bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Scan Computers

Old 16th Nov 2012, 13:47   #21
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
I'm all for it. As long as Revoo don't do anything else with my details then I will review everything I buy from Scan (I have three times already).
But they do. Read their T & C's. They do marketing and sales analytics.

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 10 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 13:48   #22
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Meh, so does everyone else in cyberspace
Old 16th Nov 2012, 16:39   #23
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
I'm all for it. As long as Revoo don't do anything else with my details then I will review everything I buy from Scan (I have three times already).

In my opinion the hassle of having to delete an unwanted email is not really worth typing a complaint about, and I'd be far happier purchasing products from Scan with good reviews written by my fellow enthusiasts.

Reevoo are being paid (handsomely I'd imagine) by Scan to provide a service to them, just as their web host, ISP and suppliers are. I can't see the problem personally, the process is and always will be entirely optional and anonymous.
Firstly, the issue here is not about having to delete an unwanted email. The issue is that Scan have given our personal information (email address, name, physical address, purchase history) to a third party for a commercial reason, which goes against their privacy policy.

Quote:
4. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
There is no option to tell Scan that you don't want them to share this information with Reevoo, as there should be. The only option is to not receive the emails from Reevoo, thereby blinkering yourself from knowing that Scan has shared this information.

The other issue that has come to light recently is the accounts being hacked and some customers being sent emails with the subject "Looking for Manager", which contain their Scan password in plain text. Given that Scan requires "mother's maiden name" as well as password, I would be very concerned if I had one of these emails myself.
Old 16th Nov 2012, 16:48   #24
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You have every right to be indignant about it, I just simply don't care on a personal level. If it transpired that Reevoo had done anything further with my details, then I'd care.

I work in marketing myself and try as businesses might, they all eventually have to call upon the services of other businesses to help them utilise their marketing data. It's just how business works. Mailing lists are outsourced a lot of the time too, but you'd never know unless you asked.
Old 17th Nov 2012, 00:34   #25
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
You have every right to be indignant about it, I just simply don't care on a personal level. If it transpired that Reevoo had done anything further with my details, then I'd care.

I work in marketing myself and try as businesses might, they all eventually have to call upon the services of other businesses to help them utilise their marketing data. It's just how business works. Mailing lists are outsourced a lot of the time too, but you'd never know unless you asked.
I have no problem with companies outsourcing data processing, marketing, whatever. I just ask that they are upfront about it and, when they change what they do with such data, that they let their customers know beforehand.

I think that's a fairly basic thing to ask for, wouldn't you agree?
Old 21st Nov 2012, 18:15   #26
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I am not accusing Scan of misusing my information OR transferring it to another company. I am certain your terms and conditions are quite correct and as I didn't read them anyway its my fault if I don't agree to them.

What I am instead accusing Scan of is using it in a way I do not wish them to, and that there is no global opt out to ensure that I am never opted in to any other future scheme as this, except of course to blank out my details and never use my account again. I don't want to do this, as I do rather like your prices and your service.

I haven't gone back to the unsubscribe - truly it shouldn't be this much effort. If I ever get round to spending more money with you I'll try again on that one.

In the meantime, I am another person who, once he hands over his details, are not even given the OPPORTUNITY to pre-emptively opt out of anything like this.

Companies do it all the time and I'm sure its quite legal and in accord with your T&C.

I don't ****ing like it though and I rarely give that company any more attention.
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 12:02   #27
Mattmc91
Ultramodder

Mattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run Crysis
We do it with our tile site, no details are sold conforming with EU regulations.

Is it really that much of a bother to some people that we just want your feedback?

It helps a company develop and adapt to the current market.
Mattmc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 14:52   #28
lysaer
Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmc91 View Post
We do it with our tile site, no details are sold conforming with EU regulations.

Is it really that much of a bother to some people that we just want your feedback?

It helps a company develop and adapt to the current market.
I don't think it's the fact that you guys want to pass details on, but that people were not asked if it was ok.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
lysaer is offline   Reply With Quote