bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 21st Nov 2012, 17:36   #21
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
1920x1200 is so small... On 2560x1440 i got 7 rows, you got only 5 .
Old 21st Nov 2012, 17:38   #22
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
1920x1200 is so small... On 2560x1440 i got 7 rows, you got only 5 .
LOL, this is my laptop. It has a resolution of 1440x900
I'll install Win8 on my desky in mid December. I have university exams and finals coming up.

P.S: I think you can get more than 7 rows. Open the setting left side panel, and look to see if you have "Tiles" item. In it, you should have an options to add more rows. If you don't, then you can't have more rows. It all depends on screen resolution and aspect ratio. I know on my 1920x1200 display I have this option, when I plug my lappy to my desktop monitor.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 17:57   #23
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
I think you can get more than 7 rows. Open the setting left side panel, and look to see if you have "Tiles" item. In it, you should have an options to add more rows. If you don't, then you can't have more rows. It all depends on screen resolution and aspect ratio. I know on my 1920x1200 display I have this option, when I plug my lappy to my desktop monitor.
Show more tiles ? Enabled. 7 rows is max at 2560x1440, 6 with "show more tiles" disabld. :

Anyway, my personal opinion is Windows 8 all the way. The only issue i hit so far was with the Riddick game, which required a manual installation of Tages. Except that, everything works. Well, there is one exception to that, but that is more of an issue of my employer than Windows - Mail app refuses to talk with the company IMAP server which has a self-signed certificate.
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:13   #24
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
looks like imm have to hit the the turbo button on my grades and get m grandfather to release a little funding for w8 and better peripherals and and ergonomic chair. these sunroom chairs are great for lunch but horrid to your back. i may not be 20 yet but i still get a sore neck and back from this thing.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 16:31   #25
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.
Hey guys, I've built m new system and I've been using it for nearly 2 weeks. I've had one problem with windows 8 but it is a minor issue of compatibility for the Sims 3.

Other than that I've been enjoying it. I've sidestepped vista and 7 obviously so as Goodbytes said it might be a big learning curve but seriously? Not really. I've got around all of the shortcuts and such and all of my games are working flawlessly. I have a Core i3 3220, 8GB of ram, a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD. The difference in usage on my computer is astonishing. I can load up skyrim without having to tap my fingers on the desk waiting for it to load up. I press the button and it's loaded.

The operating system itself is pretty simple. Honestly? I've not been using the 'Metro/Modern' UI much. But when I do I don't blame Microsoft for changing it to this. I can see why it's so good for tablets but I don't see the point for so much annoyance, like "Microsoft have ruined windows, it's just like vista, I shall be boycotting this until they put it back to how it should be" childishness. Everything is pretty simple to get to and I don't find myself trawling through loads of menus like people said I would be.

Retro Stuff:USB modded N64, NES, Gamecube, Mega Drive and Dreamcast controllers for Emulation ~ Homemade Arcade Stick ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 20:16   #26
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Also, if you ever need anything, you can always search instantly on the start screen for settings, files, or app that you have installed. Simply type what you want in the start screen, just like that.. out of the bloom, and it will start searching.
My biggest concerne this, actually.
As someone who remembers WHERE something's saved and is not what it's called...

I know where I save my pictures, not what they're called (well a couple of thousand IMGPXXXX cant be that hard to search).
Sorting data a production machine spits out (and always calls the same) is NOT very handy when searching by name.

Also, in retail, Win7=Win8 pricewise in this country.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 21:53   #27
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
don't search by name then? just type the path and it'll go there
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote