bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 20th Nov 2012, 20:08   #61
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I love it!

Well done!
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 20:28   #62
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
I love it!

Well done!
Thanks k.3nny!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 17:41   #63
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
looking awesome! way to go! very nice and tidy finnish on all the parts.
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 18:24   #64
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That looks good, great finish on the parts Can't wait for more!
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 07:46   #65
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
looking awesome! way to go! very nice and tidy finnish on all the parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
That looks good, great finish on the parts Can't wait for more!
Thanks guys! I am extremly happy with the fine texture of the paint, it kind has an oem finish on it. Much better than gloss or matte, tried a satin on too but that just turned out to be horrible
Old 26th Nov 2012, 19:34   #66
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Back with a new update!

Finally decided to go with circular mesh, the hex mesh i got was only 1mm thick aluminum and was not stable enough. This is the color i went with, gun metal gray. Will make a slight contrast to the black powder coating.

For quite a while I've been thinking about what to do for GPU supports, I've seen a few versions out there but nothing that would fit my mod. The biggest problem has been production time of something more complicated that i would have to mill or grind from aluminum. So when I finished another project of mine (homebuilt CNC router) I decided to put it into its first good use (haven't had time to use it since all my time has been spent on the case).

This is what i wanted but wouldn't have had time to complete without the router.

Test mount straight after milling all three parts.

Glass blasted and painted. Also countersunk one side and threaded M5 threads into the rear of the aluminum.

Close up of the support

Now you are probably wondering how i will physically attach the gpu's to the support. Haven't had time to see if it works but there is no reason this shouldn't. You mount it from the rear of the support so the tab from the GPU go between the support and the "extra bit" Then you just turn the screws to pinch the tab from the GPU to the support.

Also tried some engraving, my gf wasn't happy with the font, placement, size and basically everything, but I like it, It's about 0.5mm deep

Also covers a extra hole in the case, although this won't be visible when the motherboard is installed but still a nice touch Still needs a bit of filing to make it fit perfect.

More updates coming very soon seeing that the mod competition ends in about a weeks time.

Sponsored by:
Old 28th Nov 2012, 17:22   #67
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Have started the assembly and luckily i tested the fans before installing them, anyone had the same problem with these fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8GFak6Uksc

Just took a short video of it
Old 28th Nov 2012, 17:31   #68
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Looks excellent! Dunno what's wrong with people and the three stars?!
Old 28th Nov 2012, 17:38   #69
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really nice one!!! Got my 5 stars )
Old 28th Nov 2012, 17:41   #70
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
Looks excellent! Dunno what's wrong with people and the three stars?!
Thanks Jipa! Maybe it's not their taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMod? View Post
Really nice one!!! Got my 5 stars )
Thanks!!
Old 28th Nov 2012, 18:09   #71
Sissilisko
Multimodder

Sissilisko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this will be really sweet test bench, keep up the good work!

unfinished:
none!
Sissilisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 21:08   #72
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissilisko View Post
this will be really sweet test bench, keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Old 28th Nov 2012, 21:14   #73
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Had to assemble the case in order to figure out where to drill holes in the mesh, so figured i would try to take a photo of the leds going at the same time, took around a 100photos before my gf snapped these two. It still doesn't show off the real red but it is awesome in my eyes This is as low as it goes, if i crank it up all the way u won't see the case. Gonna check with some ppl if there is a solution to get this right for the final shots.

Let me know what you think!

Sponsored by:
Old 28th Nov 2012, 21:33   #74
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That is just sick Ace. Cant wait for more
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 22:00   #75
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Awesome,just awesome. Totally speachless.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 22:24   #76
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow man, that GPU support looks great and the led pics are just awesome!
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2012, 02:57   #77
Sissilisko
Multimodder

Sissilisko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome.. to the max!

unfinished:
none!
Sissilisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2012, 12:56   #78
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
That is just sick Ace. Cant wait for more
Thanks alain-s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Awesome,just awesome. Totally speachless.
Happy u like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Wow man, that GPU support looks great and the led pics are just awesome!
Thanks meelobee, kinda got inspired by your project with the acrylics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissilisko View Post
Awesome.. to the max!
Thanks!!!
Old 29th Nov 2012, 16:30   #79
Zesti
Aluminium + file

Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking great, Ace! Tried to bump rating up with five stars but no help..

Oh, and I'm a bit jealous for your machinery.
Old 30th Nov 2012, 22:07   #80
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
Looking great, Ace! Tried to bump rating up with five stars but no help..

Oh, and I'm a bit jealous for your machinery.
Thanks for trying maybe some day it will reach 5 hehe

View Mode