bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd Nov 2012, 13:41   #41
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
Thanks! The lighting needs to be balanced as I do like lighting but it needs to blend in not dominate.
Yeah, read that earlier, good idea.

Can't wait to see this beast finished with proper toned-down lighting & leak-protection.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 14:40   #42
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Here is another weekend update !

Made the alu cover plate and a plexi strip around the mobo

The reflective properties of the HDD platters are gonna create more depth and angles into the design!

Cant decide if I am going with the black or uv green tubing.

I am leaning towards green so I will leave it in for now.

That was it for this weekend. Maybe a small update tomorrow.
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 13:26   #43
ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Ok, guys. I was getting a little worried about the amount of green in the case.
With the green tubing (still havent decided yet) and the green coolant and the green plexi. It might just be a little much.
Also green tubing with the BORG. never seen that before.

So I tried this.
I got a box of PE flexible hosing normally used for electriocal work and cut it open.

Dont look at the exact cuts yet, just did this in like 10 minutes or so, just to get an idea for the effect.

What do you think? Changes the whole feel of the case doesnt it ? But does it change it in the right direction ?
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 25th Nov 2012, 13:47   #44
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oooh i see what you mean, the borg is mainly green accents and lighting, as far as the borg race goes there all black silver n gun metal. I guess the tubing does look a bit biohazard, but really cool!

I think with green lighting, acrylic sections and seeing the green fluid in the blocks, i think there will be enough green for you to safely use all black on the tubing... or spray the tubing a gun metal/dark silver colour.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 14:12   #45
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yo done great thing with tubbing,it looks like Borg implants on drones.

Don't forget to put some red lasers for scanning.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 15:04   #46
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A big case made even bigger! Tha'ts a perfect match for the colors! And this black tubing in combination with the green ones is amazing! But be careful with the cut
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 15:20   #47
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is awesome!

I've used flexible PE hosing before, for a couple of wires I couldn't be bothered to sleeve - it worked very well.

In your case, it does look cool, but on a couple of the bends its gone 'fat' and makes it look a little unprofessional (probably only noticable because the finish of the rest of the build is so good).

I wanted to ask you by the way, what do you use to cut the aluminium (and how thick is it?). I've been loving acrylic recently, but that's just because its so easy to work with.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 16:05   #48
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Like what youve done with the cable tidying trunking , Very good idea =)
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:23   #49
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
Oooh i see what you mean, the borg is mainly green accents and lighting, as far as the borg race goes there all black silver n gun metal. I guess the tubing does look a bit biohazard, but really cool!

I think with green lighting, acrylic sections and seeing the green fluid in the blocks, i think there will be enough green for you to safely use all black on the tubing... or spray the tubing a gun metal/dark silver colour.
Thanks man ! I am researching a more natural cracking of the tubing right now. I might airbrush a little silver on the edges making it look like torn metal, but that is just an idea right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Yo done great thing with tubbing,it looks like Borg implants on drones.

Don't forget to put some red lasers for scanning.
LOL, got 5 green lasers planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
A big case made even bigger! Tha'ts a perfect match for the colors! And this black tubing in combination with the green ones is amazing! But be careful with the cut
Thanks ! LOL, i do cut the cable hose before putting it on the tubing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
This is awesome!

I've used flexible PE hosing before, for a couple of wires I couldn't be bothered to sleeve - it worked very well.

In your case, it does look cool, but on a couple of the bends its gone 'fat' and makes it look a little unprofessional (probably only noticable because the finish of the rest of the build is so good).

I wanted to ask you by the way, what do you use to cut the aluminium (and how thick is it?). I've been loving acrylic recently, but that's just because its so easy to work with.
Thanks ! This was done with a tubing cutter and took exactly 10 minutes. Will make a more natural design and use a dremel for precision. That will make it look better. Also by placing the cust "strategically" the fatness will disappear. Or i might have to put a "tension band" on the backside to force it into place (do you understand what i mean here ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Like what youve done with the cable tidying trunking , Very good idea =)
Thansk! It often the most simple idea's that work best !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:43   #50
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice ASPHIAX.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:49   #51
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Very nice ASPHIAX.
Thanks man !
ps Gave you a +1 star as per request, but it should have been a +11 mate !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 25th Nov 2012, 21:00   #52
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
TBH i don't get how Your loop works... especially at the part of gfx and board block...
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 21:11   #53
ASPHIAX

Maybe this picture will help.

At the white arrows all the pressure is the same as the tubes are all connected together.
At the blue arrows all the pressure is the same they are all connected together and no collant can flow back into a block .
(this is where I need to test out the config as I have not yet seen anyone integrating the SB block also and the restriction might be different)
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 25th Nov 2012, 21:14   #54
timerhan
Modder

timerhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ASPHIAX, try use clear tube and UV water ... I think under the UV light is very cool!
timerhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 21:55   #55
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerhan View Post
ASPHIAX, try use clear tube and UV water ... I think under the UV light is very cool!
This is uv reactive tubing !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 25th Nov 2012, 22:00   #56
timerhan
Modder

timerhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
This is uv reactive tubing !
I see))) But UV water looks better, especially in the reservoir)))
timerhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 23:03   #57
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Had a thought about your excess of green, you could use clear non-uv tubing then mix black dye with uv green. That way you get the subtlety of the black with a sneaky peak of green.
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...-pid-3414.html
Plus
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-16820.html
Plus
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-16817.html
Equals awesomeness
XSPC Twin DDC Dual Bay Res, 2x Laing DDC-1T Plus, Alphacool NexXxoS XP≥ Light - Acetal Edition, Alphacool NexXxoS NVXP GTX760 Full Cover Copper Block, Alphacool Heatmaster II, 2x 240mm Alphacool ST30 Full Copper Rads, 5x
Xigmatec CLF Red 120mm Fans
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 07:17   #58
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Had a thought about your excess of green, you could use clear non-uv tubing then mix black dye with uv green. That way you get the subtlety of the black with a sneaky peak of green.
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...-pid-3414.html
Plus
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-16820.html
Plus
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-16817.html
Equals awesomeness
Yeah! I reached out to Lee Woods to request the best way to get to the right colour.
He suggested the UV green and emerald green dye so i already tot that in House.
But mixing in black is also a good idea. If the emerald doesnt deliver, i'm going to try that!
Thanks man!
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 26th Nov 2012, 13:07   #59
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

B NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming SaiyanB NEGATIVE is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like that split hose look,very BORG....
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2012, 08:56   #60
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
I like that split hose look,very BORG....
Thanks man, will be working my @ss off this weekend trying to get it as far as I can.
Trying to get it all painted up. Powder is going to take too long. Maybe in phase II of the build
W. www.ModWithMe.com

View Mode