bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 4th Dec 2012, 20:30   #21
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Sounds like you need a new job! I couldn't work in retail, I hate the public.
Oh I feel the same. I hope none of you are my last customer when I retire or leave retail as that person is going to get told f... off just for the fun of it. I made that promise years ago
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 20:30   #22
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I had a 4 hour contract my last part time job, we had massive disputes with management over holiday pay as they kept it at 10% well past the change to 12%. Eventually after much citizens advice seeking etc from a few employees they gave in.

So yeah, it's 12% of your average working hours from the 3 months prior to your holiday time.
Old 4th Dec 2012, 20:51   #23
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
Try owning a business. Minimum wage, no way!
Old 4th Dec 2012, 21:40   #24
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Sounds like you need a new job! I couldn't work in retail, I hate the public.
Ah it's a pretty sweet deal, I work on the systems side of an online retail business, so no customers for me
Old 4th Dec 2012, 22:23   #25
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
I recently worked on site through an agency, who thought it would be fun to "lose" hours here and there. First week 4 hours vanished, second week it was 5 hours. The last week they took 8 hours off, and the excuse was (and I quote) "Sorry mate, there are too many hands in the pot, so we couldn't afford to pay you the extra overtime". My response after week 3 was go to work on the Monday, collect my stuff and walk off site. Blocked all agency numbers.

If I work the hours, I expect to be paid for them. This isn't Africa. We are in a first world country for f**k sakes.

Its threads like this that annoy me, not because of the poster, but because employers think they can get away with this just because there aren't that many jobs around and a lot of employees will put up with it to keep their jobs.

/rant. Sorry OP, this was just meant to be a one liner and I got carried away.

God I can't wait to work for myself.
Old 4th Dec 2012, 22:55   #26
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Ah it's a pretty sweet deal, I work on the systems side of an online retail business, so no customers for me
I wish bud I was in that position
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Old 4th Dec 2012, 22:56   #27
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
I recently worked on site through an agency, who thought it would be fun to "lose" hours here and there. First week 4 hours vanished, second week it was 5 hours. The last week they took 8 hours off, and the excuse was (and I quote) "Sorry mate, there are too many hands in the pot, so we couldn't afford to pay you the extra overtime". My response after week 3 was go to work on the Monday, collect my stuff and walk off site. Blocked all agency numbers.

If I work the hours, I expect to be paid for them. This isn't Africa. We are in a first world country for f**k sakes.

Its threads like this that annoy me, not because of the poster, but because employers think they can get away with this just because there aren't that many jobs around and a lot of employees will put up with it to keep their jobs.

/rant. Sorry OP, this was just meant to be a one liner and I got carried away.

God I can't wait to work for myself.
I work minimum 60 hours a week and only get paid for 45. I know how you feel trust me and been in retail in this country for 13 yrs I have seen it get worse and worse.
Old 6th Dec 2012, 11:46   #28
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
I work minimum 60 hours a week and only get paid for 45. I know how you feel trust me and been in retail in this country for 13 yrs I have seen it get worse and worse.
Feel for you bud, I only work 35hrs a week in retail and the amount of abuse from customers is unreal at this time of year.
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote