bit-tech.net

Old 12th Jun 2011, 14:16   #1
AlchemyFire
Multimodder

AlchemyFire has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
iPad/iPhone Custom PC

I see there is an iPad/iPhone digital version of Custom PC. Is it the UK version? It the official Custom PC app, or just a license?

I'm seriously considering changing my subscription to a digital format, firstly in an attempt to go a little more "green", and secondly to take up less bookshelf space.

AlchemyFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2011, 15:57   #2
AlchemyFire
Multimodder

Wait, scratch that, just found the info!
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-your-iphone/1

Old 15th Jun 2011, 00:27   #3
BonaSwirl
Doesn't pay the electricity bill

BonaSwirl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
With the recent announcements/predictions (not sure which) that apple is no longer looking to charge publishers royalties and subscribers can subscribe outside the apple realm is there any chance that we'll be able to use our mag subscriptions to download a digital copy too? Or even if there was a different digital subscription.

Is this something that Custom PC has considered or looked in to? From the previews of iOS5 the integration does look quite slick.
BonaSwirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2011, 18:28   #4
mike_dowler
Multimodder

mike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysis
Has this been binned? Only the latest edition (been out for over a week) isn't on there yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24th Jun 2011, 18:58   #5
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Thanks Mike, I'll look into it for you. Unfortunately, given the time, I doubt I'll be able to sort it out today though. Sorry
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2011, 18:45   #6
pickledliver
What's a Dremel?

pickledliver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've sent a complaint to pixelmags about the delay. In 4 months the mag has only been on time once!
pickledliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2011, 23:13   #7
mike_dowler
Multimodder

mike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysismike_dowler can run Crysis
Any news, Lizard? It certainly doesn't make me keen to subscribe thru pixelmags, even with the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29th Jun 2011, 09:06   #8
pickledliver
What's a Dremel?

aah, there it is only a week late.

I changed my paper sub to a digital one a couple of months ago, I think I'll be changing back.
Old 1st Jul 2011, 22:17   #9
pickledliver
What's a Dremel?

Here is the response I got from PixelMags about the delay.

"Thank you for contacting PixelMags costumer service. I am sorry you are disappointed with the App. Here at PixelMags, we provide the software that host the digital version of a magazine on iPads and iPhones and are entirely separate from the printed magazines. Unfortunately only the publishers decided on the release dates of their digital issues and it doesn't always fall on the same day as the release date for their printed issues."
Old 4th Jul 2011, 13:58   #10
AlchemyFire
Multimodder

Right, well, guess i wont be subscribing to the digital version. I bought and downloaded the app eventually, but must say, i'm a little disappointed

Edit: Would be nice though to have a feature to redeem past/future issues using your subscription number, but just back issues only go back as far as Oct 2010 which is also disappointing

Last edited by AlchemyFire; 4th Jul 2011 at 14:10.
Old 18th Jul 2011, 09:30   #11
pickledliver
What's a Dremel?

bit of a turn around!

Blimey, after waiting for so long last month, the new issue was released this morning!
Old 14th Nov 2012, 14:29   #12
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Shame that the app doesn't work properly...!

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2012, 14:32   #13
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonaSwirl View Post
With the recent announcements/predictions (not sure which) that apple is no longer looking to charge publishers royalties and subscribers can subscribe outside the apple realm is there any chance that we'll be able to use our mag subscriptions to download a digital copy too? Or even if there was a different digital subscription.

Is this something that Custom PC has considered or looked in to? From the previews of iOS5 the integration does look quite slick.
this!

i am viewing the IET magazine on my iPad completely free just by entering membership number. CPC could do this as well. it would save me carrying the magazine around, would even allow me to read it with my iPhone.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 12:47   #14
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Zinio in this thread. My CPC and PC gamer subs are both through Zinio now.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2012, 15:15   #15
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As if by magic, the app is now working. Result!

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote