bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 9th Dec 2012, 22:15   #1
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A pair of PhotoMerges (Ps)

So, today I bring you two of my best panoramic photos made with Photoshop (Photomerge).
It is a very useful and easy tool available in PS, here the results:

If there's somebody who wants to know how that program works I could do some kind of little tutorial for you!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 00:00   #2
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
my camera can do that, but its impossible to line it up that perfectly for the three shots.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 01:17   #3
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
^Tripod cheesecake.
Old 10th Dec 2012, 01:33   #4
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
good point, but ya still gotta line up the shots, ie the edges of the center shot have to blend. i have a very steady hand. thats where it gets a tad tricky otherwise id have spamposted sr-71 pnaromas en masse by now.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 09:33   #5
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
you can also use Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE), cheaper (eg, free) tool than Photoshop.

very nice stitched panoramas.
Old 10th Dec 2012, 09:48   #6
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Forget the on-camera function, take your own set of pics and use the Photoshop (or PSE) Photomerge function. Much easier.

If you don't have Photoshop, there are a couple of free options out there like Hugin or MS Image Composite Editor (I think MS Live Photo Gallery also does stitching)
Old 10th Dec 2012, 11:26   #7
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
The first one is great, the composure works very well with the light. Not so keen on the second as almost a third of the image is just big trees and it takes away from the view.

When stitching such large images you have to think about the end result more than you would with a single shot as it's easy to fill the frame with elements that take away from the overall picture.
Old 10th Dec 2012, 13:26   #8
Ra6
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
my camera can do that, but its impossible to line it up that perfectly for the three shots.
Yes, but as SuicideNeil says, it's better to do it with the tripod. Also, Ps takes all the pictures for they own and match them the better way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideNeil View Post
^Tripod cheesecake.
cheesecake for the win! LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
The first one is great, the composure works very well with the light. Not so keen on the second as almost a third of the image is just big trees and it takes away from the view.

When stitching such large images you have to think about the end result more than you would with a single shot as it's easy to fill the frame with elements that take away from the overall picture.
I know that the second is not as good as the first one, but it would be better for you if you knew the place and you could relate all what you see with that. The green of the wood and mountain with the blue of the landscape and sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
Forget the on-camera function, take your own set of pics and use the Photoshop (or PSE) Photomerge function. Much easier.

If you don't have Photoshop, there are a couple of free options out there like Hugin or MS Image Composite Editor (I think MS Live Photo Gallery also does stitching)
True! It's as easy as taking some pictures, opening them with the program, wait for it to do the hard work and cut what you want to see!

Thank you all!
Old 10th Dec 2012, 16:44   #9
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
I know that the second is not as good as the first one, but it would be better for you if you knew the place and you could relate all what you see with that. The green of the wood and mountain with the blue of the landscape and sea.
The subject matter is nice, I would just crop it tighter so the trees on the right side don't distract from the interesting bits of the image... unless you like trees of course

Old 10th Dec 2012, 17:21   #10
Ra6
Multimodder

Yeah, you are right, maybe with less trees on the right would be better! ^^'
Thank you!