bit-tech.net

Old 12th Nov 2012, 09:43   #241
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I thought hardly any different until you shown the installed comparison, awesome, opens it up perfectly.

Glad they pulled through for you.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2012, 15:37   #242
B NEGATIVE
Despoiler of Worlds and Magoo Owner

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I thought hardly any different until you shown the installed comparison, awesome, opens it up perfectly.

Glad they pulled through for you.
Its amazing the difference it makes. The extra few inches changes everything...

Little Devil have been a delight to work with,quick delivery and he actually has a keen interest in what im doing.
Im wondering whether to get him to make a smaller window in the rad bay panel to show off the pumps and PSU....or would that be too much?

TO PHOTOCHOP AND RUIN ALL THE PICS!!
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2012, 08:55   #243
B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Right,im really am quite angry,i got a SECOND fc6 to replace this one that failed,this one decides to catch FIRE instead!! Now this unacceptable! I cant RMA due to the faceplate but this is my SECOND controller,im getting this independently verified as to whether this is capable of handling 20w,if not then they can expect a letter from my legal rep soon.

Terrible products....

Now im in a bad position,im not throwing away another £30 on a Lamptron FC5 after the 60 i have already spent,so i have to buy a different controller and remake the front panel...this rig is going on display for XSPC in 2 weeks!

I was in contact with a Lamptron rep on FB,he said they will sponsor any future builds but not do anything about this. How can i recommend your products in good faith if they keep failing like this??

I had to mod the faceplate (remove screws and dot superglue to hold it in place) but this doesnt effect the operation of this controller.
The watercooling retailer i mod for is just about to order from Lamptron,they are concerned also about the fail rate.

I am tempted to leave the panel,hook up the fans to the PSU and taking these blown controllers to display with my rig.....

Last edited by B NEGATIVE; 20th Nov 2012 at 16:28.
Old 17th Nov 2012, 14:31   #244
B NEGATIVE

More damage.....
Old 17th Nov 2012, 17:41   #245
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thats poor form from Lamptron!!!

By my math you should only be pulling around 8.64W with the 4 fans on a single channel (assuming you have the high performance versions) WAAAAAYYY below the stated 20W per channel that fan controller should handle.. and for it to melt your cable like that...

Sorry to see your having such issues with the machine bud! after 2 fails, personally I would look at another vendor..
Old 17th Nov 2012, 17:48   #246
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Too bad for that controllers-I would recommend you to try Zalman,I used two of their controllers before and they are top class. Schyte has also good controllers (maybe some of them have same holes like your case).

Hope you will solve this problem and that will see this rig in it's true light.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 16:35   #247
B NEGATIVE

Okay,some good news,Lamptron are sending me a FC5 V2 to replace my controllers. I have used the FC5 V2 before and found it very capable,i have one running a D5 and its done that for a long time now so im not forseeing any issues.
Thanks to Robert and Luciel for getting stuck in and going the extra mile for me,i really do appreciate it.
So,now i can concentrate on finishing my rig off and getting ready for i47.

They are going to come back to me with a diagnosis of the controller which will be nice as its not known what caused it and the guys from Lamptron believe it could be a cabling issue....I hope its not that,I will feel a bit stupid for blaming Lamptron and I dont fancy trying to get Phobya to sort anything TBH from what i have seen.

So PROPS to Lamptron for going out of their way to get me back on track in such short notice,couldnt ask for more.

Last edited by B NEGATIVE; 20th Nov 2012 at 16:41.
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 11:37   #248
B NEGATIVE

Much thanks to Luciel and Spawne for expediting this controller to me and to Grahame at Kustom PC for have one for them to send.
Thanks fellas,you have done me proud!

PCB has changed over previous FC5's i have had.

And braided extensions too?
Another new and welcome detail.

WE ARE GO!!!

Last edited by B NEGATIVE; 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:54.
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:38   #249
krussellusaf
Modder

krussellusaf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's one good looking fan controller.
krussellusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 14:02   #250
B NEGATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by krussellusaf View Post
That's one good looking fan controller.

Its a shame that the front panel and knobs are coming off....

In other news..I have been hit with star trolls too.
Stars mean nothing to me so keep on hating!

Comments are the only thing I interested in,if you dont have the balls to say anything in this thread then you have no balls at all.

Old 24th Nov 2012, 15:50   #251
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Kustom PC are awesome, I can vouch for that, nice service & modding supplies, the fan controller though I didn't feel bad at all about changing the face plate.

