bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 25th Nov 2012, 05:55   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Cooler Master Seidon 120M fitted to MATRIX GTX 580 (LLC cooler mod)

So I was having a chat with the guys at CM and wondered if this would work. Turns out the 120Ms mounting holes are verrry close to that of the GTX 480/580/680 and a few zip ties later it all holds down pretty firmly. I'm getting 49C full load (no OC yet), with my case side panel fan cooling the VRMs. If I had more tools, cutting 4 short ~1cm strips of steel with 2 holes should extend the mounting holes, as a less ghetto solution.

Next I need to change the CPU cooler as the Fenrir gets in the way :/ and I wish the HAF-X had mounting holes in the floor for a the fan and rad so it could be neater.

Last edited by Bindibadgi; 25th Nov 2012 at 06:01.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 08:21   #2
improprietary
FT03 is a bitch to watercool

improprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
personal experience tells me that it won't remove alot of heat. But its a nifty little trick to pull
Old 25th Nov 2012, 13:52   #3
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
49C full load is quite impressive! Good job!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 01:30   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by improprietary View Post
personal experience tells me that it won't remove alot of heat. But its a nifty little trick to pull
Howso?
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 21:57   #5
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
too bad it cant be pulled with a 560.....

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 07:56   #6
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
>Too bad it cant be pulled with a 560

why that? no problem as long as there holes in the GFX's PCB. zip-ties good for mock-up or temporary solution. for long time run one could make some "adapter"
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 09:28   #7
Parge
Bit-Sec

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by improprietary View Post
Well, as above, 49C under full load appears to show that it has knocked about 30C off the temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
49C full load is quite impressive! Good job!
Agreed. That's only about 10C less than you'd get with a full WCing setup. Admittedly, that is the core temp, so OCing will be the real test (as your VRMs will start to get nice and toasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
too bad it cant be pulled with a 560.....
It can in fact, I've seen it somewhere *attempts to track down link*
Old 4th Dec 2012, 01:49   #8
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Only thing im wondering is whats keeping those VRM's, memory etc cool?
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 05:10   #9
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
Only thing im wondering is whats keeping those VRM's, memory etc cool?
HAFX side panel fan.

I actually had to remove the pump as it didn't like being sat upside down
Old 4th Dec 2012, 07:19   #10
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
tip for manufacturers: for the GPU LCLC unit it's better to combine pump with rad. lower stress to GFX due to weight and vibration
Old 4th Dec 2012, 13:42   #11
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Or use a case with those upside down atx trays, window on the right side case panel thingys. lol
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 16:10   #12
Silent_Raider
Multimodder

Silent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run CrysisSilent_Raider can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
HAFX side panel fan.

I actually had to remove the pump as it didn't like being sat upside down
Try a Silverstone Raven case so it's sideways instead of upside down?
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | 2x Crucial C300 256GB SSD| 2x MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr III 4GB | Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA | Kingwin Lazer 1000W | LG 10x Blu-Ray Burner | Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D THX | Logitech G500 | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Dragon Age III Edition) | 3 x Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" 3600x1920 | Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 | Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Silent_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 16:47   #13
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
tip for manufacturers: for the GPU LCLC unit it's better to combine pump with rad. lower stress to GFX due to weight and vibration
The high speed fans always cause an amount of vibration anyway tbh.

Silent - yes any other orientation and it's fine. I've got it on the CPU now for a while.
Old 7th Dec 2012, 11:24   #14
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Well, as above, 49C under full load appears to show that it has knocked about 30C off the temps.

Agreed. That's only about 10C less than you'd get with a full WCing setup. Admittedly, that is the core temp, so OCing will be the real test (as your VRMs will start to get nice and toasty)

It can in fact, I've seen it somewhere *attempts to track down link*
the one problem is my 560 is factory OCed...... and i will soon be getting another one to bump it up to an sli rig... if a amd mobo can run sli.... are there any real good coolers for the vrm's and such? cause by god when i put this thing on water it sure as a modder is nuts is gonna have good temps and lots of radiator coolnes

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 12:09   #15
Vetalar
*learning english*

siliconfanatic
no problem here IMHO. as long as there zip-ties and duck-tape...
Old 7th Dec 2012, 13:38   #16
Psyance
Supermodder

Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.
This starts my brain ticking.
Psyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 16:23   #17
atc95
Need help with scratchbuild!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks impressive, and 49 degrees is better than most heatsink combinations.

More companies need to make enclosed loops for graphics cards, in my opinion
atc95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooler master seidon 120m, matrix gtx 580

View Mode