bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 5th Nov 2012, 00:52   #1
zschow
Wish I had a Dremel!

zschow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where to go around the UK for landscapes?

Hi guys, I got about a year in the UK to do my Masters.

I think I've seen some fantastic landscapes around on this forum but I cannot remember how far back that was (08 or something?)

So, where should I be going for beautiful vistas, lonely moors, cliffs and that sort of thing?
zschow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 01:49   #2
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wales, lake district ? Yorkshire dales.
^+1
Energy saving light bulb agrees with the incandescent bulb.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 10:21   #3
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
any of the national parks should give you a brilliant scenery.

having a car is desirable though.

although landscape photography isn't purely about travelling to places and finding other people's tripod marks. where will you be studying? anywhere can create a great landscape photo. look for the lines and shapes created by the terrain/buildings/body of water.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 14:30   #4
digitaldunc
I'm d-d-d-d-digital

digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Passed through Aviemore yesterday on my way back home from Inverness yesterday, some of the views around there are astounding.

If you do come to Scotland, be prepared for crap weather, especially this time of year.
Event-horizon: i7 2600K @ 4.5 @ ~1.3v | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 9-10-9-24-2T | 2 x 580 1.5Gb (SLI) 772/1002 | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Crucial M4 256Gb | Spinpoint F3 1TB | Corsair HX1000 | ZM-MFC1 Fan controller | XSPC Dual res | 2 x DDC 18W | Black ice stealth 360 | ThermoChill PA120.4 | EK Supreme HF Nickel | 2 x EK 580 Plexi | 7 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM | Modded TJ07
digitaldunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 16:10   #5
zschow
Wish I had a Dremel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modd1uk View Post
Wales, lake district ? Yorkshire dales.
modd1uk : Thanks! Where in wales though? I could check out the dales.
wuyanxu : out in the University of Warwick, so I could wander around the midlands quite easily. I'm curious to see more of GB as it is (also, Homeworld 3 is still on top of my wants list)
digitaldunc : Would late spring be a better idea to go to Scotland? My gf's brother is in Glasgow, he reports poor weather quite often.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 16:19   #6
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wales = The Brecon beacons National park.

Dorset = Corfe Castle, Isle of purbeck, Kimmeridge

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 16:58   #7
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
close to Coventry then:
Peak district national park. I went there a few months ago with a few other photographers, and did this walk. here is the resulting photo thread.

for Dorset, you forgot Durdle Door.

Exmoor nation park is also great. look in my flickr stream (see sig), there's a few I took 2 weeks ago.

Snowdonia in North Wales is also good, there's a Mach loop which combines scenery with fight jets. it's on my to-do list when the weather gets warmer.

as mentioned, the highlands in Scotland is fantastic, rent a car and spend at least a week up there, it's so big and beautiful. another one on my to-do list, only spent 1 day got up to Loch Ness on my last visit. next time I plan to rent a cabin up there.

or your local park or any open ground near the university. perhaps city scape of your university buildings? Winter isn't really the right season for going anywhere......
Old 6th Nov 2012, 23:03   #8
zschow
Wish I had a Dremel!

Thanks guys, I got something to plan for now Probably lay low for winter I suppose, then go off in spring/summer.

Thanks again!
Old 15th Nov 2012, 22:51   #9
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Try Rhossili, its one of the top 5 beaches in the uk Its by Swansea so easily day-trippable from you but you could probably get an overnight in a travelodge/premier inn/etc somewhere towards Tenby and take in the Pembrokeshire National Park too.

Some great scenery down there.
Old 15th Nov 2012, 23:52   #10
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If you can find the time and money, do a tour of the Scottish Highlands. A bit of a predictable response but I'm sure you can do a quick search and find some great places to take photos up north.

I'm a bit biased since I'm from up that way but some of the scenery is just incredible.

My favorite place has to be the viewpoint on Struie Hill, you can see it on Google Maps here.

I'm sure there are plenty of amazing landscapes in less remote areas but I do enjoy passing that viewpoint when I'm visiting home, one of the best bits of scenery I've ever seen.

Last edited by CrazyJoe; 16th Nov 2012 at 00:06.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 09:33   #11
m3rk
Minimodder

m3rk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how about the south west area of the uk? - Not knowing where you are but there is some stunning views around cornwall...
m3rk is offline   Reply With Quote