Think of them as fabulous fluffy pink star fairies gone rogue & use that peter griffin rides a dolphin gif if they ever say anything out of order & you can't be bothered wasting time replying to them.

Takes all the poison sting out of it & is exactly what they are in my mind, fluffy pink star fairies gone rogue.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 18:10   #252
23RO_UK
Hasta Mañana

23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry have to say this -

With reference to the subject of the bit-tech star system...

Personally I always find it broadly reminiscent of the stars members of a certain fast food chain used to have on their name badges which roughly translated to I occasionally turn up for work, I'm capable of applying salt to the fries, my grasp of the English language extends to "Can I take your order please" and I'm guaranteed to f*ck up your order!!!

The types of individual responsible I surmise that actually do this probably come from an excessively interbred gene pool, were dropped on there heads by the Midwife apon emerging from the womb or mindlessly take power tools to a case, paint it, festoon it with LED fans and then wonder why it doesn't go faster...

Last edited by 23RO_UK; 24th Nov 2012 at 23:56.
23RO_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 18:12   #253
23RO_UK
Hasta Mañana

23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.
It's a quality build end of B

Ps. Sorry for the previous rant but felt it had to be said
23RO_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 19:19   #254
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
haha...I've never really paid attention to the ratings.. If people are taking time to post comment or ask questions, then you must be posting good or "interesting" content.

another bad ass build btw
Old 24th Nov 2012, 20:05   #255
B NEGATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Kustom PC are awesome, I can vouch for that, nice service & modding supplies, the fan controller though I didn't feel bad at all about changing the face plate.

Think of them as fabulous fluffy pink star fairies gone rogue & use that peter griffin rides a dolphin gif if they ever say anything out of order & you can't be bothered wasting time replying to them.

Takes all the poison sting out of it & is exactly what they are in my mind, fluffy pink star fairies gone rogue.
I shrug it off Waynio,YOUR comments are what lights me up,not the ratings,even bad comments are worth it if they are legit.
Rise above.
EDIT:Just seen they hit the MilSpec build i did for that lad Xmas present too....thats pretty lame,especially as the Dad reads that thread and is going to show it to the lad on Xmas day so he knows what went it to it.

Look like a gained another 3 1 stars just after this post.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
Sorry have to say this -

With reference to the subject of the bit-tech star system...

Personally I always find it broadly reminiscent of the stars members of a certain fast food chain used have on their name badges which roughly translated to I occasionally turn up for work, I'm capable of applying salt to the fries, my grasp of the English language extends to "Can I take your order please" and I'm guaranteed to f*ck up your order!!!

The types of individual responsible I surmise that actually do this probably come from an excessively interbred gene pool, were dropped on there heads by the Midwife apon emerging from the womb or mindlessly take power tools to a case, paint it, festoon it with LED fans and then wonder why it doesn't go faster...

Hahahahaha

Oh wait.....thats me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
haha...I've never really paid attention to the ratings.. If people are taking time to post comment or ask questions, then you must be posting good or "interesting" content.

another bad ass build btw
See? This is what i mean,comments from a talented top tier modder...worth a thousand stars.

This build got a nom for MOTM,the sponsors that helped are over the moon,i have inspired others to experiment with stuff,i in turn have been inspired by others and I love my rig,and that,Ladies and Gentleman,is all i care about.

MOAR DREMEL!!

Last edited by B NEGATIVE; 24th Nov 2012 at 20:31.
Old 26th Nov 2012, 22:09   #256
B NEGATIVE

Knobs swapped for the black ones from my FC6..

And we are back on track!

Time for a dust out and a clean up for i47.
Old 27th Nov 2012, 03:39   #257
dotdrew
Minimodder

dotdrew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing build, love the chrome piping especially. Have you measured how much it draws at the wall at full load?
dotdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 00:27   #258
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I wish you would have used white light for the interior. The red kind of blends everything together. On that last pic I have a hard time telling whether the pipes are chrome or copper....

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 10:03   #259
B NEGATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
I wish you would have used white light for the interior. The red kind of blends everything together. On that last pic I have a hard time telling whether the pipes are chrome or copper....

Because the pics have a long exposure,the light (like the MilSpec) is saturated heavily,its not as in your face as the pics portray.
Old 28th Nov 2012, 19:52   #260
Xtheblackfox
Minimodder

Xtheblackfox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Truly an epic case mod!! Reminds me off my watercooled 800d. How i miss that!!
Xtheblackfox is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode