bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Sep 2012, 17:11   #61
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry I replied to a post on the first page without realising that the thread was quite a bit longer!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2012, 17:13   #62
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Dave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Sorry I replied to a post on the first page without realising that the thread was quite a bit longer!
Don't worry!
Dave2010_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2012, 12:56   #63
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Dave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Ok guys, give me an opinion...this orange glass...

or this?

I like the first type, because it's not a classic glass, but it's different, it's not a solid color (in italian I want to say "tinta unita"), the same color for all glass panel I want to say exactly. The first has a lot of shades that I like very much.
Old 9th Oct 2012, 21:10   #64
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

I'm not dead guys!!
I'm waiting a piece of glass from the glass factory, to see and decide to buy it. I think that it will arrive tomorrow.
Unfortunately, from June, I'm very busy at work and I have not time to
mod...I'm very sad.
I make few changes on drawings of the steel panels, to adapt the new glass panels.
All drawings are ready, I have only to wait the piece of glass to decide definitely: in this way, I can send the drawings to the "laser cutter" and to the glass factory.

I'm very happy today, because Crucial give me kindly this ssd for the mod!! Thanks very much Crucial!!
It's an M4 of 256 GB, a very beatiful ssd!
My girlfriend stole me my Nikon...I made this pics with my father's old Canon...

I'll come back soon with news!!
Old 9th Oct 2012, 22:55   #65
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

CORSAIR

COOLER MASTER

YBRIS COOLING

GIGABYTE

CRUCIAL

Old 10th Oct 2012, 09:55   #66
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very eager to see how this cosmos project will turn out keep up the good work!
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 15:53   #67
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good news for everyone!

Glad You didn`t give up with this project. Wer`e all waiting for updates!
Old 10th Oct 2012, 17:15   #68
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2010_TA View Post
Ok guys, give me an opinion...
My opinion is that using glass in a computer case is not ideal. I would just use plexi and then put a photo filter behind it to make it the color I want. Personally I don't like to use glass in areas that get a lot of action (including tables... just a personal preference). They make colored films that can give the appearance of both color and texture, so personally I would much rather do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2010_TA View Post
You should talk to whoever bent your part and ask them put urethane film inside their dies before they bend your parts next time... those lines in the steel are very easily avoidable. Personally I would have been furious if I paid money for a brushed steel part to be fabricated and they came back with tooling marks.

Though if I had done in on my own (which perhaps you did), it would be a different story If you did bend the parts yourself I would suggest next time doing the above, by some urethane film and put a layer on either side of whatever you are bending (whether its in a bend brake, a vice, whatever). Another trick you can do is to use another piece of metal between your part and the tooling. In my experience I have always refered to this as using sacraficial blanks while bending. That way your tooling makes marks on the scrap piece but it doesn't transfer to your actual product. This is a little trickier to do on a metal brake or a finger press though because it increases the thickness of your material. But if you have access to real metal brake and are using actual tooling then this method consistently works very well

Just a tip though So far progress is looking very promising
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 12:04   #69
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Thank you guys!

@sixfootsideburns

I totally agree with you for how concern the tooling marks.
But, for the reasons that the marks will not visible on the steel because this supports will put in an hide side of the internal space of the case, and for the reason that I paid very very very few money, I can close an eye.
Old 16th Oct 2012, 15:00   #70
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Such nice work being done!
I love those Rads, good luck on the rest duuuuude!

Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 07:14   #71
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
I would have gone plexi too, but balls for glass use

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 22:13   #72
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Thanks guyz!!

I show you the support for the SSD, made of glass and inox.

This first image represent two glass panels 6 mm of thickness, made by the fusion of two panels of 3 mm.
With the holes represented in the picture, I'll fix the inox that I'll show you under.

In this picture, you can see inox. This is the basement of the glass.
This inox, I will have two pieces, because I need them to fix the glass on the cabinet.
The hatched line means the line of the bending.

This is the inox panels, of the ssd. The ssd will fix on it. I draw some slots to dissipate the heat.
Excuse for my bad english, I'm sure that you understand well when I'll show you the support done.

See you soon!!

Dave

Last edited by Dave2010_TA; 28th Oct 2012 at 22:20.
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:49   #73
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Good afternoon guys!!
I make some changes to the steel panels, in order to fix the glasses on them. I thought that the glass would be fix to the steel by the holes. But I can't make holes in the glass near the border.
So, I decided to make the steel without holes to fix the glass, but I think that the best way to fix the glass is paste it to the steel.
This picture shows the new steel arrived last week.

Plugs for the reservoir. I fix them on the glass with silicone.

SSD's support

Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:54   #74
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Finally the glasses arrived!!!
There is one little problem. On the website of the glass factory, they shows the products that they make. The picture of this glasses was a quite bit different compared to this that arrived. I wanted them only orange, but with the orange illumination, I'll try to overcome this minor inconvenience.

Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:58   #75
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

The SSD support!! Beta version, surprise...

Old 22nd Nov 2012, 15:00   #76
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Little work of today. I put the steel panel on the bottom of the case.

Old 22nd Nov 2012, 19:15   #77
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I read this work log and it's getting better and better! Looking forward to see what you show us in the next update.

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 19:40   #78
timerhan
Modder

timerhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Acrylic is very impressive!
timerhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 07:55   #79
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well it's not acrylic... it's glass!
and it looks fantastic!!!
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 08:03   #80
timerhan
Modder

timerhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
well it's not acrylic... it's glass!
and it looks fantastic!!!
wow! sory))) I first thought it was acrylic)))
timerhan is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode