bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 20th Nov 2012, 18:00   #1
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
K.3nny's LianLi Pc-7HX Casebuild, acrylic pipes - Voting time :D!

Back again with again a lianli case !

Package arrived

Some seconds later

Dismantled the case and start measering things out.

Made an working table.

The first adjustment will be the front.

Last edited by k.3nny; 25th Jan 2013 at 13:00.
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 18:10   #2
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice to see you back! I'm looking forward to this!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 18:05   #3
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
@KidMod, Thnks buddy!

Update

Started with the top and front,

some masking and lining everything out.

Raw cut

After some elbowgrease

Then i started with the front, removed original frontpanel mesh, Tried some lianli mesh from another case on the drivecage area but Nah, thats not it.

I didnt want the Dual 14mm intake, so i fixed a plexiglass window for it, still not done ofc waiting on some stuff.

Mounted

Started with the top plexi window,

rawcut

After some elbowgrease and P400 sandingpaper

Nice and smooth!

To the next update!
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 18:09   #4
Sissilisko
Multimodder

Sissilisko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
waiting to see what's coming :P

unfinished:
none!
Sissilisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 18:20   #5
k.3nny
Hypermodder

Ah not much
Old 26th Nov 2012, 23:54   #6
k.3nny
Hypermodder

update time!

Psu relocation + searching for watercooling opertunities

Voiding the warranty like a boss!

Lets find a place for that naked psu!

Well thats a nice spot isnit?

Some motherboard standoffs to mount the psu-pcb to the case

i did a good job, with to standoffs

deleted some more Aluminium from the case.

gonna mount the fan on an angle, so it gets fresh air (update for that incomming) and blowns the air to the headspreaders, and pcb.

Thinking about this layout, but i need a mcp355 pumptop to confirm this loop, so thats on hold untill i got the top.

Greets!
Old 26th Nov 2012, 23:56   #7
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow brilliant idea !
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2012, 00:46   #8
k.3nny
Hypermodder

Thnks silver!
Old 27th Nov 2012, 11:14   #9
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking good Kenneth lovely solution for the PSU
Old 29th Nov 2012, 01:50   #10
k.3nny
Hypermodder

Update !

Created an "intake" so i had no airflow isseus with the psu

Then i sawed of the mounting side of the psu INCLUDING the inline filter, so its all 1 part and not 1 thing here and 1 thing there (oh wait, xD! )

Today also came 2 packages in the mail, 15meter of red paracord sleeving and 50x152cm matte black vinyl (still wanted to try that and i kinda like it)

Cleaned the front, no more fans there, because the hole innerside will be random build :P

* matte black blends in perfectly with brushed alu!

My psu was already sleeved with MDPC sleeving, but i wanted to go heathshrink less, so i took paracord .

when sleeving all wires 1 at a time i created this wire pass thru.

*also ripped a piece of metal away so i can let the wires guide at the back of the motherboard panel

also my top a step further, more about that tomorrow.

see u with the next update
Old 29th Nov 2012, 01:57   #11
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The PSU idea is just... marvelous! So much free space in the bottom of the case now..
Old 30th Nov 2012, 07:02   #12
mybadomen
Multimodder

mybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great job K3nny
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 12:03   #13
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
subbed
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 14:31   #14
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
PLEEEEASE isolate all that PSU stuff so you don't end up with a 110/220V Lian Li electrode.

How are you doing the power connectors? Very interested!
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 16:48   #15
k.3nny
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by exexs View Post
The PSU idea is just... marvelous! So much free space in the bottom of the case now..
Thnks and yes its something different
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
Great job K3nny
Ty dave !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
subbed
Ty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
PLEEEEASE isolate all that PSU stuff so you don't end up with a 110/220V Lian Li electrode.

How are you doing the power connectors? Very interested!
Dont worry mate, Everything will be isolated, just wait for the update
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 23:40   #16
k.3nny
Hypermodder

update

top window done and finished off with a black matt vinyl edge

Bought myself some aluminium
500x1000mmx1mm

Drawing all the plates on the big plate and cut them to size

Frontplate innerside.

Ready to bend.

Psu plate is done so happy this went good !

Mounted

Reservoir spot.

Midplate done!

creating some tabs to mount the midplate on.

Thats straight

Radiator placement ?

See u next time
Old 6th Dec 2012, 02:14   #17
k.3nny
Hypermodder

update!

Creating the hole for midplate

Jigsaw time!

Perfect!

Creating 2 pass thru's

Used realy strong gleu to hold up the rad against the midplate, so its supper clean

started with some matt black vinyl to create some finished looks

midplate

frontplate

psu plate

Overall for today

See u guys next time
Old 6th Dec 2012, 12:37   #18
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
THAT IS an impressive job! It's perfect!
By the way, I haven't seen anything like that before, but if I'm right, you plug the PSU on the bottom of the case and it runs on the 5.25" bays place isn't it?
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 13:37   #19
goldstar0011
I *am* a Dremel

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quality work
goldstar0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 14:19   #20
k.3nny
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
THAT IS an impressive job! It's perfect!
By the way, I haven't seen anything like that before, but if I'm right, you plug the PSU on the bottom of the case and it runs on the 5.25" bays place isn't it?
Treu, And thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstar0011 View Post
Quality work
Ty sir!

View Mode