bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

View Poll Results: Should we get rid of the stars rating for Project Logs?
Yes, nuke it immediately! 58 59.79%
No, they're a useful indicator. 4 4.12%
Who cares? 35 36.08%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th Dec 2012, 23:00   #61
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD not a Modarator /Staff

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTatic View Post
I assume you don't want my definition of effort
Where did anyone say that? as you say it's the internet everyone has the right to express their opinion regardless of who they are even if they are trolls, after all that's all it is just someone's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I'm unsubscribing from this, trying to re focus on ignoring ratings after me going mad & handing sledgehammers out to whack my rating.
Of course you're right there's more important things to do now, the thread / poll has served it's purpose more people want the star system nuked than anything else.

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI, 2 bags of weed

Last edited by Teelzebub; 4th Dec 2012 at 23:08.
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 23:09   #62
xTatic
~

xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Where did anyone say that? as you say it's the internet everyone has the right to express their opinion regardless of who they are even if they are trolls, after all that's all it is just someone's opinion
Umm, Carrie asked for my definition of effort.
xTatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 23:14   #63
Teelzebub

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Umm, Carrie asked for my definition of effort.
You right I missed that damn new avatar of her's

I still say if the system is causing problems for some as it clearly is then get shot of it if it's at all possible

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI, 2 bags of weed

Last edited by Teelzebub; 4th Dec 2012 at 23:23.
Old 4th Dec 2012, 23:33   #64
xTatic
~

xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.xTatic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
You right I missed that damn new avatar of her's

I still say if the system is causing problems for some as it clearly is then get shot of it if it's at all possible
:P

I dunno, I just feel it's easier for people to get over it.
xTatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2012, 07:35   #65
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
But did you vote to keep them?

So as it stands right now:
[*]99.9975% don't, don't care or couldn't be a***d.[/LIST]

I place my tent firmly in that camp Caz.
250Gb Samsung 840 // 650W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro // Lian Li V351b Apache Filled // Samsung T220 22" // W7 64
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2012, 09:40   #66
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
:P

I dunno, I just feel it's easier for people to get over it.
Is it comfy on that there fence? It's always easier to do nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Half of those were spam accounts. We've cleaned up since then.
Good job and it's made all the difference to the stats! Now 0.0052% of forum members definitely want to keep the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post

I place my tent firmly in that camp Caz.
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC

Last edited by Carrie; 5th Dec 2012 at 09:46.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2012, 02:15   #67
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't see stars anymore, something popped through the stars in the form of troll face.

Imagine the stars as a troll face with star behind it & that's exactly what I'm seeing & will continue to see them like that as long as this system is in play.

It's happening to all modders it seems.

Wouldn't be one of those social experiments I have seen mentioned would it to see who would rise the most to it?.

Thing is I passed on a trip with my dad to see my cousins in Australia from December through til February, some of them I've never met before & man I could have done with some of that Aussie warmth after such a miserable summer in the UK, so I passed & was aiming to complete my project in time to take part in moty & that's when they trolled me when I'd been pressing myself hard to meet the deadline with feeling extra motivated, I was knackered but still steaming forward, I tried shrugging it off at first & then just snapped & said I'm off but calmed down & came back.

It was doing my head in seeing other peoples projects get this also & I look at quizz_kids project right now & it's on 2 stars & it's excellent work.

Get rid of this joke of a rating system, in the meantime I'm trying to see it as a troll face with star behind it so it makes me laugh instead of frown.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 05:13   #68
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't know how I ended up fixated on even looking at the rating but just did & it bugged me, quite strange how such a thing could bug someone lol.

The real thing that's going to make it easier to forget about is pretty much all modders don't give a flip about it so I can tag along with that much easier now.

Was just having some kind of disruptive clash in my mind when seeing real nice projects badly rated, I'll let that slide away completely now & just mod on & appreciate peoples modding, I have to thank everyone who were able to rise above it while I couldn't seem to.

This quote sums up how I need to think again & yes I'm good at modding my thinking too, that's a part of me that is highly moddable & has been upgraded so much since I started posting at bit-tech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
I dont actually look at the rating system The only rating, is in my mind the voice of the community. Pageviews and stars is just for marketing.
That's nice thinking, karma has fully stilled again.

Sorry about getting so annoyed about such a silly thing.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 12:26   #69
Teelzebub

It's the quality of the work and design that matters you can't go by some pleb messing with star ratings.
You're among the top modders here and that's all matters lets hope they get rid of that stupid star system and we can go back to enjoying the great work that gets posted on bt

Old 16th Dec 2012, 14:13   #70
Social_Pariah
What's a Dremel?

Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Social_Pariah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I think it would be a real shame if any modders on here left the site because of a star system - and I cannot see any reason to keep it, so voted to remove it.
Social_Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 13:09   #71
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Okay now unless Mods are voting on threads someone please explain to me why 3 people voted 1 star and 1 person 2 stars on an enquiry thread from a manufacturer representative, regardless of the fact that "they can if they want"? What is the point of that, apart from being rude and stoopid that is?

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=254143

If you want evidence of twisted voters go look them up.
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 13:40   #72
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Okay now unless Mods are voting on threads someone please explain to me why 3 people voted 1 star and 1 person 2 stars on an enquiry thread from a manufacturer representative, regardless of the fact that "they can if they want"? What is the point of that, apart from being rude and stoopid that is?

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=254143

If you want evidence of twisted voters go look them up.

STARS......can't...stop.....myself
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 14:04   #73
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
I'm one of those that doesn't pay a bit of attention to the stars. I look at the builds themselves.. [snip] You don't really need a star rating system. [snip]