bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:47   #61
jocke92
What's a Dremel?

jocke92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...z_kid/18-1.jpg
That's a really nice cable man. I wan't those for my desk, it's all in the details.
jocke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 15:48   #62
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this looks : "the dawgs Cajuna's".
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 16:13   #63
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Bravo, bravo
Nice work, and details, wow
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 17:19   #64
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreps View Post
mister you have some nice skills i must say
Thank you dreps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocke92 View Post
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...z_kid/18-1.jpg
That's a really nice cable man. I wan't those for my desk, it's all in the details.
Glad you like it! I had fun making that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA-58 View Post
this looks : "the dawgs Cajuna's".
Thanx man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razarach View Post
Bravo, bravo
Nice work, and details, wow
Thank you very much!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 12:04   #65
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh my god! How have I missed these updates!?

The cable, and everything about this build is just stunning and gorgeous! Well done!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 13:01   #66
Shuttlemodder
Ultramodder

Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Shuttlemodder is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
really liking the vga cable!!!!
Shuttlemodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2012, 19:22   #67
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This mod is REALLY IMPRESSIVE!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 10:44   #68
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I think you do the nicest custom cables quizz, flipping gorgeous.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 18:42   #69
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Oh my god! How have I missed these updates!?

The cable, and everything about this build is just stunning and gorgeous! Well done!
Thanks Southpaw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlemodder View Post
really liking the vga cable!!!!
Thank you friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
This mod is REALLY IMPRESSIVE!
Thnx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I think you do the nicest custom cables quizz, flipping gorgeous.
That was the goal all along, to be flippin gorgeous I mean

Well... Bit techerz seen to like cable modding a lot, thats for sure.

Heres an update:

First off, I made the xbox reciever a bit shorter

Then I started on those magnets for the controllers. Found an amazing product on ebay, conductive glue!! No soldering needed... Just perfect! ... or it wouldve been, if it actually worked Totally useless cr*p!!

So I soldered instead. Soldering magnets is a lot of fun... The iron strikes for the magnets in an instand and suddenly youve got tin everywhere. Never do this, its pure pain!

Atfer soldering I secured the joints with some epox.

16 magnets on an old PSU cover...

Heres a quickshot of the foot and base console. Almost done now I hope. Cant wait to test this gaming beast!

Laterz!!

Old 13th Nov 2012, 02:59   #70
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post

So I soldered instead. Soldering magnets is a lot of fun... The iron strikes for the magnets in an instand and suddenly youve got tin everywhere. Never do this, its pure pain!

Laterz!!
Heh, I found out the hard way that the cap on ferrofluid will keep it in the bottle, until you bring it near a magnet. Then it just gets pulled right out through the seals! That crap will stain anything.
Old 13th Nov 2012, 08:33   #71
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is draw droopingly good mate, outstanding craftsmanship.

Looking forward to seeing some 'in action' pics.

+1rep
The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater. - Frank Zappa
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 18:11   #72
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I wish I could subscribe more than one time.
This is just pure awesome and since I have a projector fetish, this can't go bad. That LED projector is so tiny I want one just to cuddle with.

I never had thought that fiber optics could be used for receiving IR. Very clever.

Keep them wood chops flying.

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 19:40   #73
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynecider View Post
This is draw droopingly good mate, outstanding craftsmanship.

Looking forward to seeing some 'in action' pics.

+1rep
Thank you Tynecider!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
I wish I could subscribe more than one time.
This is just pure awesome and since I have a projector fetish, this can't go bad. That LED projector is so tiny I want one just to cuddle with.

I never had thought that fiber optics could be used for receiving IR. Very clever.

Keep them wood chops flying.
Thank you very much Gnu. Projector fetish? Thats an expensive one And yeah, Im quite proud with the fiber solution myself

Old 21st Nov 2012, 08:58   #74
quizz_kid
Squid

To make sure the magnets would transmit the signals proper, I came up with this:

Glued the first magnets into the main pad with epoxy under pressure.

Then I simply just put some epoxy on the opposite magnets and let them do their own thing, collide. Then I placed the joystick pad(with predrilled holes ofcourse) on top of them and let it dry during night.

Next morning. Perfect transmission!!

Did the same thing with the trackball pad.

The day after that I started to put some guts in there.

Protective top panel in painted 4mm MDF

Laterz!! / Quizz

Last edited by quizz_kid; 21st Nov 2012 at 10:45.
Old 21st Nov 2012, 10:23   #75
Kris
Lord Lolwut

Kris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
God damnit Quizz, did your momma not tell you not to make too awesome looking mods?

In all seriousness, this has the looks and function of the best mods out there (imho of course), but your creativity is through the roof.

Massive props, I wish i could do case modding beyond putting a PC together as well after seeing what you do.
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:26   #76
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking awsome as always.
I really like this idea with the magnets and I really hope that it works out as planned. My only consern is that the wood might warp slightly over time and that this toleranse might cause a bad connection. If that would happen, maybe something softer than epoxy could be used. Like some kind of silicon or rubber addhesive that will still allow the magents to compress or strech slightly after its cured. But hopefully you wont need it.

Keep it up

Old 21st Nov 2012, 13:21   #77
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW! love the cable!!! =)

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 23:02   #78
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
God damnit Quizz, did your momma not tell you not to make too awesome looking mods?

In all seriousness, this has the looks and function of the best mods out there (imho of course), but your creativity is through the roof.

Massive props, I wish i could do case modding beyond putting a PC together as well after seeing what you do.
Thank you Kris. That is very appreciated! Glad you like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Looking awsome as always.
I really like this idea with the magnets and I really hope that it works out as planned. My only consern is that the wood might warp slightly over time and that this toleranse might cause a bad connection. If that would happen, maybe something softer than epoxy could be used. Like some kind of silicon or rubber addhesive that will still allow the magents to compress or strech slightly after its cured. But hopefully you wont need it.

Keep it up
Thanks friend. Yeah, Ive pictured the wood destroying the transmission. As you say, tolerance is low and theres not much movement needed. Im just hoping for the best here If Im lucky, itll be fine. Ive thought about using a softer or a more stretchy adhesive too, but the magnets are too strong I think, and will eventually come off. Ive thought about using springs in some way maybe, but same issue there, the magnets are too strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
WOW! love the cable!!! =)
Thank you man!!

Old 23rd Nov 2012, 14:12   #79
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Thanks friend. Yeah, Ive pictured the wood destroying the transmission. As you say, tolerance is low and theres not much movement needed. Im just hoping for the best here If Im lucky, itll be fine. Ive thought about using a softer or a more stretchy adhesive too, but the magnets are too strong I think, and will eventually come off. Ive thought about using springs in some way maybe, but same issue there, the magnets are too strong.
Just incase you will need to try with something softer sometime. I would give this a try, or something similar. That stuff sticks to about anything once dried and is literaly impossible to get away once cured, sticks like crazy to metall, atleast from my experience. And it might just give it that extra flex. But lets just hope it isn't needed at all.

Old 23rd Nov 2012, 22:23   #80
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ehm, i think i just missed a whole page with my last comment... >.< i commented the vga cable even tho you had made 2 updates after it! =P but as said VERY nice soldering and cool magnetics love it!

btw, where did you find the solderable usb females? i've searched for those...

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode