bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Oct 2012, 09:16   #1001
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Reply #1000, and it's MIIIIIINE!

Thanks for all the support guys! You !!!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 09:18   #1002
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Reply #1000, and it's MIIIIIINE!

Thanks for all the support guys! You !!!
Ok,then #1002 is mine.

You also .

Last edited by Pranja; 28th Oct 2012 at 09:39.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 10:32   #1003
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Wake me up when you get to #1336. The next one is miiiine.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 11:53   #1004
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thats one mighty cool SSD , if your looking for extra brightness you could always connect a mosfet to a 5v source and connect the HDD indicator to its gate pin. That way you get full 5v on the LED's and it will still flash with HDD activity.

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 17:40   #1005
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Jeeze, man, your fingers healed up funny after that lathe accident! Awesome polish on the lenses there. I didn't notice they were in until you pointed out the freaky fingers.

Almost done? What will you do now with winter just starting?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 20:18   #1006
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 20:43   #1007
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I agree with the spartan warrior transported through time to be a presenter.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 22:13   #1008
ZWong
What's a Dremel?

ZWong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Incredible work! I need one of those mills...
ZWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 23:20   #1009
Magmatwister
Minimodder

Magmatwister has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really awesome stuff. Kinda wish I could afford to do a water cooling loop or two though. Ah well, will have to wait. Also, I can appreciate the skill and workmanship that went into this!
Magmatwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 16:27   #1010
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No end of line , please ?!?!

Me wants more
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 19:01   #1011
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Ok,then #1002 is mine.

You also .
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Wake me up when you get to #1336. The next one is miiiine.
Probably not gonna happen, and no you're not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Thats one mighty cool SSD , if your looking for extra brightness you could always connect a mosfet to a 5v source and connect the HDD indicator to its gate pin. That way you get full 5v on the LED's and it will still flash with HDD activity.
They are actually pretty good as they are. And since it seems they are around 2v, it is actually spot on as it is!
But thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Jeeze, man, your fingers healed up funny after that lathe accident! Awesome polish on the lenses there. I didn't notice they were in until you pointed out the freaky fingers.

Almost done? What will you do now with winter just starting?
Freaky fingers! That's me!

I think I will be going to Disney Laaaaaaaand!
Nah, to be honest I have no idea what to tackle next. Right now I just feel like getting this done, and enjoy not lying awake in bed contemplating my next move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
EPIC! Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I agree with the spartan warrior transported through time to be a presenter.
I shall take the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWong View Post
Incredible work! I need one of those mills...
Buy one, problem solved!

Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmatwister View Post
Really awesome stuff. Kinda wish I could afford to do a water cooling loop or two though. Ah well, will have to wait. Also, I can appreciate the skill and workmanship that went into this!
Someday amigo... Someday you too shall feel the grasp of the water cooling beast!

Thanks a lot man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA-58 View Post
No end of line , please ?!?!

Me wants more
I've given you another year of my life... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?

Thanks a lot man!
Since history has a funny way of repeating itself, I find it very unlikely that I'm not gonna show up with something else in here!
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Old 29th Oct 2012, 19:29   #1012
avolla
Hackintosher

avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.avolla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That'll go down as the coolest SSD mod I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing.
avolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 14:14   #1013
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by avolla View Post
Yeah +1 on that

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2012, 13:30   #1014
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.
Great Job as always, now what are you going to change next???

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 18:37   #1015
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolla View Post
Thanks man! I really like it myself as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Yeah +1 on that
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
Great Job as always, now what are you going to change next???
Thank you sir! To be honest, I have no idea... I still have a little idea of a pc for my kitchen, but right now I'm just gonna get this done, and relax a bit untill the mod-bug bites me again!
Old 16th Nov 2012, 18:45   #1016
Angel OD
Pump Killer

You have GOT to be kidding me... Being lazy enough to NOT do 5 minutes of work earlier, has now resultet in not finishing up today...

Well, good news first. I modded an extension cable so I could use the HDMI output on the gfx for my tv:

The output plate on the pc:

After making a couple of holes for screws to mount it:

All that was left at this point, was to put the plug in the gfx and the mod was done... But as my hand grabbed the plug, my brain interferred... "Don't tell me you decided NOT to make the hole bigger in the backplate for the GFX, when you went from a 9800 GTX with s-video out, to the 580 gtx with the HDMI... Because we DID think about it!"
That's right.. The round hole is not big enough for the mini HDMI...

So now my options are to take the whole thing apart and mill it out, or find a DVI to HDMI female cable... Pretty sure ebay is my next move!

I'll check back with you guys soon!
Old 16th Nov 2012, 18:50   #1017
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
So now my options are to take the whole thing apart and mill it out, or find a DVI to HDMI female cable... Pretty sure ebay is my next move!

I'll check back with you guys soon!
Angel I'm ashamed of you... don't half ass if when your this close! Take it apart and do it right man, you owe it to yourself and to us.

tisk tisk...

And yes... I did just lecture an amazing modder such as yourself
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:51   #1018
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
Angel I'm ashamed of you... don't half ass if when your this close! Take it apart and do it right man, you owe it to yourself and to us.

tisk tisk...

And yes... I did just lecture an amazing modder such as yourself
I hate you... A little!

I decided that since I'm a celebrity, I have to set a good example...

Well, I took sixfootsideburns advice. Took out the gfx card:

See the problem?

Problem gone:

Sorry for the quality of the cut, I only had a saw and a huge file at home..

IT WORKED! :

Soo... I guess that's it for this build...

I'll try to see if I can find a camera and some time to take some final pics during the next week.
Thanks for all your help and comments! And also for not bit**ing during my not-so-productive periods!
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:14   #1019
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yay!

Finished.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:46   #1020
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
o.... m... god! the era of awsome acrylic and custom acrylic everything is over! lets hope this horrid absence will be short... best stack up the funds and get the mod bug back bad... ima just startin to feel tha itch to saw a hole in the side of my case and get anoverkill air cooler

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42, it's this mod!

View Mode