I read it the first time? How did I miss that

Quote:
And yeah, I put it in a bandsaw before sanding. Iīm just lazzzzy when typing... You my friend, are very observant =)
I was going to say... I personally would have used a jack plane followed by a smoothing plane, then sand, but that's just me. And I don't own a band saw, or belt sander lol

-

Edit: Oh, and to answer your question, I think copper would go well on it, if you're still using the copper painted mesh you posted earlier
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 22:48   #62
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Just had an idea... clear acrylic vertical with sliding dovetails... that would be such a PITA to cut in the acrylic, but think about how sweet that could look! Not saying you should do it, or anything, more of a "hmmm...."

was that really in there when I read it the first time? How did I miss that

I was going to say... I personally would have used a jack plane followed by a smoothing plane, then sand, but that's just me. And I don't own a band saw, or belt sander lol

Edit: Oh, and to answer your question, I think copper would go well on it, if you're still using the copper painted mesh you posted earlier
Clear acrylic/wood joint, now thatīs dirty! Gonna try that some day. I like the idea very much, although I generally dislike acrylic and similar materials because of the fragility. Tiny scratches or finger prints will eventually destroy the hole piece. Thatīs one of the reasons I chose wood I guess, a material adorned by time rather than ruined.

I donīt use handtools such as planes. Iīm raised by machines But I can always learn I guess...

And yes, there will be a lot of copper in this build, youīll see

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2012, 21:43   #63
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Small update...

Found this little HDMI extension cable... Perfect for my build.

Hereīs a test mounting with most of the hw. As you can see I changed the color from white to orange, the one I used for primer. I donīt know if Iīll keep it like that, it doesnīt suit the color scheme that well... well.

Hereīs from above

Another angle

Then I made a 40mm hole in the top plate, just above the res. For refill and such.

Then I made a 40mm cap cyliner from walnut...

... and glued it onto the res cover. Ohhh, I canīt get enough of that combo, walnut and copper. Iīm never going back to brass again

Laterzzz

Old 30th Nov 2012, 16:02   #64
quizz_kid
Squid

Didnīt liked that orange at all and decided to go all copper instead. Shiny stuff

Made a short IEC cable. This was a job for my little helper

Sleeved it with a nice lace I found at home

Another angle

This is from under. I really like the copper color. The MDF looks almost metal.

Another shot of the bottom

Got a 6mm copper rod in the mail today. Cut it it small pieces and put them in the fot.

Milled holes in the top plate, for pci-e riser and ATX-cables.

A small sanding modification to the riser to fit through the hole. And of course I had to do something about that grey color...

... Blackalize it!

Some fine saning on the shell an into the finishing room.

Made a mesh for the backside and painted it copper.

Also decided to stain the top plate. Itīll look nice I think.

Finally I sat down and made some progress on the arduino breadboard...

And hereīs a short blurry video of the glowing light Iīll be using later. Enjoy!

Old 1st Dec 2012, 09:45   #65
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
All copper will be so sick

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 16:02   #66
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Didnīt liked that orange at all and decided to go all copper instead. Shiny stuff

Got a 6mm copper rod in the mail today. Cut it it small pieces and put them in the fot.

Milled holes in the top plate, for pci-e riser and ATX-cables.

A small sanding modification to the riser to fit through the hole. And of course I had to do something about that grey color...

... Blackalize it!
you made me spew out my soup through my nose!! + rep

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 23:26   #67
quizz_kid
Squid

Thanx guys...

I have a question. Does anyone here know where to get special angled SATA cables?
Iīll need a cable with an angle like this:

Old 2nd Dec 2012, 05:05   #68
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Thanx guys...

I have a question. Does anyone here know where to get special angled SATA cables?

http://uk.startech.com/Cables/Drive/SATA?page=5
Says coming soon though, these offer a lot of things you wish were more available as a modder, they even have hard to find made easy as their thing, I've bought from them before & they are good.

Quizz, this is soooooo nice & copper with walnut is gorgeous, copper seems to go real nice with anything dark, the glowing light is very nice too.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 06:36   #69
dotdrew
Minimodder

dotdrew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice build, not often you see wooden cases, especially not ones with such a nice grain. Good choice on the Mobo too, love the colour schemes on ASRock's stuff. Look forward to seeing it finished.
dotdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 21:39   #70
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
http://uk.startech.com/Cables/Drive/SATA?page=5
Says coming soon though, these offer a lot of things you wish were more available as a modder, they even have hard to find made easy as their thing, I've bought from them before & they are good.

Quizz, this is soooooo nice & copper with walnut is gorgeous, copper seems to go real nice with anything dark, the glowing light is very nice too.
Thatīs great, thanks mate! Iīm going to contact them for more info. And yeah, copper is my new love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdrew View Post
Nice build, not often you see wooden cases, especially not ones with such a nice grain. Good choice on the Mobo too, love the colour schemes on ASRock's stuff. Look forward to seeing it finished.
Thank you Dotdrew! Yeah, ASRocks boards are jummy... A lot of black!!

Old 2nd Dec 2012, 23:20   #71
quizz_kid
Squid

Todays work, after three layers of finishing:

Double layer of copper mesh and some dust filter for the intake

My three 40mm fans didnīt fit so I had to ditch one. But hereīs the two mounted.

Glued the magnets into the back door

This is a view from above...

This is how the front looks right now, simple and elegant. I also changed the power switch to a somewhat bigger one. I donīt know about that copper nut though... keep it?

And then I finished up the foot stand. I think I really like the gaps with copper rods

Close up

Laterzzz

Old 3rd Dec 2012, 00:59   #72
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
oh good lord i need a new pair of jeans thanks to that post.... curse you !

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 02:03   #73
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Nice... gotta love when things don't go quite as planned, but turn out better anyway (the gaps). Looks great. I might have missed it somewhere, but what did you use for finish?
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 14:21   #74
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
oh good lord i need a new pair of jeans thanks to that post.... curse you !
Thanks! And donīt bother changing pants if itīs copper you like, cause thereīll be more of that, I promise

Quote:
Nice... gotta love when things don't go quite as planned, but turn out better anyway (the gaps). Looks great. I might have missed it somewhere, but what did you use for finish?
Thank you mate! Yeah... That is very common for me. Glad I make mistakes sometimes. And for finish I use Danish Oil.

Old 3rd Dec 2012, 14:54   #75
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Nice, I just used Danish Oil for the first time myself, last week. It looks really great on that walnut.
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 15:12   #76
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Thanx guys...

Maybe some of this will work?
http://www.aquatuning.se/advanced_se...%20cable%2090&

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 23:29   #77
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Nice, I just used Danish Oil for the first time myself, last week. It looks really great on that walnut.
It does, doesnīt it! Itīs good on many grains, but walnut especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
'

Aquatuning has them? Well thanks man. Iīll order one right away!

Old 4th Dec 2012, 06:13   #78
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Really like the exposed copper rods on the base, awesome accident, love those.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 13:33   #79
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

Quote:
Aquatuning has them? Well thanks man. Iīll order one right away!
I always use those. Comes in all kinds of angles.

Old 4th Dec 2012, 23:59   #80
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Really like the exposed copper rods on the base, awesome accident, love those.
Thank you mate! I like them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
I always use those. Comes in all kinds of angles.
They sure seem to do!

View Mode